View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?

Voters
333. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I would like Story-Mode more!

133 39.94%
  • No, I prefer LFR.

145 43.54%
  • No, just remove LFR and be done with it!

45 13.51%
  • Other (Reply)

10 3.00%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Private Server World of Warcraft, the one and only REAL WOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    There's absolutely no reason to have LFR removed. It's one of those things I don't care about, don't participate in and it doesn't affect me in any way. Anyone who claims otherwise is talking out of their ass.
    It effects every player in the game. It is the end game for the lowest common denominator and thus all shared content up to that point (pretty much everything) is based as this level. That's why the game world will never be dangerous again. You just simply never think things through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    the problem is not in the game, the problem is within you. Your standards are too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    LFR-players of today are capable of going to Classic and beat the final raids
    Complete delusion...

LFR is fine, it is just the mentality here at MMO-C, that it is pointless.
    Let it be as it is.

it would be way faster but it would have to fill the same role that lfr does where it gives you raid buffs and get a feel for your alt in a raid setting (rotation, movement etc)

I've had pretty good experiences in LFR...../shrug. But then, I'm not expecting tons of communication and challenge when I do LFR

Personally, I think Story-Mode is a good idea though. Most people who run LFR are flying through raids so fast, without giving folks time to learn the story involved. Same with dungeons. I think a story mode for dungeons and raids would be pretty cool. However, I would keep item drops/rewards tied to LFR mode, and have story mode not really give any rewards (maybe a bit of gold?). That way, you do story mode once to learn the story, then you do your standard grind for gear after.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Learning the fights? Between missing mechanics and the ones that are there not being deadly (aside from you beam, i <3 you and your deadly deadliness!) there's not really much too learn
    LFR is kinda uneaven for difficulty. I am really surprised that some of the coven mechanics are in LFR. The whole army adds instant murder was pretty hilarious the first week trying to get LFR users to /shocked face use CC. I admit I was gulty I was not paying attention to creature type on my warlock and missed that they were elementals so I could banish them. I have not had to banish anything in so long it is funny.

Herald of the Titans
    neat idea if they did it right. i would actually like to see them implement something like swtor did with their story mode. i honestly dont care about loot all that much and just want to see the story and raid instance.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    It effects every player in the game. It is the end game for the lowest common denominator and thus all shared content up to that point (pretty much everything) is based as this level. That's why the game world will never be dangerous again. You just simply never think things through.
    I have to disagree. I fail to see how LFR has anything to do with the game world. Levelling has never been hard or dangerous. Less efficient maybe but that is hardly considered to be dangerous.

As I recall, raids are designed around the old normal, or heroic difficulty and scaled up and down accordingly. Blizzard may be changed this but then I do not work there.

i dont mind LFR right now, because I can then see what the raids look like. My work/life schedule does not allow to me to fit in a raiding schedule so I am unable to raid in a guild. for example. my guild raids on a friday night(yes majority of the guild are parents so they do not party on friday nights or what not as they have kids). but as of right now, I personally could only raid with them every other friday as i work the other fridays, so it would not be fair for me to take someone elses spot that can be there every friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Na, those are silly reasons for removing LFR. Personally, I like learning fights in LFR before I jump into regs.
    This Is what I did, until they started gating the LFR. I liked this a lot better than watching videos of other people playing.

LFR already basically accomplishes the same thing. I just think they need to adjust it. There should never be a difficulty mode so easy that you can have the whole raid completely ignore every single mechanic and still win easily. That goes for both this and normal mode dungeons.

I'd say the easiest difficulty level (of both dungeons and raids) should be "if we wing it and just improvise based on what the boss is telegraphing we'll probably be fine but we might need to crack open the dungeon journal from time to time when that's not enough and we wipe. There still shouldn't be any that require such in-depth collaboration as to require voice chat tools."
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-01-16 at 03:53 AM.

People talk and complain about how "toxic" the social aspect of LFR is, and list it as a reason for it to be done away with...I personally find trade chat to be a million times more toxic than someone complaining about your dps. So with the OP's logic, trade chat should be taken away and replaced with something.

I also find it funny that people complain so much about how this game lacks social aspects now and is basically a solo game, yet are quite vocal on getting rid of lfr...one of the biggest group things people do in the game. But of course "it's not fair that people I don't know and have zero impact on me get easy loot in lfr, since I have to work hard to get better loot in actual raids" somehow makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    This might be the worst grasping at straws reason for why LFR is supposedly bad I have ever seen. Thank you for this!

I like the story-mode idea, especially because it can hive you a chance to practice bosses solo which you are struggling with in guild raids.
    "For years now I've found it to be a such a strange honor to be followed around the internet by expert interpreters, who take plain words in English and replace them with other, more loaded words in English." - Posted by Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    LFR should be replaced with a 'Story Mode', a weekly piece of solo content that groups you up with four NPCs present for the raid. (Could be Velen, Illidan, Khadgar and Alleria for Antorus, the Burning Throne, for example.) This could utilize Blizzard's new intelligent AI they mentioned when talking about the islands feature, NPC's who can deal with all of the mechanics properly, giving the player leeway to solely determine their success in the raid. It also provides unhindered, smooth access to the story content, and could link the story into the world better through quests, and permit players to experience this content in a timely fashion.
    I would go a step further and have the NPCs who actually matter to the story do relevant shit during boss fights, besides even just tank, dps or doing mechanics. As if the fight was intended to be done with them for all lore purposes. You don't need an AI for that, just a decent script.

The fact that they just stand around while we kill stuff for them makes no sense plot-wise. So a story mode should incorporate that

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I agree with most of your post, but kicking people who die to mechanics is as stupid an idea as the OP's 'derp story mode' nonsense. Learning a new fight but died a few times? Kicked. Did you lag, or soak a mechanic only to not get healed in time? Kicked.

There is nothing challenging enough in LFR to warrant that kind of punitive nonsense.
    It seems I did not emphasize enough on the "repeatedly". Being kicked for failing is not something that would happen fast. It is not meant to punish someone who stood in the fire a few seconds too long. It would be intended to sort out people who do not move out of stuff constantly (=intentional dying) since that is just another method to do lfr without actually doing something.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    People talk and complain about how "toxic" the social aspect of LFR is, and list it as a reason for it to be done away with...I personally find trade chat to be a million times more toxic than someone complaining about your dps. So with the OP's logic, trade chat should be taken away and replaced with something.

I also find it funny that people complain so much about how this game lacks social aspects now and is basically a solo game, yet are quite vocal on getting rid of lfr...one of the biggest group things people do in the game. But of course "it's not fair that people I don't know and have zero impact on me get easy loot in lfr, since I have to work hard to get better loot in actual raids" somehow makes sense.

This might be the worst grasping at straws reason for why LFR is supposedly bad I have ever seen. Thank you for this!
    Id be interested why you consider this logic to be wrong. It simply wouldn't make sense to have any content leading up to LFR so difficult that the very player its aimed at wont get there. It is pitched at the level of player Blizzard knows will use it - it has to be.
    the problem is not in the game, the problem is within you. Your standards are too high.
    Complete delusion...

Bloodsail Admiral
    To the 45 people who voted for removal: LFR will never, ever be removed

LFR *IS* Story Mode.

its not the Story Mode you're looking at, but its pretty much the same idea. A way for "Casuals" to see the content and the storyline.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

3DS FC 0920-0769-4582 Trainer: Y: SinR, OR: May. Safari: Wartortle/Octillery/Frogadier

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I had BfA Alpha. Now I has BfA Beta. Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I have to disagree. I fail to see how LFR has anything to do with the game world. Levelling has never been hard or dangerous. Less efficient maybe but that is hardly considered to be dangerous.

As I recall, raids are designed around the old normal, or heroic difficulty and scaled up and down accordingly. Blizzard may be changed this but then I do not work there.
    Leveling was hard enough for Blizzard to consider it too hard and nerfed it. You simply cant have a difficult leveling experience - how can you have the journey harder than the final end game raid?
    Complete delusion...

Great post OP, Story Mode would be delightful. LFR as it is needs to go. It just isn't fun for anybody.