Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Allied Races - What Could Have Been

They simply announced the wrong races. Here, I'll fix it.

Alliance: High Elves, Wildhammer Dwarves.
    Horde: Zandalari Trolls, Man'ari Eredar.
    Neutral: Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren.

The Sunwell is destroyed. The orcs make nice with a group of eredar (They know what it's like to be rejected by the legion and then other mortal races) who use their knowledge of the Fel to restore the Sunwell with the souls of the leftover Legion-loyal demons. It now glows green. This pisses off Lady Liadrin, who shuns the fel, and takes a bunch of other unhappy self-righteous light-crazed Blood Elves and brings them to the Alliance, where they find refuge in Dalaran, Suramar, and the Vindicaar.

New customization options: Lightforged stuff for draenei and High Elves. Fel customization for Blood Elves and Man'ari. Tauren, Trolls, Dwarves, and Night Elves all get new customizations of their own, to reinforce their own race's fantasies against the newcomers.

Class combinations: Nightborne druids are a thing, because some of them allied with the Night Elves, which plays nicely into the neutral Night Elf and Tauren "subraces". Wildhammer Druids even out Zandalari Paladins *and* Horde Druids; both Zandalari and Wildhammer can be any class except Demon Hunter, and maybe Warlock. High Elves can't be Demon Hunters, Death Knights, or Warlocks, but the rest of their classes mirror their Blood Elven counterparts. Man'ari lose Death Knights, Paladins, and Shaman, gain Warlocks. Maybe they could work in Man'ari and High Elf Death Knights, but they'd need to lack the fel-corrupted and lightforged customization options.

I like symmetry, mmkay
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2018-01-12 at 03:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, another thread on this very topic.

Alliance: High elves -- They're called Blood Elves and they're already on Horde. As much as you dislike this fact, it's immutable.

Horde: Man'ari Eredar -- There is no chance, whatso ever, that the Man'ari would be allowed in any civilized faction on Azeroth save for leadership for whatever demon cults linger. I'm loathe to say this, but the idea is -really- dumb. Sorry.

Neutral: There are reasons behind why these two factions joined the Horde, legitimate reasons that make sense to everyone save for the most zealous alliance player who can't stomach playing horde for whatever reason. Tyrande showed her ass and Malfurion's useless in trying to rein her in, which the Nightborne leadership saw first hand in the Nightwell story arc. Tauren are Tauren, and aside from the Yaungol/Blood Totem, they've always shown familial ties to one another.

I really wish these sort of threads would stop popping up for the sake of buffering post counts.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Alliance: High elves -- They're called Blood Elves and they're already on Horde.
    Right, for now. I'm suggesting a plotline involving a corruption of the Sunwell to such an extend that it makes the blood elves *more* "blood", giving them more fel-related customization options in a similar way that Lightforged customization should be allowed for Draenei (and High Elves, who shun the embrace of demon magic in Silvermoon)

Horde: Man'ari Eredar -- There is no chance, whatso ever, that the Man'ari would be allowed in any civilized faction on Azeroth save for leadership for whatever demon cults linger. I'm loathe to say this, but the idea is -really- dumb. Sorry.
    There were man'ari that didn't want to be part of the legion. They were captured, tortured, and forced to fight for them. They should have played a role in the Argus campaign, similar to the way the Lightforged did. Less stuff involving Alleria's interaction with the void, and more with a factions of Man'ari splintering off to assist the Army of the Light.

Deleted

Alliance: High elves -- They're called Blood Elves and they're already on Horde. As much as you dislike this fact, it's immutable.

Neutral: There are reasons behind why these two factions joined the Horde, legitimate reasons that make sense to everyone save for the most zealous alliance player who can't stomach playing horde for whatever reason. Tyrande showed her ass and Malfurion's useless in trying to rein her in, which the Nightborne leadership saw first hand in the Nightwell story arc. Tauren are Tauren, and aside from the Yaungol/Blood Totem, they've always shown familial ties to one another.

I really wish these sort of threads would stop popping up for the sake of buffering post counts.
    Oh please, like blizzard actually cares about lore-explanation. If they wanted man'ari there would be playable man'ari. They just dont want them.

Sorry bud. Us Tauren don't want to follow some boy king and his pet dog.
    I click my spellbook.
    ---BfA Alpha Club---

I can't imagine Alliance Tauren. It just wouldn't make sense. Tauren, of whatever kind, are as Horde as it gets.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

I'm way happier with the announced races than your options, thanks. Taurens for Alliance, HAHAHA!

Also: The 6 announced, won't be the last.

OP forget it, you arent getting highelves, you got void elves instead, stop crying

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    OP forget it, you arent getting highelves, you got void elves instead, stop crying
    I'd be more excited about distancing Blood Elves from the fairy crap, thanks. I want Felblood elves!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'd like Wildhammer dwarves they wouldn't work because visually they're not that distinct from regular dwarves. Sure they have the tattoos and all that but the majority will be covered in armor so whats left is the face tats which really can just be an option added to regular dwarves already (and should). Dark Iron are visually distinct with their charcoal skin, orange eyes and flaming beards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Taurens for Alliance, HAHAHA!
    Originally Night Elves and Tauren were the only playable Druid race, they played nicer than any other Horde and Alliance races have.

"Night Elves for Horde, HAHAHAHA!" - You say as Horde literally gets the night elf subrace

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Originally Night Elves and Tauren were the only playable Druid race, they played nicer than any other Horde and Alliance races have.

"Night Elves for Horde, HAHAHAHA!" - You say as Horde literally gets the night elf subrace
    ... I didn't say "Night Elves for Horde, HAHAHA!", I said "Tauren for Alliance, HAHAHA". Elves for the Horde is not nearly as ludacris as the thought of Alliance having Highmountain Taurens join them over the Horde Taurens.

The Nightborne Elves have more in common with our High Elves (Blood Elves) than they do with the Night Elves to boot.

15+ Year Old Account
    They aren't even done with Allied Races, not sure why everyone is worked up. These are just the beginning ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    They aren't even done with Allied Races, not sure why everyone is worked up. These are just the beginning ones.
    That's like talking about excitement for Demon Hunters while we're still in Mists of Pandaria. They're not going to add more races in this expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's like talking about excitement for Demon Hunters while we're still in Mists of Pandaria. They're not going to add more races in this expansion.
    It also feels like it is too late to ask for them to change which race they are about to add, since that would take too much work.

death to the high elves.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I think you meant to say: Man'ari eredar -- They're called draenei and they are already on Alliance.

Just to stay consistent with your thought about high elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take Undead Human models for the Horde. (like Nathanos Blightcaller)

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Right, for now. I'm suggesting a plotline involving a corruption of the Sunwell to such an extend that it makes the blood elves *more* "blood", giving them more fel-related customization options in a similar way that Lightforged customization should be allowed for Draenei (and High Elves, who shun the embrace of demon magic in Silvermoon)
    That's called the Demon Hunter class, a Fel themed Blood-Elf only option for Horde.

Sunwell isn't gonna get corrupted again, Void elves already will try something with the Sunwell, and there's no need to Tap into Fel magic again either, especially after the Nightborne share their knowledge.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-13 at 03:54 AM.

Would of loved to have the Broken Draenei or Argus-Broken Draenei as an Allied Race. Makes sense, since there already is some Broken around the Exodar and we team up with some of them on Argus. And at least they have somewhat of a different model to regular Draenei...

unlike the Lightforged Draenei...which are basicly the same exact model of Draenei, except with a few small extra horns and othe minor changes.
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2018-01-13 at 04:07 AM.