Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you think Monk should recieve a 4th spec that's for Range DPS?

having energy blasts smiliar to Dragon ball, it would be an interesting take on the Monk spec.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a bit dumb, but I want it. then again, blizz doesn't seem to want to actually do anything with monks beyond "lolz they's drunks and pandas!".

and of course if they do, the big dps CD would have to involve a speaker blowing scream that lasts for the entire duration.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Not until shaman gets a tank spec and rogue gets a tank or heal spec.

It could work within lore akin to OG dragonball. Bringing back spinning fire blossom as a chi generator (Or spender) and actually making use of crackling jade lighting. Maybe it could also incorperate mist weaving to replicate replacement jutsu or something?

The main problem with the whole 4th spec thing is, how would you handle leveling through legion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Deleted
    What for? It's a class that's entirely melee, hand-to-hand combat fantasy, even in healing spec. It's probably the one that you'd think needs 4th spec the last out of all hybrids.

We don't need a carbon copy of druids.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd like it, I don't think the game needs any more new classes, but new specs? That would be really good. Tank Shaman/Warlocks, Healing Mages (Time Magic!), Ranged DPS Monks/Paladins, S&B Warrior DPS, those could all be really fun.

Deleted
    Since Monks representing the ways of the Celestials we should already have a 4th specc, the way of the Serpent.

I would rather they made the dps and tank spec fun again by reverting back to the way they were in MOP.

The game needs more classes that can be ranged specs.

9 classes can do melee dps.
    Only 6 can be ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    having energy blasts smiliar to Dragon ball, it would be an interesting take on the Monk spec.
    I'd love a monk spec that primarily does damage with Jade Lightning-type spells. You could yell 'UNLIMITED.... POWAHH!!!!!' while you fried stuff.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Actually I would like it and also fits the asian monk archetype.
    But I'm too old to know anything about dragonball, I rather think of

Monks should have been implemented with four specs because of their own lore. WW = tiger, BM = ox, MW = cloudserpent, ?? = crane. Instead, Blizz has just baked parts of each of the celestials into every spec.

With how far removed we are from MoP lore now and the missed opportunity with the massive revamps prior to Legion, I doubt we will ever see this done.

Monk should have a ranged spec based around Crackling Jade Lightning and dots. Jade Whirlwind would be the aoe. Using jadefire spells to burn their enemy, building up Chi, then unleashing it all in a powerful CJL.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

nope. A pew pew spec and paired with Kung Fu/ drunken dude feels weird

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a Monk Ranged Spec that was Targeted attacks rather than click and fire. Like Chi Burst, you actually have to aim your Character correctly to hit things as opposed to say Frostbolt which you just choose a target and cast.

That and I'd love to get my Kamehameha on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zerzuru View Post
    nope. A pew pew spec and paired with Kung Fu/ drunken dude feels weird
    Have you never watched DragonBall Z?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd love a monk spec that primarily does damage with Jade Lightning-type spells. You could yell 'UNLIMITED.... POWAHH!!!!!' while you fried stuff.
    play an Ele Shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Since Monks representing the ways of the Celestials we should already have a 4th specc, the way of the Serpent.
    The way of Shenlong ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    As though closing the gap on a monk isn't bad enough as is, let's make it even harder by allowing them to use powerful ranged attacks. I think it would be pretty interesting, but they would need to make some serious changes to their mobility.

Deleted
    Yes please, I wanted this ever since monks were introduced.

No. If they're going to add another 4th spec it should be for a class that the majority of people actually like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Monks should have been implemented with four specs because of their own lore. WW = tiger, BM = ox, MW = cloudserpent, ?? = crane. Instead, Blizz has just baked parts of each of the celestials into every spec.

With how far removed we are from MoP lore now and the missed opportunity with the massive revamps prior to Legion, I doubt we will ever see this done.
    Actually MW= jade serpent + crane. During alpha MW had spells based on Crane like red feather whirlwind but looked really strange so they changed it to jade serpent based spells. Crane is the celestial of healing/ hope.