Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Ryu is a monk? No.
    Goku is a monk? No.

In China, monks are mostly Buddhist. The monks that westerners like are the "combat monk" that train physically. Monk that don't train physically are also "monk".
    In the west, monks are robe wearing scribes that like children in magical ways? That I don't know.

Ryu is a fantastical character, more "(street) fighter" than monk.

Goku is also a fantastical character borrowed by Old China myth under the same (original) name. Original "Goku" were a mythical creature in Chinese lore, definitely not a monk.
    Didn't Blizzard say that some of the WW Monk mechanics and spells are based on those from street fighter? And so what if these characters are not monks, it's a fantasy game, with just a little imagination anything is possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JaoStar View Post
    That’s a television show where rules of RPG Don’t apply. In any Dungion and Dragon based RPG monks never are ranged based protégés.
    Sun Soul Monk

wasn't archery a speciality of monks, too? we could use another Bow using ranged spec!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the only class that needs another spec is the DH right now. They need a 3rd spec like the others.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

No I think they should let WW use staff again and add staff animations for WW.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Since Monks representing the ways of the Celestials we should already have a 4th specc, the way of the Serpent.
    Mistweaver is a mix of the Jade Serpent and Red Crane, so you kinda already have that.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s a television show where rules of RPG Don’t apply. In any Dungion and Dragon based RPG monks never are ranged based protégés.
    Not true. Zen Archers have been part of D&D since the early 90's.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'd welcome a 4th spec for every class, not just Monks.

Having a ranged and melee spec on one class tends to make the melee seem less favourable, at least going by the other classes.

Druid => Feral is generally seen as inferior to Balance.
    Hunter => I doubt that anyone would claim SV is on the same level as MM / BM, it hardly sees any use.
    Shaman => Enhance and Elemental might be on even grounds in raids, but in PvP and M+ Elemental dominates over Enhance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Having a ranged and melee spec on one class tends to make the melee seem less favourable, at least going by the other classes.

Druid => Feral is generally seen as inferior to Balance.
    Hunter => I doubt that anyone would claim SV is on the same level as MM / BM, it hardly sees any use.
    Shaman => Enhance and Elemental might be on even grounds in raids, but in PvP and M+ Elemental dominates over Enhance.
    Can't argue there.

Having been a Paladin for 10 years, I decided to roll ranged for BFA. Narrowed it down to a Mage or Balance Druid, but was spending most of my time on the Druid as Feral/Guardian.

Of course, this is more apparent as a solo player. From my raiding days I remember it being the opposite, Hybrids often ended up Tanking/Healing/Ranged over their Melee DPS specs. Course it's been years since I've raided progression.

Hmmm I see it more "chi manipulatin2 (chi benders?) or even shouting mantras
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    I'd welcome a 4th spec for every class, not just Monks.
    not happening anytime in the near future. likely never. hell, new classes get 2 specs as it is. druids are an anomaly, not something they are working towards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Ryu is a monk? No.
    Goku is a monk? No.

In China, monks are mostly Buddhist. The monks that westerners like are the "combat monk" that train physically. Monk that don't train physically are also "monk".
    In the west, monks are robe wearing scribes that like children in magical ways? That I don't know.

Ryu is a fantastical character, more "(street) fighter" than monk.

Goku is also a fantastical character borrowed by Old China myth under the same (original) name. Original "Goku" were a mythical creature in Chinese lore, definitely not a monk.
    Have you heard of the Shaolin Monks in China? They developed and still practice Shaolin Kungfu as part of their spiritual training and upbringing.

Having a ranged chi-based caster is not too farfetched. That fantasy exists in a lot of Eastern mythologies and current Eastern-based fantasy stories.

I've been wanting a bow wielding monk for a long time. It would be really cool to shoot green smoke and lightning arrows and if the spec is done right, I would switch from my hunter. Fast paced shooting, similar flow to WW.

Building up chi for a huge shot would be so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    Have you heard of the Shaolin Monks in China? They developed and still practice Shaolin Kungfu as part of their spiritual training and upbringing.

Having a ranged chi-based caster is not too farfetched. That fantasy exists in a lot of Eastern mythologies and current Eastern-based fantasy stories.
    The Shaolind monk as per :

1) currently : they are just for show
    2) in Chinese fantasy : Shaolin Kungf monk are both scholar and physical trainer. They physically train NOT to fight tho, just to get fit. They defintely value their mental part tho as their ascendancy count on it.
    3) the original Shaolin people? Mostly doesn't even exist.

Nope.

/10chars

it could be interesting to see but not entirely sure how it could be executed without being similar to elemental shaman spec

Deleted
    I think not. Monks already have melee, tank and healing specs, that is fine. Not to say your idea sounds bad, I just don't think there's point to having all specs. Druids currently have all specs because they were performing both tanking and melee dps in the same spec before.

Give Outlaw pistols and make it an energy / combo point focused ranged class, imo. Still fits the theme, and it adds variety to a class with three melee DPS specs. I'd rather see this than a ranged Monk.

That said, I'm all in for a ranged Monk spec, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zen Archer would like to have a word with you.
    Also it's Dungeon, not Dungion.

Y not just add energy blast talent choices to ww, that would be more dragon ball like. Chi wave and chi blast r already ranged and have meh animations. There is really nothing exciting about them, chi wave is really only picked b/c it smooths out the rotation. I don't think anyways is excited about the ability. And they could add a kamahamaha style finisher to the 100 row to replace chi orbit or the new passive in bfa, b/c u know. Passives in ur final tier r so exciting.