Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzlestat View Post
    Never. There are enough pet classes already. If you want a permanent elemental pet, play frost mage.
    Funnily enough, half the pet specs that can get rid of their pets do so for the better part of the xpac (frost mages and mm hunters) and the go-for pet for warlocks doesn't require any kind of management.

I wish no classes had pets. The way it's handled in WoW is terrible, always has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The AR- 14 or 15 is a good home defense weapon.

Pets work poorly in WoW and I'd rather not have more classes held down by this system. I guess you could say - Well fix the pets. Thing is, Blizzard has worked on that since vanilla and it's still not working well.

No thanks.

It would be named Watson, so when someone asked what that was, we could say "Watson, my dear elemental."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome." -- Samuel Johnson

pet-less frost mage are 100% better class so f# pets.

I think we have enough perma-pet classes and specs as it is. What's next? Giving Brewmaster monks their own "alemental"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You're claiming-- as fact, mind you-- that one of the main concerns Blizzard has when designing NPCs is "how would a class based on this NPC play like?".
    An NPC that could be a potential class. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I think we have enough perma-pet classes and specs as it is. What's next? Giving Brewmaster monks their own "alemental"?
    You get a pet! Everyone gets a pet with their 4th spec!

If only to make it obvious how terrible Pets work as it is.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    god. yes. please.
    instead of the ox statue, make it happen!

but just as a reskin/animation.
    you are right, more pets don't make that much sense..

Damn, the Dead Sea could learn a thing or two on how to be salty from this thread.
    If you want to find out who rules you, find out whose opinions you're not allowed to disagree with without being punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't want permanent pets on my shaman.
    Then don't pick the talent tree that makes your elementals a permanent pet.

I kinda like having a temporary pet to summon, but not permanent. Fuck to the no to that. Besides, there's already many classes that have that.