Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    Which is weird, I'm a shaman capable of mastering elemental magic and yet I can only have a temporary elemental pet? and yet the mage is allowed to have an elemental pet.
    Shamans summon actual elementals; creatures born of the element that takes significant power and force of will to bind to your will in the same way as a warlock enslaving their demons, or significant work and sacrifice to gain blessing and allegiance from, depending on your race.

Mages take a lump of [insert element here], stick it together with arcane energy, and put a crude brain inside.

Comparing Shaman Elementals to Mage Elementals is like comparing a human being to Frankenstein's monster.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Shamans summon actual elementals; creatures born of the element that takes significant power and force of will to bind to your will in the same way as a warlock enslaving their demons, or significant work and sacrifice to gain blessing and allegiance from, depending on your race.

Mages take a lump of [insert element here], stick it together with arcane energy, and put a crude brain inside.

Comparing Shaman Elementals to Mage Elementals is like comparing a human being to Frankenstein's monster.
    Fair enough, I understand though I still wish for a permanent elemental pet as an optional talent in the talent tree.

I wouldn't say no, but then again I love pets.

We have ranged with melee pets, melee with melee pets. ranged with ranged pet, and I wouldn't mind seeing enhancement with a ranged pet a.k.a. a air elemental. But odds are will never happen.
    It's like Blizzard telling me I can't have a steak because there aren't enough cows left, but then tell me I can have as many hamburgers as I could possibly eat. That is exactly their logic with Void Elves which literally leaves no excuse as to why there can't be High Elves.

https://youtu.be/C2Sr-sadSk4 - Check it out, it's enlightening.

Please no. If you want to be a pet class play a Hunter or a Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    Which is weird, I'm a shaman capable of mastering elemental magic and yet I can only have a temporary elemental pet? and yet the mage is allowed to have an elemental pet.
    The difference being that Shamasal make reciprocal pacts with the elements. A mage's elemental is just raw frost magic given life; it's not a water elemental, it's essentially a water golem.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Please no. If you want to be a pet class play a Hunter or a Lock.
    Elemental shaman isn't even a pet class to begin with, all i'm saying is make permanent elemental pets as an optional talent tree which you can completely ignore, while we already have this currently but the difference it's unfortunately a temporary pet instead of a temporary summoned follower.

I'd be fine if it was a talent, but baseline Hell No. I loath pets, they get in the way, they are almost always far too big, and are just a massive pain.