Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I like the idea of the original demons, demon races that were never mortals but originated within the Twisting Nether, having really strange life-cycles. I wrote up some for Pit Lords and Dreadlords just for fun. I imagined that the female Nathrezim are giant sentient demonic trees that produce bat-like infant demons by the hundreds, like fruit, who eventually cocoon themselves and morph into various adult forms. Dread Lords are the rarest variety that emerge from cocoons, while lesser forms of nathrezim like tothrezim are more common.

Demons like felhounds have weird cycles already, where felhounds feed on magic until they split into more hounds (as described in the War of the Ancients book), so other demon races should get weird too.
    Similar to those annoying bats in Diablo. I like it

Are those Jaina jokes never going to die? Even the devs had to tell that she isn't a dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    was going to come in and say something similar. Blizzard often fails at development in surprising ways. Take for example other rpg based games, sometimes where less is more comes into play, you can introduce a species into the fold that is of one gender, but make it so it isn't an issue, like not drawing attention to it outside of being a threat. Blizzard did this a lot in the earlier games, but in order to flesh out thing as the warcraft universe went on, they started to develop races that were just lesser developed then major ones like orcs and humans.

Ogres are the best example of this, outside of a few stupid grunts, cho'gall was the only noteworthy one, and back then we could assume ogres just sent their males into battle because you know, that old clique. But then blizzard began to make ogres appear everywhere, all over the place. They joined up as allies to the horde even the modern horde and had settlements. But even though despite, this, it didn't cross blizzards mind to introduce females, or ogre children, instead just keep protraying them as oversized grunts.
    They even went as far to show a full society of them in warlords, having a raid from them, but even there, no females or children.

There really isn't an excuse at this stage, blizzard never implements them due to laziness, and now have dug themselves into a corner since without female or children, there isn't any substance for ogres outside of being just grunts, and you can't make a playable race without any substance. Even Suramar elves have more substance to them then ogres have had all these years.
    It's been one of the biggest things to bother me with this franchise for years now. The lack of doing it is one thing I hate, but that lack of doing it that then leads to no mention of the females or even female characters of the race existing in the lore just makes it hard to like the race. You can't really dive into the society of a race if you don't have the opposite sex to talk about, since they make up 50% of the population :/

We probably never know - their planet was destroyed by Illidari.

Female Dreadlords are going to be a cosmetic option for Warcraft 3 Reforged according to Nemo and Remodemo! Link.
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

it's probably gender exclusive, you know, like Shivarra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post
    Female Dreadlords are going to be a cosmetic option for Warcraft 3 Reforged according to Nemo and Remodemo! Link.
    Interesting, i also guess that you could say that the addition to Dreadlord Jaina skin shows how they could look (not saying that this personification of female Dreadlords is cannon or anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post
    That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Most humanoid races have females...

7+ Year Old Account
    someone finally asked the real question
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Of course there's female Dreadlords. Just look at Jaina and Sylvanas.

Eldrich creatures doesn't have genres
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself