Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

This New App Creates Legally Binding Contracts For Consensual Hook Ups

https://www.narcity.com/news/this-ne...fused-about-it

In the wake of consent becoming such a hot topic, and how volatile consent can become when people aren't properly educated on it, a start-up company has come out with what seems like an app that will solve everything.

The Dutch company released their new app "LegalFling," and the goal of it is to make consensual sex not just consensual, but legally consensual. The whole idea came about when the Swedish government decided that explicit consent was necessary before intercourse.

The way the app works is that you can request consent from any of your contacts on your phone. Not only can you request consent on the app, but you can also choose what you are down to do and what you aren't. Examples include approving of any kind of photos or video being taken, BDSM or even verifying that you don't have any STD's.The goal ultimately being to help make sure that sex is fun and safe.

So how is it all verified? The company actually uses the same method that current cryptocurrencies are using to verify transactions- the blockchain. If you don't know what the blockchain is, it's basically a record of everything (in the case of cryptocurrency) a single piece of cryptocurrency has been through, kind of like a never-ending receipt. So in the case of LegalFling, it's like a receipt of all the consent you've given or received.

Though the app is no joke, when you do give consent, it's a legally binding agreement. So the company tries to make it as clear as possible that you really want to be sure before you do click yes considering if you were to change your mind mid-way through, well, nobody has really gotten to that point yet. Many have noted that problems could arise say if one person signed off on the app and then changed their mind. At that point, if "LegalFling" became a legitimate piece of evidence in sexual assault cases, it could actually do the opposite of what its intentions were.

It should be noted though that LegalFling does have it embedded in the agreement that if someone changes their mind, then there is an exception and there is even a revoke consent option. Though if you don't actually physically revoke the consent on the app, we get right back into that subjective grey area that is haunting millions of sexual assault cases right now.

Though while there are pros and cons to the app, at least the company's heart is in the right place. The whole point is for people to gain explicit consent so that there are no mistakes, no regrets, and just a good time. If you are curious to check out their website, you can learn more by clicking here. Until then, we'll just have to wait and see what the future has in store for this app.
    https://www.narcity.com/news/this-ne...fused-about-it

Wow. This is where society is at in some places I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    A very sensible step. There is a (probable) life at stake and financial responsibility for 18 years. I can't see a big difference to car insurance.

I'd just right swipe everyone, technically giving consent to everyone, then spend my days trying to get through life while avoiding the rape bounty on my head.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see anything wrong with there being clarity and transparency in a relationship, even if that relationship is a one night fuck fest.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Aziz Ansari probably wishes he had this a few years ago.

Though I wonder how well this contract would stand up in court. What's to stop someone from claiming that they were under duress when they agreed, which is a nullifier for most contracts if proven.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Considering all the controversy going on at the moment about consent and the number of cases coming out about people being sexually assaulted, frankly as depressing as this is, it's actually a good idea and something people need. It protects both parties too so there'd be no more "I woke up the next day, regretted the night before and called rape" situations happening because while regretting sleeping with someone can be a big problem, it's very very different from rape. I know a lot of people in the legal profession who represent and hear cases like this all the time, it wastes police time, court time and more importantly makes legitimate rape victims be doubted. So even if it doesn't solve every problem surrounding consent, if it only solves that one I would call it a success.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Aziz Ansari probably wishes he had this a few years ago.

Though I wonder how well this contract would stand up in court. What's to stop someone from claiming that they were under duress when they agreed, which is a nullifier for most contracts if proven.
    It would also be invalid in most cases if either party was intoxicated, which would cover (I would say) most cases where this would even need to be applicable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it came down to it I somewhat doubt that they'd take an app signature as proof in court.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If it came down to it I somewhat doubt that they'd take an app signature as proof in court.
    "But Your Honor, they tapped! Tapped AND swiped!"

Not sure something like this would work out, due to the many issues of just having it be on your phone alone. I think it does show a symptom of the problem with legal consent being a really washy area that's hard to prove in court.

Reminds me of a B-movie from the 80s called Cherry 2000 that I channel surfed through a long time ago.

There is a scene in a bar where a Lawyer is between a man and a woman writing up a standard contract for an encounter. The woman calls off the encounter with "I'm not signing anything until my lawyer looks at it!"
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally an app for incels to live out their fantasies

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dave Chappelle was a prophet, not a comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Consent is revoked the second you say it is, not when a blockchain is updated. Seems like a recipe for disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Finally an app for incels to live out their fantasies
    Finally, almost a full page of comments before finding someone else on the same page.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I'd just right swipe everyone, technically giving consent to everyone, then spend my days trying to get through life while avoiding the rape bounty on my head.
    laughed harder at this than I should have

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Consent is revoked the second you say it is, not when a blockchain is updated. Seems like a recipe for disaster.
    But only when it's clearly said and defined, not thought of and assumed.

A recipe for disaster is giving legal precedent to a verbal contract, especially in regards to sexual relations.

Buy hey, I also firmly believe that prostitution should be legal and the idealism of sex needs to fundamentally change in the United States. *shrugs*
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    laughed harder at this than I should have
    So did I lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    But only when it's clearly said and defined, not thought of and assumed.

A recipe for disaster is giving legal precedent to a verbal contract, especially in regards to sexual relations.

Buy hey, I also firmly believe that prostitution should be legal and the idealism of sex needs to fundamentally change in the United States. *shrugs*
    Consent isn't a contract. You aren't locked in once it's given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the problem? Someone got smart and created a quick and easy way for people to protect themselves with a contract if they wish to do so.

I mean, yay capitalism?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.