10+ Year Old Account

Shado-Pan Showdown - Worst Brawl?

It sure feels that way. Lost this one 8 times in a row on my Rogue, and my god the simplicity
    of this Brawl is lost on a lot of people I've played with.

The long que times (if you're a dps) are equally as infuriating. At least 30-40min+ just to get
    into a game. God help you if you don't win it (like me), cause man, its going to be a loooooong
    grind until you get it.

Not that most of the Brawls are good in design to begin with, but fuck, seems like this one is
    just the worst.

Why are the queue times so long for this one? showed almost an hour for me and I need to get my quest done for the week

Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    Why are the queue times so long for this one? showed almost an hour for me and I need to get my quest done for the week
    Because it needs a tank, healer and 3 dps on each side but doesn't say anywhere that tank is required. So people queue as dps and healer, then wait an hour for a tank to queue.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Because it needs a tank, healer and 3 dps on each side but doesn't say anywhere that tank is required. So people queue as dps and healer, then wait an hour for a tank to queue.
    Wow I didn't realize that since I've only done it once- thank you!

its a perfectly well designed brawl, with objective and strategy involved. It also requires a tank and a healer on each side which fucks up queue times, but since every toon I have can heal or tank, I got in pretty quickly.

Deleted
    Lost 1 and won the second time.
    No idea what to do.
    Asked in group what to do, the first group didnt say anything at all. The second group only said kill their healer. So i went healer and after that just nuke any random target. Really bad brawl. Warsong with 3 flags is a million times better.

You don't need a tank but matching system is crap .. As DPS I tanked boss several times .. Just use brain and avoid big hits .. You can even kite it if you have taunt as DPS.

I bet its fail design trying to make it appear as if tanks play the game ..

I actually really like this brawl. The only "problem" with it is their is so many different strategies involved and most people are que-ing alone. Since there's so many ways to go about winning, either zerging your boss down first, or trying to stall the other team, kill their healer, etc... most random groups don't have the coordination to run it successfully. Also, Blizzard did a POOR job of explaining how the entire brawl works so people wait an hour in que and then go in lost.

Deleted
    It's not even that it can't be fun but if people don't know what to do... it's simply not fun.

Plus, it gives VERY little honor reward compared to the other Brawls.

This should be a BG instead of a brawl. PvEvP content is great.

But they have to get rid of the tank requirement. The bosses should just use AoE abilities that players inside the arena have to dodge while killing/disrupting the enemy fight.

5+ Year Old Account
    I actually rather enjoyed it. Granted I went in as tank as part of a casual guild group, we did about ten matches, winning I think seven or eight. I liked having to fight for the right to kill an NPC, but then again we were communicating, so maybe this isn't a pug friendly brawl.

I didn’t like it due to the lack of honor compared to the others.

This was my first ever brawl since I resubbed for the first time in a couple years, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish it was permanent. That said, it does feel biased towards AoE classes. I played as a Frost Mage and spammed AoEs in the middle to attack both my boss and the enemy team, so perhaps that's why I won.

I heard the Arathi Basin one was great, and I eagerly look forward to that.