Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepfreeze View Post
    Think of it as a fishing net. The smaler the holes the the more fish it catches. Right now I am to small of a fish for them to catch because the 1 month payment for a day played is to much.
    thats not how flatrates work.
    and if that is truely your rl situation you should get that under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Do not change anything that is not broken.
    And that is entirely YOUR opinion, not a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Not really, I've played for a day before and then decided holy shit I've missed this game and bought a month instantly, and completely on the flip side I've logged in and thought what the hell is this and not played. I guess it depends on each person, but for me I can decide in a day.
    And this is the exact reason why I brought it up in the first place. It is a chance to see if I get addicted again, and will the next day buy a normal subscription. The reason I have always bought the 1 month sub is because I never know when I want a break, and if I have paid for 6 months and only play 2 of those it feels like wasted money.
    be aware, be awake, and you won't be fake

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    It is definitely needed regardless of if you have money for a sub or not.

You are literally paying for nothing or in my case 4 raid nights per month atm, the rest of the game dose not interest me, i refuse to grind their bullshit or level alts or play the AH to get the gold to buy a token that i STILL won't get the use out of.
    So don't play the game? I don't get a discounted rate because I didn't use the gym all 7 days this week. I didn't get a discounted price on the flour I bought when I only used a cup. You pay for the service or product and you use what you want. That's how it works.

half a euro, no blizzard aren't poor as fuck, most games won't sell you anything for half a fucking euro.

If they thought that was a more profitable option then it would already be a thing.
    Blizzard has people to calculate all this stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    The freeloader mentality of useless millenials is pathetic.
    in the next 10 to 20 years, hopefully they'll realise what a bunch of selfish so & so's they were growing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I can afford it, but the thought of having to pay that sum to only play a few hours is too much"

Most people likely don't come back if they really think they're just going to play a few hours. The problem is that once you go past about a week you might as well just fork over the full month fee. I'll use US pricing but same principle in the EU... a week is $15/4 or $3.75. If you're going to spend for 2 weeks you're at $7.50. If the extra $7.50 is material to you... but let's get serious. It's not.

The pother problem with the logic in that quote is this - you're paying for access, not hours played. You could play hours a day... or do one BG, logout for 30 minutes and never play again. But you get 24/7 access. What you do with that is up to you.

Not to be an ass but if a person can't afford $15 USD (or whatever it is overseas) then I'm of the opinion that that person shouldn't be playing video games.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

And that is entirely YOUR opinion, not a fact.
    So... your opinion is: something that works ok in this game (since almost 15 years now) has to be changed, right?
    I am pretty sure that they know what is best for their product and how to get money in the most profitable way.

7+ Year Old Account
    The 24 hour day pass is a cool idea, but it should be priced more like 2.99 euros, or $3.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nah, don't think this should be needed. You could always use gold for gametime, or request 3 days from a GM if you don't have the gold. Else, the subscription plan is fine.

And IF they added a day pass, it would most likely be 1 euro pr. day. Anything that is cut from a normal monthly to days tends to because much more expensive in the long run, thus give more benefits to sub monthly.
    I'd love a day pass. Cost isn't the issue- If I wanted to play I'd pay either gold or cash. But I don't. My guild holds parties and events and it would be nice to do them on something other than a level 20 character so I could get to them more easily and take part in our transmog contests and the other silly shit we do. I don't want to harass a GM for free time, and 30 days is out of the question when I'll spend no more than a few hours in game on one night. A $1/1 euro day pass would be ideal. It's reasonably priced for what I want which is a couple hours of silliness in game with no strings attached.

Then again I can see why they don't- they don't want people buying two days a week for their raids or once a week to farm old raids for mounts/transmog instead of subscribing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    I'd love a day pass. Cost isn't the issue- If I wanted to play I'd pay either gold or cash. But I don't. My guild holds parties and events and it would be nice to do them on something other than a level 20 character so I could get to them more easily and take part in our transmog contests and the other silly shit we do. I don't want to harass a GM for free time, and 30 days is out of the question when I'll spend no more than a few hours in game on one night. A $1/1 euro day pass would be ideal. It's reasonably priced for what I want which is a couple hours of silliness in game with no strings attached.

Then again I can see why they don't- they don't want people buying two days a week for their raids or once a week to farm old raids for mounts/transmog instead of subscribing.
    Good points and I think you're right about the last bit.

As well, I think there could be a hint of disruption from the playerbase if they now bought 16 days of game just to find out that they could've gotten a month, and would then still suing or filing complaints for it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Nah, get free game time anyway with gold, isn't needed or necessary.

Period.

Deleted
    Wow players in China pay for the hour for more than a decade now. Not really that stupid to want that possibility.

I had my last day being able to play the January 3rd. I do not miss playing either, yet.

We have 3 forms of subriction.

1 Month EUR 12.99/month equals EUR 0,433/day
    3 Months EUR 11.99/month equals EUR 0,399/day
    6 Months EUR 10.99/month equals EUR 0,366/day

There is an approximatley 8,5%-9% difference between each model of subscription.

If I one day, lets say 1 month from now wanted to try out a couple of bg's, I would have to fork over EUR 12,99 to do that.
    I can afford it, but the thought of having to pay that sum to only play a few hours is too much.

If they added a Day Pass for EUR 0,5 which is a 15,4% increase to the monthly one I would not hesitate to play.
    That way I would have a great opportunity to see if my interest in the game was back to pay for a normal subcription mode without feeling robbed if I didn't.

Blizzard has most probably already thought about this and checked if they would lose or gain EUR from this move. Do you think we should have a Day Pass option as well?
    Pretty sure China, has the pay per hour feature, where you pay for hours on your account and they get used that way.

aka if you dont log in, in three days you dont lose your hours.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Download blizzard app to your phone. Every day there are 2-3 gold missions which if u complete at 200% u will get easily 5k-7k per day. That will give u easily 200-230k per month without even have to play the game.

Buy the token for gold and if the token if somehow higher than this, i guess u can farm 10-30k the very few days u will play per month.

Gms are more than happy to provide 1-2 days free time especially if u tell them u forgot to buy game time especially on a saturday night or sundays.

You are welcome.
    This, totally worth doing the order halls

I'll never understand how people are completely fine paying $20ish dollars to watch a movie, but $15 a month to play a video game is too expensive.

Deleted
    People in this thread saying that you pay for server access is just not true.

You can play on ANY server for free.

What you are paying for is the full experience. I'm sure you guys are aware of that.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/3226

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I see the potential behind it. But it would be more like $1-2 for a day pass. Maybe they would do like, "3 day pass = $4" or something.

I REALLY do not see this every happening though. WoW's model is to keep you logging in every day/many times a month. Not a couple days.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

What difference does it make if they keep the current monthly subscription plan and also have a daily plan where people can pay so much for a day of game time?