Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Too many spoilers at mmo champion main page - Mods please hide them inside rollup

like this https://imgur.com/a/C4Prp
    can you add CSS code to hide each article div inside clickable rollup thanks
    Last edited by munchimunchi; 2018-01-14 at 05:47 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    so where is the bad spoiler on the pic? that the latest ptr patch is a release candidate? that our artfeacts are going to be instable?(not that we already knew since Legion Announcement that we gonna lose them towards the end) if u don't want spoiler don't visit mmo-c frontpage just bookmark the forum page .. gosh people these days

Snape kills Dumbledore

Seriously though, this whole site is one big spoiler, if you don't want to be spoiled, don't come here.

MMOC is cheap mans wowhead nowdays. But its no wonder really since most of the users here come only for the forums. The fight between SJW's and free speech right wing nationalists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Avoiding WoW spoilers is impossible, why even bother? Even Blizzard doesn't spare us spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    People these days will complain just about anything....

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.

On-topic: the OP isn't really a poster I take seriously given his post history.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Avoiding WoW spoilers is impossible, why even bother? Even Blizzard doesn't spare us spoilers.
    Give us one example of blizzard majorly spoiling us? They avoided talking about Sargeras faith whole blizzcon while still talking about what is about to come in next expansion. They are doing pretty good job at not spoiling people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Give us one example of blizzard majorly spoiling us? They avoided talking about Sargeras faith whole blizzcon while still talking about what is about to come in next expansion. They are doing pretty good job at not spoiling people.
    Blizzcon.

Immediately spoilers about BfA, namely that undercity is lost (We see that it'll be fought over but the outcome isn't shown in the cinematic, it'd be shown in game).

Also them saying Garrosh would be the final boss in the announcement of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Blizzcon.

Immediately spoilers about BfA, namely that undercity is lost (We see that it'll be fought over but the outcome isn't shown in the cinematic, it'd be shown in game).

Also them saying Garrosh would be the final boss in the announcement of MoP.
    Like I said major spoilers. The whole undercity and teldrassil thing is lead up to the expansion. I cant think of it as spoiler since we dont exactly know what is going to happen. Same thing with Garrosh. Everyone knew from the start that shit was going to hit the fan and MoP was just huge story showcasing how the shit hit the fan. You could say that the next expansion announcement told us that we defeat Sargeras but we still wouldn't have known how before it.

All these things are pretty different from the MMOC front page news which has just normal news stuff and then there is obvious datamined spoilers in the same article. Atleast wowhead has the decency the separate their news topics. But I get it, this site is run by advertise and all the genOT is pulling more interest here than actually mmo stuff.

You're literally on a news/datamining website and you don't want spoilers? Go elsewhere or bookmark straight to forums instead. The entire point of this website is essentially information ASAP, which means spoilers.

They told us we would go to Argus before 7.2 came out

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You're literally on a news/datamining website and you don't want spoilers? Go elsewhere or bookmark straight to forums instead. The entire point of this website is essentially information ASAP, which means spoilers.
    Or we come to this site for information about the game that the official website can't deliver. And there is a huge difference between information about new races models and story details. Anyway I agree with OP, mmo-c should be spoiler free and that is one of the main reasons I despise wowhead, they don't even try to keep out from spoiling story content.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Or we come to this site for information about the game that the official website can't deliver. And there is a huge difference between information about new races models and story details. Anyway I agree with OP, mmo-c should be spoiler free and that is one of the main reasons I despise wowhead, they don't even try to keep out from spoiling story content.
    Unfortunately for you, the website is about new info as fast as possible; new information sometimes contains spoilers, and you have a way to avoid that if you want, they aren't going to stop putting the new info that gets them clicks on the FP when you can just stay in your specific forums where info is also posted.

off-topic: Both Wowhead and MMO-C both post basically same thing at the same time when there's new info. Neither is better or worse for spoilers. Follow them both on twitter with notifications for a day or two, you'll see what I mean very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    off-topic: Both Wowhead and MMO-C both post basically same thing at the same time when there's new info. Neither is better or worse for spoilers. Follow them both on twitter with notifications for a day or two, you'll see what I mean very quickly.
    Actually no. Wowhead posts alot more detailed stuff compared to mmoc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    They told us we would go to Argus before 7.2 came out
    But that was hinted in the Guldan kill cinematic.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Actually no. Wowhead posts alot more detailed stuff compared to mmoc.

- - - Updated - - -

But that was hinted in the Guldan kill cinematic.
    Which was also before 7.2 came out

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

You can just add https://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php to your bookmarks instead of the main page and avoid all of the news, that will obviously contain spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, your on mmo-champ but don't want spoilers???

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Which was also before 7.2 came out
    So you are saying blizzard spoiled Argus by implementing hints in the game cinematic about possible zone?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So you are saying blizzard spoiled Argus by implementing hints in the game cinematic about possible zone?
    Mindblowing

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann