Thread: instalocking

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

instalocking

is there a key that i could press on the keyboard instead of mousing over SELECT so i can instalock genji even faster ? i got SSD but it would make it easier
    enter doesnt seem to work

thanks in advance
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah

be like "give me genji or im throwing" and then play battle mercy when no one gives you genji

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Not sure if you considered macros, but try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Yes, take their advice, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    is there a key that i could press on the keyboard instead of mousing over SELECT so i can instalock genji even faster ? i got SSD but it would make it easier
    enter doesnt seem to work

thanks in advance
    No offence, but you should not play this game.

Overwatch is not a game where you chose a main and stick with it. You should know as many heroes as possible, and at least be equally good with 1 hero from each category (excluding defence maybe).

To insta pick Genji would ruin for your team in many scenarios.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Not sure there is a way since selecting a hero requires a mouse click as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Overwatch is not a game where you chose a main and stick with it. You should know as many heroes as possible, and at least be equally good with 1 hero from each category (excluding defence maybe).

These kinda games will never be played by the majority to actually try and win.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted

I'm pretty sure people can do what they want. What you think people should/shouldn't do doesn't matter.

OT: Pretty sure there's no way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    I'm pretty sure people can do what they want. What you think people should/shouldn't do doesn't matter.

It is a good thing true one tricks are all in the trash elos because this game has hard counters in it.

Alt+F4 is the key combination to use

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    It is a good thing true one tricks are all in the trash elos because this game has hard counters in it.
    All OTPs are low rated? Are you sure about that? Lol.

All OTPs are low rated? Are you sure about that? Lol.
    I'm sure you can find an exception in some Widowmaker god player, but as a general rule yes.

Deleted
    I'm sure you can find an exception in some Widowmaker god player, but as a general rule yes.
    I'm gonna go ahead and tell you you're wrong.

I'm gonna go ahead and tell you you're wrong.
    I'd like to see the proof.

Deleted
    I'd like to see the proof.
    Where is your proof that they are in trash ratings? Logic dictates OTPs have the same SR distribution as any other average player. Some good, some bad, most average.

Where is your proof that they are in trash ratings? Logic dictates OTPs have the same SR distribution as any other average player. Some good, some bad, most average.
    I see no one tricks in high masters. Ever. The closest you get to it is people who won't do a specific role,

P1 Zen Main, Mercy, Ana, Moira
    P2 Genji Main, Ana, Dva
    P3 Winston Main, Genji, Tracer, Mercy
    P4 Tracer Main, Soldier/Reaper/Hanzo
    P5 Genji Main, Soldier/Roadhog
    P6 Mercy Main, Zen/Rein

In terms of time played and good performance you usually see something like this. I have seen people highly resistant to swapping and only swap when it is maybe too late, but OTP? No.

Also when you say "logic dictates" and claim that it is evidence you look like a buffoon. Especially in a context like this one, a game with hard counters.

Deleted
    I see no one tricks in high masters. Ever. The closest you get to it is people who won't do a specific role,

P1 Zen Main, Mercy, Ana, Moira
    P2 Genji Main, Ana, Dva
    P3 Winston Main, Genji, Tracer, Mercy
    P4 Tracer Main, Soldier/Reaper/Hanzo
    P5 Genji Main, Soldier/Roadhog
    P6 Mercy Main, Zen/Rein

In terms of time played and good performance you usually see something like this. I have seen people highly resistant to swapping and only swap when it is maybe too late, but OTP? No.
    That's some good anecdotal evidence you have there.

That's some good anecdotal evidence you have there.
    My experience and observation of Overwatch professional play(that anyone can do) trumps your assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, of course. But there is a difference between what you CAN do and what you SHOULD do.

People who stick with 1 hero, regardless of anything, ruin the game experience. This game is MEANT to be played around swapping heroes to counter the other team. Paladins is the opposite, where you can't change hero and you instead "specc" it so to speak.

You CAN play Overwatch how you like but from an objective perspective, it's WRONG as, like I said, and like Blizzard said themselves, this game is based around swapping heroes to counter the other team.

And I think the "this is my main" players is a cancer to this game, and the reason for 90% of all toxicity, as they are so stubborn and stupid and won't change even when they get super countered.

They rather lose with their mains than win by swapping, and words can't describe my hatred for this.
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    My experience and observation of Overwatch professional play(that anyone can do) trumps your assumptions.
    We're talking ladder, not professional. Also, no it doesn't, your 'experience' means nothing to anyone who isn't you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, of course. But there is a difference between what you CAN do and what you SHOULD do.

People who stick with 1 hero, regardless of anything, ruin the game experience. This game is MEANT to be played around swapping heroes to counter the other team. Paladins is the opposite, where you can't change hero and you instead "specc" it so to speak.

You CAN play Overwatch how you like but from an objective perspective, it's WRONG as, like I said, and like Blizzard said themselves, this game is based around swapping heroes to counter the other team.

And I think the "this is my main" players is a cancer to this game, and the reason for 90% of all toxicity, as they are so stubborn and stupid and won't change even when they get super countered.

They rather lose with their mains than win by swapping, and words can't describe my hatred for this.
    What people 'should' do is an opinion. People will generally do what they find fun, if that includes insta-locking and OTPing then that's up to them.
    Playing Overwatch 'wrong' is just a laughable idea. The reason for toxicity is toxic people.

You can yell at people all day to learn more than one hero but really you're just trying to get people to do what you think they should do. Generally, people will do what they want to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're talking ladder, not professional. Also, no it doesn't, your 'experience' means nothing to anyone who isn't you.

- - - Updated - - -

What people 'should' do is an opinion. People will generally do what they find fun, if that includes insta-locking and OTPing then that's up to them.
    Playing Overwatch 'wrong' is just a laughable idea. The reason for toxicity is toxic people.

You can yell at people all day to learn more than one hero but really you're just trying to get people to do what you think they should do. Generally, people will do what they want to do.

No, I'm sorry, but you are mistaken.

This game DOES have a set game design. This game IS MEANT to be played with the hero swaps I described. This is not something you can argue, you can't argue with game design.

Sadly, you can avoid the game design by picking just 1 hero, but you can't possibly say that's what you should do. Like I said, you CAN but you SHOULD NOT. Going against the game design is wrong, regardless how you look at it.

And no, I don't care about how people play in casual, and I'm fine by people ignoring game design there.

But in competitive, where you play to win, and not for fun. (Yes you can find it fun, but the goal is to win, wether you enjoy it or not. Casual is the fun mode). And ignoring game design here completely destroys the game.