Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely and improvement.

World quests were a great idea way better than those horrible garrison dailies and I hope they continue it by adding different quests to do everyday so it's not the same thing over and over. It's what made it so boring after a while.

Story was much better and more epic but still felt kinda stale compared to the stories back in classic, BC, and WotLK. Still more exciting than fighting orcs.

Questing was fun and immersive at times. This was pretty much the only good thing about WoD, the questing. So both were equal in this department.

Legion overall was just a much better expansion than that abomination that was WoD. How they thought that was a good plot to base a whole expansion on I have no idea. I keep saying that the whole expansion could've been summed up in a Caverns of Time dungeon series because that's what the whole thing felt like. A stretched out Caverns of Time dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I would say Legion is worse then MoD.
    Worse in the sense that I can't mythic gear 6 alts by clicking on a button a few times a day, sure.

I love the amount of content we've received in Legion. With all there has been to do, I definitely feel like I've gotten my moneys worth.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling was about the same, maybe slightly worse than WoD.

As far as quality of raids go, I think WoD was better. Legions certainly isn't bad, but I think BRF and HFC are better than ToS and Antorus. Highmaul was certainly better than EN. ToV I didn't really like, and I think NH was fantastic. This isn't to suggest that Legion raiding was awful, it's not, it's more to illustrate that raiding is usually has pretty good quality, even in an expansion such as WoD.

Legion just has quantity in my opinion. Even outside infinite systems like M+ (which is the best system ever added to the game), it just has more to do. I wouldn't necessarily say any of the individual things are better than things we experienced in past expansions, but there's just a lot to do, which is what an MMO should be. M+ and world quests are pretty great, even if world quests are just a far better daily quest system.

Legendary items (IMO) were a failure though. Gearing once we got into tier beyond Nighthold started to become far too rigid (and legendary items account for that). 2 pieces being locked to legendary items, and 6 being locked to tier made half of the gear that dropped not all that exciting, which is funny in an era where that gear can be titanforged (which is also part of the problem).

TLDR; Quality was good, not the best. Quantity was great. Systems outside of M+ need refining (and even then M+ can still be improved).

i liked WoD more...

loved the legendary system as it rewarded those of us who worked the hardest and put in the time/grind... I had my legos in no time while people were still crying and afking in Dalaran... meanwhile I was doing another M+ to push that next lego/BLP

7+ Year Old Account
    For me Legion is the best xpac up to date:
    - m+ was a brilliant addition to the endgame, made dungeons relevant which was something peeps asked for since I remember (and it may
    even grant us a new esport)
    - world quests made you go out see the world, something especially appreciated after garrisons
    - class revamps were great fantasy wise (gameplay varied)
    - Suramar was 10/10 zone
    - raids were ok, dungeons were good (Kara revamp was great)
    - PvP I didn't touch
    - artifacts were nice, although they turned into a little mess at the end
    - leggo system was annoying and not well thought, but I didn't really rage over it like many others

Overall, Legion was the first expansions when I had a hard time focusing on my alts, because there was always something to do to improve my main.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-01-16 at 08:06 PM.

overall legion wins by a mile, not that it's perfect there are many things i'd like to change, most notably pruning and world pvp but it's still the best xpac to date IMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Overall, I liked it.

-It was kinda nice to become attached to a weapon The AP system got old once you completed all "talents".

-EN was boring
    -ToV was nice
    -ToS was nice
    -Antorus was... ok I guess.

-I like most of the Dungeons in the expansion

-I hate the Legendary drops. Sure it's cool when one drops but that's also lame when you get a bad Legendary and you cant do anything about it.

-The Lore kinda sucked. The Legion didn't look like a threat. Sure they killed Varian, Vol'jin and Tirion but that's about it. Sylvanas as Warchief didn't do anything besides giving us an unresolved plot that we will probably never hear from again.
    Suramar was the best lore in the expansion.

-Karazhan was... there

Comparing Legion to WoD? No contest. Legion wins by a landslide
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

It was better in every way conceivable, with the possible exception that TJ was more entertaining than Argus for end-game playground type of stuff. Raids are at least as good if not better, dungeons are better, questing is better / more varied, professions were pulled from the muck, and moving away from garrisons was the right thing to do, even if they didn't move far enough away from them. Classes are lame across the board, but they were lame in WoD as well.

I burned out on the expansion really hard prior to the last raid, but can still recognize the good stuff. Second place to Wrath, ahead of the rest. We'll have to see how it goes with the next one.

Legion was pretty good, but kinda started losing steam around 7.2. It cannot be stated enough how terribly dull and uninspired the Broken Shore was.
    More zone variety in the recent content additions would have been nice, regardless or "lore".
    Also, during the Beta, nearly all the systems people complained about (Leggos, unceasing artifact grind, alt-unfriendly, separate AP per spec) in Live were brought to the attention of the Devs, who promptly ignored said feedback. Having those poorly thought-out design choices included when they were called out numerous times before launch, and then having to deal with them throughout the entirety of Legion (sans alt-unfriendly stuff), lowers Legion from maybe an 8 to a 7/10 for me.

WoD was a 3/10. Lies, broken promises, and aborted expansions do not a high-sub game make.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2018-01-16 at 08:28 PM.

All I can say is that Legion had fun content (with it's flaws) and executed patches correctly. I cannot describe my hatred towards the time-gate between everything tho, even the new BG in 7.3.5 is gated behind weeks. Also most classes received horrible changes (Arms on top, survival) while only a handful changed into the right direction (Fury, Elemental). Short: Legion was fine, destroyed classes even further than Warlords did tho.

Legion as a whole was good; much better than WoD. The only change I would have welcomed was AP being applied to all 3 weapons and legendaries to be handled differently. At the start of the xpac it was a deal breaker to change specs due to no AP in your other weapons and not having lego's for your other specs. Mind you; this became a non issue once they started to add in some AP catch up and legos are now targetable for a specific spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and in addition; I agree with a lot of players comments in this thread - the broken shore was aweful and the timegating was retarded. That's really the only point I can think of where I lost interest in the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked flying about to do the same few quests more than sending NPCs to do them for me.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

It is the second best expansion ever behind WoD.

Legion is like WoD cool stuff at the beginning and sweet fuck all after that.
    With the exeption Tanaan Jungle was way better than Argus.
    And WoD zone were much better than Legion zones
    I can't speak for raids.
    WoD > Legion so far.

At least WoD had a decent amount proper new and interesting music, which Legion hasn't.

On the other hand Legion has loads of world content which WoD hadn't.

WoD had boooring gutted professions, while Legion professions quests are so many it would have been enough for at least three xpacs. As always they went from
    one extreme to the other. Always makes me laugh about that one tipp on the screen while you log in your character, that moderation thingy.

That tipp given by people who apparently know NOTHING about moderation, as proven by them during the last four years.... rofl.

class pruning was an issue from day 1 of beta with big streamers/literally anyone with a brain pushing blizz to stop the prune and give back abilities but they ignored everyone and these two button classes are what we have left

the fact that people are "Excited" to get buffs like AI back in BFA tells you all you need to know about the utter failure of the prune

I think Blizz would be wise to stop shitting on skill OK, that's what I bloody think!!! (I sound so British lol, I love it!)

What do I mean by that???

Well, again and again "skill factors" have been removed from the game, and it has become so bad that EVEN CLASS BUFFS were mostly removed, and you can no longer purge lots of them to "weaken" someone, or ask your mates to buff you up again since that happened to you, etc. And I know this may SEEM minor, but actually lol??? It's pretty massive, and the better players can use even just this one thing to a pretty large advantage in combat.

Now if it was just that one thing??? It wouldn't be that bad OK, but it keeps happening again, and again, and again, holy hell!!!

So like....this happened so much lol, with say classes being immune for long periods of time to interrupts for example, or say how they are able to FOR VERY LONG PERIODS OF TIME JUST CAST INSTANTS!!! and things like that.....and when you add it all up??? It's just extremely hard to deal with OK....NO MATTER HOW MUCH SKILL YOU HAVE!!!

What basically happens is that the skill factor curve basically becomes flattened like a pancake at this point lol, and no matter what ANYONE does.....your skill matters FAR LESS than it would have if you HADN'T removed all those skill factors.

To make matters worse??? Blizz is paying basically no respect to class balance....and there really is none......at all lol, and this is perhaps the most disparity I have ever seen in WoW class balance wise, and a hybrid tax is BADLY needed right now. So this makes it even worse if you are playing certain specs....like say Frost Mage that I play, since we are just getting the short straw with the class balance right now OK, we really are, and it means that NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE, someone FAR LESS SKILLED on some atom bomb OP spec is just gonna ruin you OK.

And they even ruin ME OK, and I won over 6,000 BGs since late MoP, and I am hands down the best player in the entire game now for PvP OK, but you see, so often that just doesn't even matter, and that is the entire problem.

I killed a BOTTING Frost Mage 1v5 FROM RES a while back in front of Tich Org, with them having TWO healers on them LOL!!!

See that is how hard I will destroy my own spec....but then when I am up against say some cruel and unusual variant of DK, DH, Rogue, etc??? I just get destroyed lol....is what happens most of the time, EVEN IF RUNNING ACTUAL BLINK VERSUS ROGUE, ETC.....it just doesn't matter, sadly for me, since where is my 3x over too many CDs versus them, to MAKE SURE I CAN'T LOSE???

It's like nice 9 ports and 5 vanish in 2min or whatever lol!!! With cloak, and them having stuns, and I don't????

CAN'T MISS MUCH LOL???

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

Ever heard of class balance there Blizzard???

It might help WoW OK......just an idea.....

*Rolls Eyes*

/Endrant
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2018-01-16 at 10:45 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

The only really good things in WoD were Shadowmoon Valley/Frostfire Ridge. Still the best zones in WoW imho. After that the zones just got worse and worse. Legion was great at the start but cracks started showing quite early. Crafting terrible. Legendary system terrible. RNG on everything terrible.

While Legion is undoubtedly better than WoD i still find it pretty meh. Argus is fucking awful. People are never done going on about how much content Legion has. I guess if you like running the same dungeons a billion time and doing the same 5-10 WQ's per zone everyday then your cup runneth over with content.