10+ Year Old Account

Talking My New Project with 7.3.5

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this but I wanted to try this out. As you all know, the level scaling will be coming tomorrow (January 16). With it comes the freedom to truly choose a unique way to level, and not be as pigeonholed into the same leveling path as we used to be. It also makes leveling a bit more challenging, and I think more immersive.

With this, I thought it was a great opportunity to try an idea I have had for a long time- a Choose my adventure Warcraft series. Every week, I will post a Google survey on where I should adventure next, and the community will choose the next steps. Then I will upload a video to YouTube playing through the community's choices. After I have completed it, I will post a new survey, and complete until I hit max level.

This week, since it is the first week, you will need to choose my race, class, professions, as well as my first two starting zones (I am willing to make any run!). Here are the rules:

- No Heirlooms
    - No Dungeon Finder (one time run through dungeons for quests will be considered- but right now TBD)
    - No help from max level players
    - No battlegrounds

I don't intend for this to be as hardcore as the Ironman challenges have been, but I think it will be a fun time to sit back, relax, and enjoy some of the world that feels as if it was re-opened. It will not be a speedrun, but a slow playthrough of the Game's quests.

I will be using the Storyline Addon as well as Dynamic Cam for immersion purposes.

Here is a link to the Google survey- even if you do not plan on watching long I do appreciate the quick vote to help get started!

https://goo.gl/forms/THrPTZnCNhDS2zGs1

I will post a link to the video once the votes are in!

Thank you all.

You know what my project is? Do All the zones. Super completionist style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Been there, doen that

#Nerdgalore

Though, it'll feel good to actually complete the zones with a reward instead of some of it being grey/too low when you try to.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Been there, doen that

#Nerdgalore

Though, it'll feel good to actually complete the zones with a reward instead of some of it being grey/too low when you try to.
    There's going to be some of that, since the zones cap out by expansion. I'll be using heirlooms to avoid most of that though.

Mostly I just want to try playing the game for the story with giving any fucks about progression or efficiency. I haven't done anything like that in forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's going to be some of that, since the zones cap out by expansion. I'll be using heirlooms to avoid most of that though.

Mostly I just want to try playing the game for the story with giving any fucks about progression or efficiency. I haven't done anything like that in forever.
    Well, yeah but what I meant was, you are actually going to feel like you are doing the content as you are meant to. But I truly suggest to all players, to complete ALL quests (both factions), there are some gems.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account

Definitely recommend the Storyline addon for that. Makes it feel like an rpg again!

Thanks all for the responses as well!

I did this (still completing the last branch) and it's reasonably fun, but not much more than that.

Two important things: (a) if you are doing it for the stories, don't, a lot are dumb copy-cats (I did it for a clean slate with strict soloing everything, started a new account, that's something else entirely), (b) if you are doing it for some kind of challenge in soloing instances / raids, don't, this isn't there, you either one-shot encounters (95% of the cases) or they are impossible numerically (the rest).

And now if you still want to do this: I would suggest not just doing every quest in every zone, but also stopping at the end of each expansion (so, at levels 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 100) and finishing as many instances / raids / reputations / whatever, as you can or care to. Don't stop experience, just do the dailies / heroics, do raids from previous expansions, level up professions, etc. This prolongs the journey immensely, but it allows you to intersperse leveling with "end-game" activities a former max-level would do.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-01-16 at 02:16 PM.

if you want some fun/immersion

turn off every questhelp/map markers etc

and go to zones where you have never lvl-ed wich now would be possible , its quite fun to actually read queststext and figure out where you need to go to complete it

to me personaly that is one of my fond memories of vanilla , not knowing what how, totally reading questtexts 2 times go to a spot , feel noob that its the wrong spot and read the text again for hints. being kinda new to the zone will help with this