M+ Scores not being reset for 7.3.5

Just announced in Raider.IO Discord channel:

"We've been listening to all of your feedback regarding whether or not to reset scores with the upcoming M+ Battle Rez changes. We can see the benefits and drawbacks from going either way here, but in the end we've decided to not reset with 7.3.5.

We recognize that building up your Raider.IO score is a time investment, and we don’t want to reset it unless absolutely necessary. Any time we’ve started a new season in the past we’ve had to think through the ramifications and decide if there was enough reason to justify the inconveniences caused by a reset. In this case, we felt the negative impact of a reset would outweigh the positive.

This isn't a decision we made lightly, and we know not everyone will agree, but as always we try to do what we think is best for the community as a whole."

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The change to battle rez is not enough to justify resetting the M+ score period.

Thank fucking god... I would have been so pissed. This season just started a month and a half ago.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-01-16 at 09:11 AM.

If they were really dead set on taking their score so seriously they could also reset every score above 20+ or so down to 20 and leave everything else below that alone.

But yeah, I haven't ever agreed with these guys resetting the scores ever.

Deleted
    Kinda off topic, but is wowprogress kinda bugged for anyone else? It doesn't record all my runs and sometimes shows the wrong difficulty level. I've done eoa twice as +14 to upgrade my key but it claims I've never done it this season. It also shows I've done votw as +13 several times when I don't think I've ever ran it as such.

Are you fucking kidding me. It should have been reset. I'm tired of looking at 80% of the top scores being sang/volc STOP FUCKING COUNTING THAT WEEK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Kinda off topic, but is wowprogress kinda bugged for anyone else? It doesn't record all my runs and sometimes shows the wrong difficulty level. I've done eoa twice as +14 to upgrade my key but it claims I've never done it this season. It also shows I've done votw as +13 several times when I don't think I've ever ran it as such.
    You have to get on the blizzard leader board, meaning top 100 run for the specific dungeon and server for this week. Otherwise the website can't read the run.

If you have people from different servers, it is enough to appear on one leader board.

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    You have to get on the blizzard leader board, meaning top 100 run for the specific dungeon and server for this week. Otherwise the website can't read the run.

If you have people from different servers, it is enough to appear on one leader board.
    I've thought about offering this as a service, or a trade - bring me a key I need to up my score, and I'll get us on the boards. My main is on Malfurion-US now, and that has to be one of the smallest servers around. I'm not the flashiest tank, but the people running 20+ don't need help getting scored anyway. Us plebs pushing 17s and 18s gotta work together.

I should note that I'd not only welcome Blizz changing this so everyone has equal chance of being scored, but have actively advocated for the change in B-net forums.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted

Um... that can't be true. It has records from some of my sub 10 runs even but it's just missing some runs for reasons unkown.

Deleted
    Um... that can't be true. It has records from some of my sub 10 runs even but it's just missing some runs for reasons unkown.
    You can check yourself at the battle net website. Servers differ much in keys completed. On dead servers you can register +10 ins easy dungeons like EoA on tuesday (EU, so right before reset). Both websites (wow progress and raider.io) have a FAQ and tell people, that the read the leader boards, because there is no other way to get key level and time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was probably in another server’s top 100. Fx. If you are on ravencrest eu, you’d need like 18 or so to be in top 100 for the server. However, if you have someone from Dunemaul for example, or just a nearly dead aerver, even a +3 might be recorded there

- - - Updated - - -

You can check yourself at the battle net website. Servers differ much in keys completed. On dead servers you can register +10 ins easy dungeons like EoA on tuesday (EU, so right before reset). Both websites (wow progress and raider.io) have a FAQ and tell people, that the read the leader boards, because there is no other way to get key level and time.
    Even lower than 10 can be registered on dead realm. Last week i was looking where my 18 vault was ranked. Instead of Ravencrest Eu, i opened Ravencrest US. Lowest run was +3. Meanwhile on Ravencrest EU, lowest one was +15
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

New season or not, doesnt matter, raider.io keeps historical data. Also brez change is too small as there are maybe 100 ppl in the world who run 26-27s where it might actually matter.

I'm glad it wasnt reset, a few nights ago i stayed up until 8am getting my score above 2k.

I would have been salty af.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Just announced in Raider.IO Discord channel:

"We've been listening to all of your feedback regarding whether or not to reset scores with the upcoming M+ Battle Rez changes. We can see the benefits and drawbacks from going either way here, but in the end we've decided to not reset with 7.3.5.

We recognize that building up your Raider.IO score is a time investment, and we don’t want to reset it unless absolutely necessary. Any time we’ve started a new season in the past we’ve had to think through the ramifications and decide if there was enough reason to justify the inconveniences caused by a reset. In this case, we felt the negative impact of a reset would outweigh the positive.

This isn't a decision we made lightly, and we know not everyone will agree, but as always we try to do what we think is best for the community as a whole."
    Sry, but this is total bullshit for not resetting scores. Basically now anyone who is in the 3k+ region on raider.io score has no chance of catching up to those guys close to 4k or even above 4k+ in score due to these changes. And, don't bring up any BS argument here saying that these guys did not exploit or abuse the CR cheese prior to this patch. Because they did and so did everyone else. That's why there should be a reset to put everyone back into the same playing field. I mean you won't be losing your previous score because it will be recorded that on your previous patch this was ur score.

Further evidence that this score is just a complete joke.
    It needs to be blown up and handled by people who have actually done 5 mans before, and preferably people who have done them prior to this expansion, not just flavor of the month mythic+ kids.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Further evidence that this score is just a complete joke.
    It needs to be blown up and handled by people who have actually done 5 mans before, and preferably people who have done them prior to this expansion, not just flavor of the month mythic+ kids.
    I thought i've read some salty posts when it came to M+ score but this one takes the gold.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sort of glad since I'm still working towards the, for me, illustrious 3K mark. That said we're not a CR heavy group so for us a complete reset wouldn't have hurt so much.

I believe sanguine/volcanic will be back in march. Looking forward to it. Damn last sang/volcanic was in the mid of holiday season so grats on the groups who could make time for grinding m+ then, they're now untouchable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me. It should have been reset. I'm tired of looking at 80% of the top scores being sang/volc STOP FUCKING COUNTING THAT WEEK
    What's the issue? Those were official affixes. Not their fault you weren't savvy enough to take advantage of an EZ week. As time goes on and they keep getting better gear, they will go up even higher.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama