Poll: How Long Til Base Allied Races?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How Long Til Base 4 Allied Races?

How long do you think we'll be forced to wait for the new allied races? Not the zandalari or Dark iron. Just the 4 that were tested on PTR? Are we looking at a long wait til the BfA prepatch? Or could they come by spring? Maybe they're only a few weeks away? Why put their data on the PTR anyway if you plan on waiting over half a year to release them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't call it forced when it hasn't been meant to be released yet. I could imagine for pre-patch, as we gather up the units.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, the start of Q2 in spring would bring a massive boost to sales, since it seems like it would be tied to a BFA pre-order. Or during summer when students are able to play more often. I'd imagine that in the next PTR we will start to see the actual quests involved with the allied races and also a data-mined set of collectors edition items.

My guess is that this is the last patch before the BFA prepatch and since they are already working on the allied races they simply need a place to do that which is why those things were in this build, just hidden in the backend. I don't see it as any indication of their imminent release.

Remember previously when there were things tied to an upcoming expansion datamined from the last patches of an expansion like patch 5.4 having references to the Iron Horde etc. And patch 5.4 was released over a year before Draenor launched. So I wouldn't take them being on the PTR as any kind of time indication.

I'm expecting to be playing them by the end of February.

To be quite honest, with how lackluster 7.3.5 is and how utterly boring the game has become, the fact that Allied races are being back pocketed for preorders only in X months is pretty damn scummy.

What the fuck does it take for Blizzard to give a shit about the game after the 'last patch' of the expansion? We already proved their 'subscribers are cyclical' nonsense to be just that with WoD, how many more mistakes are we going to fucking repeat in the very next goddamn expansion?
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

My guess would be late March. That would give time for people to experience all the content the patch brings and see how the revamp to leveling is received by the community.

2-4 weeks for collecting feedback about new scaling world from larger community on live servers and finish the polishing of allied races.
    then they start pre selling the bfa and toggle on the allied races which imo is included in 7.3.5 since the patch is so large for such contents or maybe implementation of new scaling zone need a large patch and im wrong.

5+ Year Old Account
    The pre-order + Allied race's are coming on the 30th. It was leaked by a blizzard employee who also leaked the release date for 7.3.5 and explained what would happen in the bfa cinematic, as well as the setting for bfa before blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    How long do you think we'll be forced to wait for the new allied races? Not the zandalari or Dark iron. Just the 4 that were tested on PTR? Are we looking at a long wait til the BfA prepatch? Or could they come by spring? Maybe they're only a few weeks away? Why put their data on the PTR anyway if you plan on waiting over half a year to release them?
    Expecting BfA content in Legion is not unlike hanging up Christmas decorations in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    My guess would be late March. That would give time for people to experience all the content the patch brings and see how the revamp to leveling is received by the community.
    I must have missed some patch notes. What content? Do you mean this short quest line in Silithus?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by God-King Popo View Post
    The pre-order + Allied race's are coming on the 30th. It was leaked by a blizzard employee who also leaked the release date for 7.3.5 and explained what would happen in the bfa cinematic, as well as the setting for bfa before blizzcon.
    Yeah, there is this rumor. It could be false, but who knows, maybe it is true.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah, there is this rumor. It could be false, but who knows, maybe it is true.
    I mean... 2/3rds of his leaks have come true so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The true leaker said it'd be in for 7.3.5, and he's been right about everything so far.
    Plus, they made it so the races only need a Hotfix to go through, so my bet is a month or so into 7.3.5

Probably around the times when they open up their alpha / beta servers to the very few in public.

i dont know when. but i think they bring em that long before xpac starts, so that ppl can level up a main for next xpac. how long that is (just 4 weeks in pre patch, or 2 months, or...) i have no glue.

Deleted
    Did people miss the part where Allied races are content of the next expansion ?

Mr GM made a video about it recently so if that is anything to go by we might get them with a pre purchase in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I must have missed some patch notes. What content? Do you mean this short quest line in Silithus?
    Silithus, Ulduar Timewalking, seething shore and the new dalaran mail quests which rewards a summon mailbox toy. They are probably going to stagger some of these and that's why I think allied races will be released around March.

Inside information points towards preorders being available January 30.

So, if true, just two weeks.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    I'm not sure we will be able to play all four of them with the preorder. Since Allied races are being marketed as BfA's main new feature I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed us to choose only ONE allied race character per account until release day. You all seem to be sure that, since the assets for 4 races were datamined, we would get access to all of them by preordering, leaving just 2 new races for release. I am not, it doesn't make much sense from a business perspective, and this is Activision Blizzard after all.