How good/bad is the Gainward as graphics card company compared to ASUS ?

Planning to buy a new rig with a GTX 1070 Ti. First I chose the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti, but then an offer came with better price tag (like -30% cost in my country): Gainward GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti(not the Phoenix edition). Now I'm wondering, is the ASUS worth the price difference or not? How's the Gainward reputation compared to other companies?
    Last edited by Pocok; 2018-01-16 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    is all about noise and cooling, chips are the same and difference between cards should be neglectable; is all about the silicon lottery but definetly the asus has way better cooling, but performance wise they are the same

All GPUs are exactly the same on any board. The only difference is cooling system and extra ports. Depends on what you want. If you want more quieter system and plan to overclock then ASUS might be the way. STRIX is overpriced tho and DUAL (the white dual fan one is absolute crap). I wouldn't say that 30% cost is worth it.

Alternatively look for Palit Jetstream (or Super Jetstream) as it's the best quality/price cooling system on the market right now.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2018-01-16 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocok View Post
    Planning to buy a new rig with a GTX 1070 Ti. First I chose the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti, but then an offer came with better price tag (like -30% cost in my country): Gainward GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti(not the Phoenix edition). Now I'm wondering, is the ASUS worth the price difference or not? How's the Gainward reputation compared to other companies?
    If you go for a 1070Ti go and check some reviews about the Palit version.
    On Guru3D i saw some and it was on the same level of a MSI Gaming X 1070Ti.

I own a Palit NVIDIA Geforce 1080 Game Rock.

In previous years, I tended to avoid Palit/Gainward (They are the same company) and bought instead from ASUS/Gigabyte, and the reason I avoided them is:

These GPU's are Chinese and there are horror stories on the internet of people with failed Palit/Gainward GPU's who were asked to ship their failed Gpu's to Hong-Kong -on their own expenses- in order to get a replacement GPU AND pay for return shipment. This is the best case scenario because others who contacted Palit/Gainward on warranty issues were told that Customer Support is given in Mandarin only and it's too bad that they don't speak it.

So, it was after much thought and deliberation that I bought a Palit GTX 1080 Game Rock (dirt freaking cheap too, just 500 euros) from Amazon.de, after I read that Amazon.de offers their own warranty on Palit/Gainward cards. They offer a 30-days no-questions-asked money back guarantee as well as an unoconditional two-year warranty after purchase, wherein you just return the card to them and they send you a new one or your money back, whichever you prefer.

I've owned the card for about 7 months now and I have had no issues with it.

So, I recommend you buy Palit/Gainward if you buy from Amazon and I recommend to NOT buy Palit/Gainward if you don't.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I own a Palit NVIDIA Geforce 1080 Game Rock.

In previous years, I tended to avoid Palit/Gainward (They are the same company) and bought instead from ASUS/Gigabyte, and the reason I avoided them is:

These GPU's are Chinese and there are horror stories on the internet of people with failed Palit/Gainward GPU's who were asked to ship their failed Gpu's to Hong-Kong -on their own expenses- in order to get a replacement GPU AND pay for return shipment. This is the best case scenario because others who contacted Palit/Gainward on warranty issues were told that Customer Support is given in Mandarin only and it's too bad that they don't speak it.

So, it was after much thought and deliberation that I bought a Palit GTX 1080 Game Rock (dirt freaking cheap too, just 500 euros) from Amazon.de, after I read that Amazon.de offers their own warranty on Palit/Gainward cards. They offer a 30-days no-questions-asked money back guarantee as well as an unoconditional two-year warranty after purchase, wherein you just return the card to them and they send you a new one or your money back, whichever you prefer.

I've owned the card for about 7 months now and I have had no issues with it.

So, I recommend you buy Palit/Gainward if you buy from Amazon and I recommend to NOT buy Palit/Gainward if you don't.
    Palit just increased its warranty.

Recent Palit/Gainward cards are A-okay, I own a Gainward 1080 Phoenix GLH edition. It is quite ugly, but one of the best performance between 1080s, also with beastly cooling.