Let Us Edit Thread Titles

There is a minor typo, or you just didn't get across what you wanted to say with the title the first time around, please let us edit them.

Even if the original title shows up somewhere too, like in cases of post edits, it would still be a useful feature to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you need a thread title changed PM one of the appropriate mods.
    This.

As much as I would personally like it (not that I make many threads), it's something people will abuse. Clickbait title and change it once it gets rolling, probably to a different clickbait.

A good suggestion would be to be able to request an edit, whereby you "edit" the title, and it auto sends a PM to mods which they can then accept or deny approval.

E: Well I guess we can, see below. Ignore the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can, just click on Edit Post, and then click on Go Advanced and you can edit the title from there.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    As far as I'm aware that's just the post's title. Which would show up on your post as you see on mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Just tested it on a thread I started a while back and it's just the post's title that gets changed if you edit the post, not the thread's title.
    Huh, I just tested it too for me, and it changed the thread's title.

Make sure its the actual first post.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/290-Computer/page6

If you go there, I made a thread called "Firefox Crashing" and just now changed it to "Firefox Crashings"

EDIT: I just realized I might be able to do that because Im also a mod of that forum, soooo I can't be sure.
    Last edited by chazus; 2018-02-05 at 09:07 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Huh, I just tested it too for me, and it changed the thread's title.

Make sure its the actual first post.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/290-Computer/page6

If you go there, I made a thread called "Firefox Crashing" and just now changed it to "Firefox Crashings"
    Are you sure this isn't just working as you think because you're a mod?

Edit: through some google-Fu I managed to find a thread I started years ago and no indeed this does work. Tiny bit clunky, but works.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a very brief grace period to edit the thread title when you first create the thread in the event of typos. After that, only moderators can edit forum titles. This is to prevent abuse of the feature.

If you need a thread title edited you have a few options:

• Report the post using the triangle in the lower right corner of the post, and say in the report box that you want the title changed and to what
    • PM a green mod of that forum and ask them to change it
    • PM a global mod for any forum to request a chance

You should try the first one first, and try a PM to a mode if it's not changed within 24 hours, as reports do sometimes get missed.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |