Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

This Is Why Police Shoot Runners

There is constant crying on these forums and from liberals about police shooting fleeing suspects. Well, now you see why they do it. This guy fled when the cops showed up, they went after him (without showering him in a hail of gunfire the instant he turned to run as they should have) he ran into some bushes to hide, so they got dogs. He got a good firing position, shot the dog, shot the dog handler, and shot 3 additional cops before being shot himself. So, there you go. That is why cops need to shoot fleeing suspects. Moral of the story: People who run are guilty and should be shot. If you aren't guilty, don't run. If you are guilty, and want to run, better hope you are quick and good at dodging bullets. Here is the story: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/16...-carolina.html A non Fox News link for the liberals: https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/n...469512453.html

but why didnt the cops curve a bullet around the bushes and shoot the gun out of his hand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Moral of the story: People who run are guilty and should be shot.
    If you left this line out, you'd have hit a home run with me. But this particular line is quite off. Not all offenses deserve the death sentence. If it was a non-violent offense, such as stealing someone's bike, I don't think (even if they ran) they should be shot and killed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    but why didnt the cops curve a bullet around the bushes and shoot the gun out of his hand
    I know right? I mean this guys life is so valuable, every life is so valuable..... well unless they voted for Trump that is. Lack of training.... I mean curve the bullet or they should have dodged his bullets Matrix style, and then gently taken him down while explaining his rights. Trigger happy and lack of training, that's what it is.

Do you really think this case is an excuse to shoot running people in the back? Cops should be able to defend themselves, but people running are no immediate danger. Do you really support proactively killing people because they MIGHT become a threat later? That's laughable.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2018-01-16 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If you left this line out, you'd have hit a home run with me. But this particular line is quite off. Not all offenses deserve the death sentence. If it was a non-violent offense, such as stealing someone's bike, I don't think (even if they ran) they should be shot and killed.
    Well don't run then?

Deleted
    I'd say that is a perfect example as to why not everyone and their grandma should have a gun.

That or you start working on the gun problem in the US.
    That way, in time no one needs to get shot.

In a country where everyone has a gun you should respect that the cops value their life too and have to play 100% safe to return to their family after their work day. Thats the price for having such a gun culture. Work safety of cops > some innocents shot imho (lets be real most who run arent "innocent").

The only thing any of this is evidence of is that the OP should never be allowed to become a cop.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    While I agree that no cop should ever shot a fleeing criminal in the back, if said criminal has a firearm or a knife and is a death threat to the police officer or other civilians, then shoot them. A person with a knife can close a gap between you and himself, fairly fast.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So using your logic...

If they didn't chase the suspect everything would've been fine? Why do cops chase suspects again? Clearly it leads to cops dying.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Shoot him yes. Every single runner- shoot them.

With lethal ammo? I think that's where the discussion should be. There are plenty of non-lethal options. Perhaps those options should be more commonly employed.

I vote for electrified net launchers.

Deleted
    They're paid to take that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    There is constant crying on these forums and from liberals about police shooting fleeing suspects. Well, now you see why they do it. This guy fled when the cops showed up, they went after him (without showering him in a hail of gunfire the instant he turned to run as they should have) he ran into some bushes to hide, so they got dogs. He got a good firing position, shot the dog, shot the dog handler, and shot 3 additional cops before being shot himself. So, there you go. That is why cops need to shoot fleeing suspects. Moral of the story: People who run are guilty and should be shot. If you aren't guilty, don't run. If you are guilty, and want to run, better hope you are quick and good at dodging bullets. Here is the story: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/16...-carolina.html A non Fox News link for the liberals: https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/n...469512453.html
    They have murdered people who don't have guns for defending themselves against attack dogs.

The point your making is that they should shoot people on the basis they might somehow run off and get a gun but they themselves present a present threat to the public. Should the public then respond the same way to them?

10+ Year Old Account
    ROE for law enforcement should be at the same standard or higher that our military personnel are held to on foreign soil- as it stands now foreigners get more doubt and patience than US citizens. If you can't perform your job because you're constantly in fear- you shouldn't be a cop. It's far from the most dangerous job in the US, and honestly with requirements and training being so varied there's a plethora of incompetence in their ranks.

Now this case here? Things would have turned out better if the perp' was shot from the get go- but that shouldn't be our go-to policy.
    2/10, Not even a good try OP Edgelord, not even a good try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    While I agree that no cop should ever shot a fleeing criminal in the back, if said criminal has a firearm or a knife and is a death threat to the police officer or other civilians, then shoot them. A person with a knife can close a gap between you and himself, fairly fast.
    Surely, there are circumstances. I was just opposing the absolution of shooting a fleeing suspect regardless of the crime or whether they are armed or not.

For example: An unarmed bicycle thief doesn't need to be shot when fleeing.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Why did the suspect have a gun in the 1st place? that would rarely happen in civilized countries.

Other than that, i agree, when police aim their guns at you, don't fucking run.

Moral of the story for criminals: if you're going to commit crime better take a gun and prepare to kill some cops if you wan't to live. And second moral is don't fight when facing a police helicopter unless you have prepared accordingly because they're going to catch you anyways if you don't.

I'm not condoning crime but some people do it, and luckily most of the time they're idiots who don't think the whole situation through but those who do know that being shot or caught is a shitty situation so better prepare for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I mean yeah running means you probably aren't innocent, but it doesn't mean you are guilty of a crime worthy of the death sentence or that you are a cop killer either.

Most of the people I've seen on "cops" and shows like that run because they have outstanding warrants or parole violations or have drugs on them or something, which all seem like reasonable reasons to run from the cops in their mind.
    Explain to me what people don't get:

If you are doing something bad like violating parole or carrying drugs, you need to accept the possible outcomes. If you get caught, be prepared to give up or die. Whats wrong with that? Here are the choices: 1) (Best choice) DON'T BREAK THE LAW. 2) break the law, don't get caught. 3) Get caught, give up. 4) Get caught, resist, die. 3 of those 4 choices don't result in death. Why not choose the first 3 of 4 choices?

I think the best part about these cop killing is that there isn't reliable data on them but there is of course about cops getting killed. I wonder why that is.