Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have faith Hardy will do something interesting with the material, but the tendrils coming out of the sides/his ass does send alarm bells ringing

I guess I'll have to be that one odd bullet in the loop and say that I actully like the trailer and look forward to this movie.

We are less then three months out and there is still only the one real trailer. If you're going to make an R rated superhero movie to cash in on the success of Deadpool then shouldn't you also be emulating the media blitz that Deadpool did?

Or is your movie just lazily slapped together dogshit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    We are less then three months out and there is still only the one real trailer. If you're going to make an R rated superhero movie to cash in on the success of Deadpool then shouldn't you also be emulating the media blitz that Deadpool did?

Or is your movie just lazily slapped together dogshit?
    Infinity war was a bit of a game changer too in terms of visual quality. The superhero genre is getting very hard to compete in when you've got Disney level CGI for Thanos and then sony with this film looks like it was shot for a high school project

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Infinity war was a bit of a game changer too in terms of visual quality. The superhero genre is getting very hard to compete in when you've got Disney level CGI for Thanos and then sony with this film looks like it was shot for a high school project
    I could forgive bad special effects if it looked like the story and characters were there but knowing who all is working on this gives me many reservations and the lack of promotion this film is getting tells me that Sony has no confidence in it.

I mean, we might get something at SDCC but I doubt it's going to do anything to convince me this film isn't going to be trash.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ic-con-1128276

No new trailer, and the footage they did show apparently isn't finished. This is just sad.

And the villain is confirmed to be Riot and, well...
    The filmmaker also hinted other villains could be in the movie, noting: “We are planning a big world with this Venom story."
    No shit. You mean the rest of the group Riot belonged to? You going to drag this Life Foundation shit out across multiple movies?

Fucking sad.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Looks decent, but I absolutely loath the setting - they should have given the film a more dystopian/noir look. It looks like a soap opera or a late night sitcom setting. Also, Hardy is a fantastic actor, but I'm not sure how I feel about his Brock vocal delivery...it just seems, weak? Brock isn't supposed to be a weak guy, just kind of a douche. The dialogue is a bit cringey as well, but at least they seem to be giving Venom proper screentime.

Deleted
    Ok, this is growing on me. A lot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Ok, this is growing on me. A lot
    I don't care what people say, it's Venom bois.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I hope thats's the unfinished effects they mentioned at SDCC and that they have made progress since then.

Okay..was on the fence...and was only there because of Hardy, since I hated Venom to begin with. But this looks pretty damn decent. It evokes a horror-edge that I once hoped to see in a Ghost Rider movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    kek even Vemon has to resort to the cliche of having the villain being a stronger version of the hero with the same powers and everything (Ironman1, Logan, Green lantern etc) but still lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    kek even Vemon has to resort to the cliche of having the villain being a stronger version of the hero with the same powers and everything (Ironman1, Logan, Green lantern etc) but still lose.
    So canon Venom?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    So canon Venom?
    "Evil business man that wants to develop and profit from new gen of weapons" VemonX

10+ Year Old Account
    "Evil business man that wants to develop and profit from new gen of weapons" VemonX
    I meant the villain having the same/similar powers and all of that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    They've already reported that the main villains are going to be other Symbiotes, add in that they've said they're semi adapting the Lethal Protector plotline... So it's not hard to imagine that Carnage will be involved, plus I believe Riot and Agony are also confirmed.

I really don't see how you can call that cliche and write it off immediately.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    They've already reported that the main villains are going to be other Symbiotes, add in that they've said they're semi adapting the Lethal Protector plotline... So it's not hard to imagine that Carnage will be involved, plus I believe Riot and Agony are also confirmed.

I really don't see how you can call that cliche and write it off immediately.
    I wasnt writing it off just because its using a tried and tested formula, no need to over react.

What did you expect? Something completely unrelated to the obvious "we're developing symbiotes as a weapon" plot? It's not exactly them "resorting" to something, when most villains are either a reflection of the hero (what Venom was to Spider-Man in the first place) or a contrast (what Lex Luthor is supposed to be to Superman).

Deleted
    Boy do I hope they spend some extra dollars on the CGI.. Because otherwise the 'coolest' fight scenes are going to be retarded full CGI fights. And if they're is anything Superhero movies suck at, it's pure CGI fights.