The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Trump Considered "Crazy Person Who Calls In All the Time" by Fox News

Apparently, after our commander-in-chief watches 8+ hours of tv a day, he calls in to the news show to congratulate them on the story. I am not making this up. He also apparently gets policy ideas from certain show. Again, I'm not making this up.

President Donald Trump is not only a rabid fan of cable news titan Fox News but also regularly calls the network to praise segments and explain how he’s “learned something,” according to a report published Thursday.

Many have theorized that the commander in chief often parrots exactly what he’s seen on a Fox program—in particular, morning show Fox & Friends—on his Twitter account. But Vanity Fair reports that the president is far more involved with the network than originally believed.

Indeed, Trump has reportedly turned into a de facto Roger Ailes, the late former head of the conservative media outlet, who was known for an iron fist and meticulous control of Fox News’s programming.

“What [Trump] usually does is, he’ll call after a show and say, ‘I really enjoyed that,’” an unnamed former Fox anchor told Vanity Fair. “The highest compliment is, ‘I really learned something.’ Then you know he got a new policy idea.”

An unnamed Fox executive said of Trump, “He’s sort of viewed as this crazy person who calls all the time.”

The president has denied watching much television, but The New York Times reported last month that he watches at least four hours a day.

Furthermore, others claim that Fox hosts and staff are encouraged not to cover reports or stories that could make the administration or Trump look poor.

For example, the network had trouble covering the damning book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff, which claims those around the president have questioned his fitness for office and overall mental stability.

Instead, the network often harps on Trump’s former political foe, Hillary Clinton. Fox News viewers reportedly respond in a far more positive way to negative coverage of Clinton and greatly dislike reports critical of Trump. In turn, the network focuses on coverage tailored to Trump backers and the president.

“He has the same embattled view as a typical Fox viewer—that ‘the liberal elites hate me; they’re trying to bring me down,’” another executive was quoted as saying.

The report largely paints the network as a propaganda machine for the president and conservatives, which makes some of the staff uneasy.

One staffer told Vanity Fair, “It’s freaky to see him tweeting at Fox & Friends. That doesn’t help us. We’re not state television.”

Trump has often praised Fox News and its morning show for its coverage and slammed other mainstream media outlets. CNN and MSNBC, in particular, have been called out by the president for spreading “fake news,” and he says they are failing.
    Source.

As usual, deplorable gets more deplorable. Un-fucking-believable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, it's as if watching one news source as Baby Boomers are wont to do results in highly biased and downright ignorant viewpoints. Colour me shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess the US really does have a state run media outlet now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Worse. The way this is written, you have a media-outlet-run state.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Or is it the other way around? Remember, Trump gets his policy talking points not from his advisers, but from Fox and Friends, more often than not.

Deleted
    Embarrassing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or is it the other way around? Remember, Trump gets his policy talking points not from his advisers, but from Fox and Friends, more often than not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Probably a bit of both really. Fox influences Trump who in turn influence Fox by pressuring the editors to only run content acceptable to Trump. They are both pretty bad since the entire concept of the first amendment runs on an independent free press. Which Fox News is now not.

Deleted
    Indeed.

Fox & Friends: The 702 program got Donald Trump in trouble with Russia...
    Trump: Geez, really ? Yeah, I'm not supporting this
    Paul Ryan: &&&&77 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!§§§§
    Trump: Excusez-moi ?
    Ryan: You're in favour of this, you f-ck ape !!111111
    Trump: As I was saying, super stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe said news media should stop enabling him?
    Putin khuliyo

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Maybe said news media should stop enabling him?
    At this point we're at 1984 meets Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. The only thing we know for sure is that nothing is off limits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did I imagine that part in the Addams Family movie where Gomez keeps calling into Sally Jesse Raphael's show?

Pardon the quality.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I don't know, this article speaks to a shocking amount of self awareness from Fox that I am not sure they have. If this reporting is all true, they aren't ignorant, they are straight up evil.

For instance: “He has the same embattled view as a typical Fox viewer—that ‘the liberal elites hate me; they’re trying to bring me down,’” another executive was quoted as saying.

Unless that guy is about to quit, that is an appalling thing to admit to doing, feeding into that sort of narrative on purpose is contemptible. At least pretend you believe that nonsense. Overall I kind of doubt this article a bit, it sounds embellished. That said, over the last year a lot of things that sound ridiculous have turned out to be completely true.

How is Fox even able to still be called "News" at this point? It's pure propaganda and fear mongering.

Can you just imagine some over worked intern having to take that call every week "oh great the presidents calling again"

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    I feel like the only way for this situation to be resolved is if Fox actually starts reporting the truth. We all know that's not going to happen anytime soon though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I don't know, this article speaks to a shocking amount of self awareness from Fox that I am not sure they have. If this reporting is all true, they aren't ignorant, they are straight up evil.

For instance: “He has the same embattled view as a typical Fox viewer—that ‘the liberal elites hate me; they’re trying to bring me down,’” another executive was quoted as saying.

Unless that guy is about to quit, that is an appalling thing to admit to doing, feeding into that sort of narrative on purpose is contemptible. At least pretend you believe that nonsense. Overall I kind of doubt this article a bit, it sounds embellished. That said, over the last year a lot of things that sound ridiculous have turned out to be completely true.
    Reality is stranger than fiction my friend. The president basically running the country off of 8 hours of Fox News a day would have been an appalling thought two years ago. It still is. But some people see it as perfectly acceptable these days.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    Indeed.

Fox & Friends: The 702 program got Donald Trump in trouble with Russia...
    Trump: Geez, really ? Yeah, I'm not supporting this
    Paul Ryan: &&&&77 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!§§§§
    Trump: Excusez-moi ?
    Ryan: You're in favour of this, you f-ck ape !!111111
    Trump: As I was saying, super stuff
    Sorry bro. But you really think trump knows french?

Il est trop stupide.

Now we just need to get Fox to run this story and watch his tweets the following day.

P.S. If you missed this one from a week or so ago:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ck-loop-216248

It's pretty conclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    That really makes the whole thing kinda meta ya know?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.