Thread: Bitcoin

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Internet stocks had the same pattern before they finally died for real.
    Penny stocks had the same pattern before they finally died for real.
    Silver runs.....

etc etc etc

there are bubbles all the time and this is a perfect example of one. is this the end or will there be another pump and dump before the final death?
    Who knows. i mean AOL lived for a very long time after they popped.....
    its like with communism - people will belive forever that that next country that implements it will make it work

big fishes made enough and cashed in - now poor fishes can go f.... themsleves and loose a lot of money they stupitidly belived that investing into pyramid sheme was a good idea

Deleted
    Sold all of mine over a 3 week period some time ago.

Now they can crash and burn for all I care

Quote Originally Posted by suprep View Post
    Let me get this straight, we are back to what we started on about 10 days ago and now it's the end of the world? If you can't handle seeing this volatility then you really ought not to be in cryptocurrencies. It's a reason why some people made it well off and the others just panic sell and move on. I don't personally trust Bitcoin at least (Ethereum believer here), so I hold no BTC.

Been here for almost 2 years and still holding strong, today's dip saw me lose over almost half a million dollars but I'm not worried at all. These things have happened in the past quite a lot of times, just remember to take profit on the way.

On another good news, Bitconnect is gone!
    for idiots who invested in them when they were at 16k it kinds is though - maybe not for someone who put like 1-2k but there are for sure imbeciles who invested like 200-500k and lost their life savings because everyone was so hyped on how much they will make with "simple investment"

Just fell under $10,000

$9666.09

Time to buy?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Just fell under $10,000

$9666.09

Time to buy?
    Impossible to say honestly because their are two cases to be made.

My gut tells me that this isn't the crash I am waiting for since their hasn't really been a large scale event that justifies the immediate doom of BTC and co.

This could be the first big crash that frightens people or the 2e real crash that puts things back to normal (10k isnt normal either but that's my opinion). If it's the second one I expect the price to drop to something around 1 or 2K.

I hope that this is the first crash since the recent crackdown news are kind of a joke. If bad news from China regarding miners could hurt BTC by this much then that would be really freaking sad.

Bitcoin price does follow a certain logic which is mostly messed up logic. THe value is pure speculation, even ripple (which the coin is the product) is mostly speculation since we assume that eventually it will be used in a mainstream way to handle payments.
    Last edited by ati87; 2018-01-17 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    for idiots who invested in them when they were at 16k it kinds is though - maybe not for someone who put like 1-2k but there are for sure imbeciles who invested like 200-500k and lost their life savings because everyone was so hyped on how much they will make with "simple investment"

If someone invested 200k into BTC recently on its all-time high period then they must be crazy, but still if they sell at a loss that's even worse given that the likelyhood that it will reach 16k+ again.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If someone invested 200k into BTC recently on its all-time high period then they must be crazy, but still if they sell at a loss that's even worse given that the likelyhood that it will reach 16k+ again.
    What's the likely hood? Mind sharing this foresight of yours.

THe rise and drop of BTC and co are based on speculation, not because the underlying product is selling well.

TOday my ASML stock had a really good day, made up my lose of last month. I know the reason why it dropped last month and I know why it increased today because ASML released good news regarding the profit they made.\

I dont care about cryptocurrency except for one thing. GPU cards are now so overpriced becuase of miners. I was checking prices of GTX 1070 and 1070 Ti and my jaw just dropped how high the price went up. Its really annoying if you wanna upgrade your comp and have to pay so much just for GPU.

Finally normal GPU prices... Personally I invest into loans, return rate avg is only 13%, but for three years all payments are getting paid on time-ish.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    What's the likely hood? Mind sharing this foresight of yours.

THe rise and drop of BTC and co are based on speculation, not because the underlying product is selling well.

TOday my ASML stock had a really good day, made up my lose of last month. I know the reason why it dropped last month and I know why it increased today because ASML released good news regarding the profit they made.\
    It's based on speculation of course, but anyone can see that the current drop is not unusual since it followed an all time peak. Of course there are reasons for the drop (uncertainty in Korea, China), but there is nothing happening to cause an actual crash, just the usual correction following the usual pattern as usual.

Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-01-17 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey mate, you just proved yourself a sheep.

Crypto is like this all the time. Expect it to go well beyond 16k before end of March.

Meanwhile, time to buy and HODL. The only way of making money off Crypto is to be patient and cold headed.
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2018-01-17 at 04:02 PM.

These crashes happen all the time in crypto.
    Then the prices reach all time highs months later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Just fell under $10,000

$9666.09

Time to buy?
    I don't think so - I'll Hodl what I got and nearly bought more today but then checked transaction fees which just a couple of months ago were 2 or 3 dollars.

https://estimatefee.com/

20 dollars average transaction fee is too much, next month there is nothing to stop it being 50 dollars, the month after 100 dollars who knows. At that level it becomes unusable as a currency.

Until they come down Bitcoin and its value is fubar.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I don't think so - I'll Hodl what I got and nearly bought more today but then checked transaction fees which just a couple of months ago were 2 or 3 dollars.

https://estimatefee.com/

20 dollars average transaction fee is too much, next month there is nothing to stop it being 50 dollars, the month after 100 dollars who knows. At that level it becomes unusable as a currency.

Until they come down Bitcoin and its value is fubar.
    You tried Revolut? You can buy BTC/Litecoin etc without fees on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Hey mate, you just proved yourself a sheep.

Crypto is like this all the time. Expect it to go well beyond 16k before end of March.

Meanwhile, time to buy and HODL. The only way of making money off Crypto is to be patient and cold headed.
    Who's the sheep by using retarded reddit memes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Who's the sheep by using retarded reddit memes.
    You are the sheep for not having a freaking avatar after almost 10 years. What is wrong with you.

Is your personal hygiene on the same level? Hope not.

PS: I'm a BEAR.

Considering I’m up some 400% I really don’t care. It’ll rebound. Corrections are bound to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    When did you buy in?
    Few years ago when they were $8k. Not as early as those who really made a profit, but I doubled my investment, which was nice.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    You are the sheep for not having a freaking avatar after almost 10 years. What is wrong with you.

Is your personal hygiene on the same level? Hope not.

PS: I'm a BEAR.
    You are a sheep for having avatars and signatures enabled after almost 10 years. What the hell is wrong with yo. I bet you also show mmo-champ topics with 20 replies per page instead of 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's based on speculation of course, but anyone can see that the current drop is not unusual since it followed an all time peak. Of course there are reasons for the drop (uncertainty in Korea, China), but there is nothing happening to cause an actual crash, just the usual correction following the usual pattern as usual.

And if I google Bitcoin + bubble chart I get the same shit showing that the bubble has burst.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=bitcoin+bubble&client=firefox-b-ab&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi43brJ39_YAhWOZ1AKHQoYAskQ_AUICygC&biw=1472& bih=726&dpr=1.3

Moral of the story.

Every expect claiming that Bitcoin will rise again are nothing but morons who don't understand the fundamentals of trading in BTC.

The rise and fall of Bitcoin is connected to speculation and if tomorrow some big players decide to buy it will rise but if they decided to buy a boat then it's over. I mean last week people where talking about ''just wait for the Wallstreet bonuses'' and now it's ''just wait for something else'' and it will be fine. That's the definition of moving the goalpost.

Maybe next week BTC will hit 30K, maybe it will become 1K but their is no real expert in the field of blockchain trading.
    Last edited by ati87; 2018-01-17 at 07:40 PM.