Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Affect of azerite? Ogmot's dream

1. Purely speculation this, but that look on sylvannas and anduin when they touch azerite, could they be corrupted through it? Ever since Rejection of the Gift they have been working a bit on their "eye" theatre.

*If yes, shaw and gallywix seem fine, perhaps it can choose who or what to corrupt?

2. Ogmot's dream journal talks about a dagger. Xal'atath? Or something else?

*If we do use our artifacts to save azeroth, items like Xal'atath (specifically), Maw of the damned, apocalypse, the dual wield frost dk artifact and such...are a bit of an oddball, given their origins. I mean if you had ghanir and ashbringer on one side, and Xal'atath and maw of the damned on the other, it would be pretty simple to say which have world saving attributes no?
    Yes I play alliance. No I dont hate the Horde. Yes I believe there are bad people in both factions. Yes, in the end this is a business and blizzard wont let one faction win over the other completely.

The idea with artifacts is primarily that you have empowered them multiple times via artifact power and the additional traits, hence they are massive vessels of power which you can use. Azerite is most likely something like "power", increasing the users own power levels.

In order for Anduin/Sylvanas to have such a reaction it must mean the item interacted with them in some way in that moment. Power increases would also make it more feasible why we go back to being peasants as our leaders grow in power AND we lose our awesome artifacts.

I got the same impression after watching both cinematics. As soon as they touch/stare at azerite they seem to get a little too worked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    1. Purely speculation this, but that look on sylvannas and anduin when they touch azerite, could they be corrupted through it?
    Yeah, in that that sort of power corrupts anyone. Drives them to do mad things, like start wars or stockpile arms out of fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    *If we do use our artifacts to save azeroth, items like Xal'atath (specifically), Maw of the damned, apocalypse, the dual wield frost dk artifact and such...are a bit of an oddball, given their origins. I mean if you had ghanir and ashbringer on one side, and Xal'atath and maw of the damned on the other, it would be pretty simple to say which have world saving attributes no?
    Depends on the situation. Imo if say the old gods loosed another curse that void touched everyone or something and the Sha'tar landed, declaring they would put down everyone touched by the void and Lightforge or kill the rest then Xal could be an unlikely hero. It's better when things aren't so clearly definable.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Yeah, in that that sort of power corrupts anyone. Drives them to do mad things, like start wars or stockpile arms out of fear.

Depends on the situation. Imo if say the old gods loosed another curse that void touched everyone or something and the Sha'tar landed, declaring they would put down everyone touched by the void and Lightforge or kill the rest then Xal could be an unlikely hero. It's better when things aren't so clearly definable.
    ive been doing the pandaria quests recently as i level up and taran zhu makes reference to the horde and alliance war, multiple times, as "nothing more than a race war". Given that this is the first time we are having a faction war since then it is kind of interesting that khadgar says somewhat the same thing.

it would be cool that Shatar thing rather than the usual faction war for 0.5 of the expansion, realising that nzoth is the great baddy and coming together as if nothing happened again.
    Yes I play alliance. No I dont hate the Horde. Yes I believe there are bad people in both factions. Yes, in the end this is a business and blizzard wont let one faction win over the other completely.

Maybe it's someting like saronite. Blood of old god that can do "things"? Both are ores with power both can corrupt everything.