Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Black Qiraji War Tank, Upgrade Your Account Security and Get a Backpack Upgrade

Patch 7.3.5 - Alliance and Horde Epilogue Cinematics

Black Qiraji War Tank
    Muffinus let players know that the Black Qiraji War Tank is a reward for players that already had the Scarab Lord title.

Upgrade Your Account Security and Get a Backpack Upgrade
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We take account security seriously, and we know you do, too. So, when you add Blizzard SMS Protect to your account along with either the Blizzard Authenticator (physical or mobile app), you’ll gain four extra bag slots—account-wide—in each character’s main backpack. You’ll be able to hold a little more stuff as you adventure through Azeroth, and keep that stuff safer from scoundrels and thieves.

What Is Blizzard SMS Protect?
    Blizzard SMS Protect lets you perform certain account actions from your mobile phone (such as removing your Authenticator), and can be set up to provide you with account activity notifications. All you need is a supported text-enabled cell phone to get started.

What can SMS Protect do for you?

• Unlock your Blizzard account
    • Remove a damaged or lost Blizzard Authenticator
    • Recover your account name
    • Reset your password

In addition, you can turn on alerts to have text messages sent directly to your phone notifying you of certain kinds of account activity, like password changes and security feature additions or removals.

These text messages are an easy way to help protect your account from unauthorized access and changes.

Remember, you can further safeguard your account by never sharing your password, using unique passwords on each site you visit, and staying aware of potential email and phishing scams.

For more information on Blizzard SMS Protect and a link to set it up, visit the FAQ.

Learn more about what you can do to help safeguard your account by reviewing our security checklist.

Where Can I Get the Blizzard Authenticator?
    Don’t have an Authenticator on your account? Download the free Blizzard Authenticator mobile app for iOS or Android, or purchase a physical Blizzard Authenticator from the Blizzard Gear Store. Visit the Blizzard Authenticator article for more information, or head to the setup page to get started after you’ve downloaded the app.

As an additional bonus, when you add an Authenticator to your account, you’ll find the always feisty and fiery Core Hound Pup in-game pet waiting for you.
    Last edited by chaud; 2018-01-17 at 05:04 AM.

Still think, being that it's a new model and the source of the original one is from something that happened over a decade ago, that they should have made that mount a newly obtainable thing. Don't care how hard or rare it would've been. OH well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Still think, being that it's a new model and the source of the original one is from something that happened over a decade ago, that they should have made that mount a newly obtainable thing. Don't care how hard or rare it would've been. OH well.
    no they shouldnt have. And thinking like that is why wow is the shitshow it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    no they shouldnt have. And thinking like that is why wow is the shitshow it is today.
    Give a good argument, beyond "muh prestige". why?

And while you're at it, also give a good explanation for why WoTLK Scarab Lords are ok, and not a total destruction of Scarab Lord prestige.

And after that, why the Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank is ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by V1ndictive View Post
    Meh. I guess this is fine. I mean, giving out a free mount to people for something they did like 12 years ago seems odd, but I'll go with it.
    Yeah. Can't wait until TBC Gladiators get a free mount.

No, exclusivity and the idea that making things 'difficult' (see: requires X amount of people or grinding, rarely ever strategy) to get is rewarding is exactly what made this game the shitshow it is.

People like you just can't seem to separate that from the dopamine releases in their brains. I swear dopamine addicts are going to ruin gaming.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-01-17 at 05:11 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough that people have something that was nearly impossible to obtain...but now they get a second something for doing literally nothing.

Isn't that something you people complain about, people getting something super rare for doing absolutely nothing at all?

It's content for literally like 250 people across the entire game. Really glad they spent art team time on that. I don't care that I can't get it anymore (ok I do a little because that was horse shit even at the time), I care that it's a totally irrelevant piece of content for a microscopic fraction of players, many of whom probably aren't even playing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Not enough that people have something that was nearly impossible to obtain...but now they get a second something for doing literally nothing.

Isn't that something you people complain about, people getting something super rare for doing absolutely nothing at all?
    This.

And that aside, a vast majority of current Scarab Lords (in all likelihood and probability) are WoTLK ones. I'd like Zeta333 to explain how it's okay that not only do they get to cheese something that he considers prestigious long after it's relevant, but they also get a second exclusive mount for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callinon View Post
    It's content for literally like 250 people across the entire game. Really glad they spent art team time on that. I don't care that I can't get it anymore (ok I do a little because that was horse shit even at the time), I care that it's a totally irrelevant piece of content for a microscopic fraction of players, many of whom probably aren't even playing anymore.
    To be frank, I don't even want the Black Qiraji Battle Tank and the Scarab Lord title. I made my peace with the fact that I missed out on it, plain and simple, and respect that.

But when they put current development time into a new model, with new textures and even a new design, I'm miffed when it's given to people who did a thing a decade ago, years before an updated model was even conceived by Blizzard.

This.

And that aside, a vast majority of current Scarab Lords (in all likelihood and probability) are WoTLK ones. I'd like Zeta333 to explain how it's okay that not only do they get to cheese something that he considers prestigious long after it's relevant, but they also get a second exclusive mount for it.
    He can't, because like every other prestige lord or exclusive dirt bag they can't give any reason why their designs are good other than it feels good to them: IE slaves to dopamine releases.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Iam sure the few hundred who still play who have that mount will be very pleased.

Such a great use of dev time like these ridiculous 3 days a year mounts that will prolly disappear when its over and you need to get them again next year just for 3 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    He can't, because like every other prestige lord or exclusive dirt bag they can't give any reason why their designs are good other than it feels good to them: IE slaves to dopamine releases.
    Well, that is one argument to make. If he thinks prestige is good, that can be a valid argument.

But in this case, he'd have to descend into some heavy cognitiv dissonance to explain why the aforementioned things are ok.

1. Scarab Lords in WoTLK that cheesed it then and there when the content was 10 times easier.
    2. The people owning the Cataclysm-introduced Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank.

Mind you, the first group owns the direct mount and title that is supposed to be prestigious, and the second group owns the same model in a different coloration.

This one is an entirely new model with new textures. That's like introducing new Nether Drake models and giving them only to old TBC Gladiators.

Well, that is one argument to make. If he thinks prestige is good, that can be a valid argument.

But in this case, he'd have to descend into some heavy cognitiv dissonance to explain why the aforementioned things are ok.

1. Scarab Lords in WoTLK that cheesed it then and there when the content was 10 times easier.
    2. The people owning the Cataclysm-introduced Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank.

Mind you, the first group owns the direct mount and title that is supposed to be prestigious, and the second group owns the same model in a different coloration.

This one is an entirely new model with new textures. That's like introducing new Nether Drake models and giving them only to old TBC Gladiators.
    The problem with it feeling good is that it's just objectively not. You said it yourself, it was cheesed it WotLK and it actually isn't all that difficult to do, more than anything required timing.

It's this kind of exclusive mundane shit that people like him exalt to the mountains when it fundamentally means nothing other than the dopamine release in their brains. It's pathetic and designing the game around it shows Blizzard cares more about their whales than their consumers.

Deleted
    So I don't get the additional bag space if I only have the physical authenticator attached to my account?

The problem with it feeling good is that it's just objectively not. You said it yourself, it was cheesed it WotLK and it actually isn't all that difficult to do, more than anything required timing.

It's this kind of exclusive mundane shit that people like him exalt to the mountains when it fundamentally means nothing other than the dopamine release in their brains. It's pathetic and designing the game around it shows Blizzard cares more about their whales than their consumers.
    Myeah, I don't know. I'm not ready to debate the merits of prestige in games, and I definitely don't mind the existence of the original Black Qiraji Battle Tank mount and Scarab Lord title.

It's just that if you want to make the case that the new Black Qiraji War Tank being obtainable by players currently stomps on the prestige of original Scarab Lords, then you'll have to deliberately ignore the far more egregious cases of "prestige-stomping" that are the WoTLK Scarab Lords and Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why reward folks that already got a mount and title that's super rare?

The thing is, it's fine for there to be time limited/unobtainable content. People who don't have Scarab Lord (or some of the other unobtainable titles like Immortal, Obsidian Slayer, etc.) have long since accepted that they missed that boat, and it's fine, because they still got things that others could not later obtain like say the Vampiric Batling/Onyxian Whelpling pets.

What rubs me the wrong way about this particular situation is the fact that they actively spent art/development/design time to add a new unique mount model to the game that's only obtainable by people that hit a gong 12 years ago. That feels like it's developers deliberately rubbing the faces of those that started playing after Vanilla in it. Why does that even make sense to do? Those people were already rewarded in the first place.

No, exclusivity and the idea that making things 'difficult' (see: requires X amount of people or grinding, rarely ever strategy) to get is rewarding is exactly what made this game the shitshow it is.

People like you just can't seem to separate that from the dopamine releases in their brains. I swear dopamine addicts are going to ruin gaming.
    funny cus as soon as they got rid of that exclusivity and prestige is when the pop count took a fucking nose dive and people and guilds were quiting in droves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post

They got an updated model for somthing that hadnt been touched in somthing like 12 years. Why do you deserve somthing that an organized guild and most of a server had to work to get one person? Why do you deserve that?

funny cus as soon as they got rid of that exclusivity and prestige is when the pop count took a fucking nose dive and people and guilds were quiting in droves.

- - - Updated - - -

They got an updated model for something that hadnt been touched in somthing like 12 years. Why do you deserve somthing that an organized guild and most of a server had to work to get one person? Why do you deserve that?
    No one is touching the old mount or title. It's still around and still unobtainable.

This is a new model, with a new design (the old one had no beak and bony protrusions and spikes), with new textures, with current development time put into it.

I like the fact that you didn't tackle my earlier points about the WoTLK Scarab Lords and the Archaeology Battle Tank doing far more to diminish the prestige of the Black Qiraji Battle Tank, though. Because you know you can't.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2018-01-17 at 05:30 AM.

My only complaint is that it should have been a flying mount

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    What rubs me the wrong way about this particular situation is the fact that they actively spent art/development/design time to add a new unique mount model to the game that's only obtainable by people that hit a gong 12 years ago. That feels like it's developers deliberately rubbing the faces of those that started playing after Vanilla in it. Why does that even make sense to do? Those people were already rewarded in the first place.
    Yes. I was assuming that the Qiraji mounts they added in 7.3.5 wouldn't just be thrown to Scarab Lords especially because they were a new thing. I've never complained about the original Black Qiraji Battle Tank, but the fact that they made these new ones for no reason, just to gift it to a group of people that already got one unique mount and title more than 10 years down the line rubs me wrong.