Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

Which vanilla zones have good stories and are worth going through now that you can't out level a zone anymore?

Dosen't matter if horde or alliance.
    Alliance: Westfall, Duskwood, Ashenvale.

Horde: Silverpine Forest, 1k Needles, Stonetalon.

You must bear in mind though that stories in Vanilla aren't nearly as linear or self-contained as in post-Cata zones. My favourite is the old version of the You Are Rakh'likh, Demon quest. Oh, and The Missing Diplomat isn't bad at all, although it's Ally-only.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    I loved blood elves lore in Eversong and Ghostlands, also pre-Cata WPL and EPL were awesome zones. As for now, new Forsaken lore is decent (Silverpine, Hillsbrad). Hinterlands are good as well. That's all I can recall, i did post-Cata questing once and it was like 7 years ago.
    Ghostlands is fun, but aggroing a bat or a lynx every five steps got old.
    Putin khuliyo

I love Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine, especially on Classic. The lore is really interesting and engaging and carries on directly from WC3. Really enjoyed WPL/EPL too. Eversong and Ghostlands are probably my favourite zones

Also Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes I loved too

Quote Originally Posted by TripleH77 View Post
    Personally, it was the quest in Un’Goro Crater where you must explore the zone to stumble upon a raft that has washed ashore. Then you’ll be asked to find out who the raft might belong to and eventually you should encounter a male gnome dressed in green who is supposed to be a tribute to Link from the Zelda series. Next he will give you lots of fun quests with some ft. more references to Zelda. Find more about it here - this article covers on the zones so you should also know what lvl to aim at
    Don't forget the Donkey Kong references in the northeast cave, the Beatles reference goblin in the center, and the Mario/Luigi references at the town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Alliance: Westfall, Duskwood, Ashenvale.

Horde: Silverpine Forest, 1k Needles, Stonetalon.

You must bear in mind though that stories in Vanilla aren't nearly as linear or self-contained as in post-Cata zones. My favourite is the old version of the You Are Rakh'likh, Demon quest. Oh, and The Missing Diplomat isn't bad at all, although it's Ally-only.
    I'd also add Tirion's Questline in the Plaguelands. IIRC, you had to go out of your way to even start it and just talk to him. One of the most heartfelt moments in Vanilla that prepped me for Wrath even more when it finally came out.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I'd also add Tirion's Questline in the Plaguelands. IIRC, you had to go out of your way to even start it and just talk to him. One of the most heartfelt moments in Vanilla that prepped me for Wrath even more when it finally came out.
    Oh yeah. Definitely one of the highest points in Vanilla
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Please do not necro old threads.

Closing.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis