Feral Spirit & Crash Lightning

I have query regarding the Icy's Veins recommendation to Activate Apha Wolf on Single target (i.e. cast Crash lightning after Feral spirit). AFAIK this is useless on ST fights and only required for Cleave.

Am I missing something or is a mistake on the IV guide ?

Okay, this were i'm confused, the Golden Trait "Doom Wolves" says it passively gives Feral spirits to have elemental attack.
    "Alpha Wolf" caused the wolves to cleave for 8s after Crash lightning is cast !!

So form the what i can read of of the talent tree, i don't see why crash lighting is required for ST ?

Quote Originally Posted by Benni View Post
    Okay, this were i'm confused, the Golden Trait "Doom Wolves" says it passively gives Feral spirits to have elemental attack.
    "Alpha Wolf" caused the wolves to cleave for 8s after Crash lightning is cast !!

So form the what i can read of of the talent tree, i don't see why crash lighting is required for ST ?
    You use CL to activate the "Alpha Wolf" aoe attack that the Spirit Wolves do. Its a passive attack so it doesnt disrupt anything else they do. If you dont use CL then they wont use the attack and they'll do a bit less damage. Its a pretty minor boost but folks have determined that its enough to justify using the GCD on CL in ST.

Doom Wolves is not relevant to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benni View Post

It activates in single target, there is no mistake there. It has since Legion launch.

pretty much CL after you pop wolves, then CL again on CD and the cleave buff will last till they despawn

CL gives buff for like 8 seconds. so cast it again when 8-9 seconds are left for wolfs. TBH lately with this state gear that we have during last raid in exp i miss second CL due to proc chains ;p dunno if its gain or lose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    It activates in single target, there is no mistake there. It has since Legion launch.
    Hail farseer!

Well, the discription sounds like it changes their attacks to be cleave attacks, but it's an quite strong extra attack that cleaves.

Also: the frost wolf activates your frost element buff of the legendary element ring (forgot it's name) with this attack.
    Last edited by Ribesal; 2018-01-22 at 08:36 AM.