Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    *Racial mounts*

They did for Kodos in Legion and in BfA we have seen updated Horses.

I would really like a cool Ram model that isn't tied to PvP please Blizz.
    The updated horse will only be for owners of the original retired Palomino mount. Git gud.

j/k, it'll probably be a rep mount from Kul Tiras, although I hope that like with the kodos, they just update the old horses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I don't think I would trust Blizzard with it. They tend to make a few unwanted changes when they just 'update' the old models. x_x
    I don't know. The new Kodo and Horse mounts look like spot-on updates.

They can't, however, just grab the WoD raptor model and make that the new lvl 20 raptor, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Vertigo View Post
    New Mounts with HD graphics? Yes.

Replacing the old ones? No.

Some people like the old style, even if you count pixels.
    Go for wow classic if you like to count pixels

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Replace everything old. I've looked at it for 13 years already I'm tired of it.
    That should be for each player to decide for themselves, this is an RPG, cosmetics should not under any circumstances be forcibly changed. More options is good, forcing replacements is not.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I really want new mechanostriders that aren't tied to PvP. The old ones just haven't aged so well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That should be for each player to decide for themselves, this is an RPG, cosmetics should not under any circumstances be forcibly changed. More options is good, forcing replacements is not.
    Just do what they did with the race overhaul, add old models as an option in settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Just do what they did with the race overhaul, add old models as an option in settings.
    In theory, yes, however when they did that they did it wrong, because they forced the new models' animations on the old models, and animations are part of cosmetics.

And yes, that also means all the animation updates (weapon swing and spell animations) that happened in Legion, all of those should have also been optional.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-01-19 at 01:49 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    That might cost us a full expansion if they do that.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha made my day man

Tho, I'd like to see update mount models. But from what I've seen in that BFA trailer, I dislike new horses. I pref something more like "Vicious War Steed" kind of skeleton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see the old faction mounts updated....maybe related mounts like a updated brewfest kodo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    They graphically updated the kodos mounts, so I couldn't see them creating updated models of the other mounts and not replacing the old models.
    Wasn't that a minor update because they were absolutely terrible?
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Seethe View Post
    Wasn't that a minor update because they were absolutely terrible?
    I mean a majority of racial mounts are pretty terrible, especially horses and rams imo.

Deleted
    Yes they should really update all racial mounts! However I can't really complain since I play orc and blizz gave us Garn Nighthowl in Warlords ^^

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Many vanilla-era graphics could use updates still.

Including mounts, npcs and possibly armor textures.

And no, I don't mean for Classic servers.

Gnolls right now look so bad compared to the newer Kobold/Yeti/Trogg models.

Now the old world feels like a huge mix of old and newer models, it's kind of a mess. Same goes for quest rewards (which were mostly updated in Cataclysm revamp), compared to old random drops & raid/dungeon loot pre-cata.

Uniformity is important in video games. You can't seriously sit there and tell me that Tier 6 armor sets look better than Tier 20. Tier 20 is superior in every single way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uniformity is important in video games.
    Not if it's a client-side option, then it has exactly 0 importance, because only the person who chooses to see it sees it.

You can't seriously sit there and tell me that Tier 6 armor sets look better than Tier 20. Tier 20 is superior in every single way.
    To you and me, sure, but somewhere out there, there's some people who like the simpler design of T6, and they are, and should be, allowed to use it. Just like people who like the older character models, they can, and should be, allowed to use them. Just like the owners of the Black Qiraji mount, their mount, which they may have attachment to, was not replaced, but a separate one was added so that it can be used optionally. That is how all of these cosmetic updates (both animations and models) should be done.

This is an RPG, cosmetics should not, under any circumstances, be forcibly changed, because in an RPG people get attached to their characters, they pick them based on certain things, like attack animations, if those things change without player input that character can not feel like that player's character anymore, that is, without question, bad.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-01-19 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Updated horses in BfA? Any chance they might be available for Horde? I'm rather tired of not being able to find a non-magical or undead horse.
    You can see updated horses about 40 seconds or so into the BfA game play trailer. They're unsaddled but all color variations are present if you pause and look closely. That said, none of them are armored or saddled. But if they update the base model then all other models will be updated too so saddled, unarmored human horses will most likely be updated. As for horde, hard to say since none of the horses available use the baseline horse model.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Racial mounts, highly likely... with race model updates, and allied races having their own... the rest, seriously doubt it.
    Updating the base model of the racial mounts should open the door for a lot of other mounts to be updated. For example if we got a new saber base with higher polygons, then updating Swift Zulian Tiger with the higher polygon base would become an option at some point, yes?

Not if it's a client-side option, then it has exactly 0 importance, because only the person who chooses to see it sees it.

To you and me, sure, but somewhere out there, there's some people who like the simpler design of T6, and they are, and should be, allowed to use it. Just like people who like the older character models, they can, and should be, allowed to use them. Just like the owners of the Black Qiraji mount, their mount, which they may have attachment to, was not replaced, but a separate one was added so that it can be used optionally. That is how all of these cosmetic updates (both animations and models) should be done.

This is an RPG, cosmetics should not, under any circumstances, be forcibly changed, because in an RPG people get attached to their characters, they pick them based on certain things, like attack animations, if those things change without player input that character can not feel like that player's character anymore, that is, without question, bad.
    You are aware that they took away the option to use the older character models right? You can now only use the new models. I understand what you're saying but it can prove to be very difficult to manage so many different models in-game. Especially with a game as old as World of Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Updating the base model of the racial mounts should open the door for a lot of other mounts to be updated. For example if we got a new saber base with higher polygons, then updating Swift Zulian Tiger with the higher polygon base would become an option at some point, yes?
    Hoping this happens to be the case. I really want everything to be updated already.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are aware that they took away the option to use the older character models right? You can now only use the new models.
    https://i.imgur.com/RJL4vKp.png

FALSE.

The old models are still there and you can still use them, they are flawed, in that it forces you to use the new animations, but the models are still there.

but it can prove to be very difficult to manage so many different models in-game.
    I give 0 shits, if they can't manage more models they shouldn't change anything. No cosmetics should change without the individual player's consent. And if they aren't going to adhere to this, they need to just let us edit the models back ourselves with shit like Tmorph.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-01-19 at 07:11 PM.

https://i.imgur.com/RJL4vKp.png

FALSE.

The old models are still there and you can still use them, they are flawed, in that it forces you to use the new animations, but the models are still there.

I give 0 shits, if they can't manage more models they shouldn't change anything. No cosmetics should change without the individual player's consent. And if they aren't going to adhere to this, they need to just let us edit the models back ourselves with shit like Tmorph.
    I stand corrected I heard they were removed.

Individual player consent? That is laughable. We pay Blizzard for access to the game. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want. They don't need our permission to change their product.

10+ Year Old Account

They don't need our permission to change their product.
    Correct, they don't, but they should leave in the option for us to change it back, anything else is pure laziness and complete disregard for player attachment to their characters.

No cosmetics should change without the player's consent, because players choose things based on cosmetics, if you forcibly change those things the player's character can not feel like their character anymore. And once again, that should absolutely never happen under any circumstances in an RPG.