Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    "We believe deeply in the power of American ingenuity, and we are focusing our investments in areas where we can have a direct impact on job creation and job preparedness. We have a deep sense of responsibility to give back to our country and the people who help make our success possible."
    Strange how that responsibility wasn't felt under the old repatriation codes, guess they could only have created 18,000 jobs and felt that simply wasn't good enough for the American people

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    No reason? Tax rate arbitrage is suddenly no reason?
    Ireland and Apple both agreed to what taxes Apple would pay Ireland and both of them tried to fight the EU over the fine.

It's just another case of the EU going after successful US tech companies.

Well, now Apple is moving all its money out of the EU to where its safe.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I'm sorry, what are you bitching about exactly? That Barack saved the economy from the negligence of the housing and credit and auto industry and Republitards economic policy failures while you were in kindergarten? awwww.
    Lmao what? Everything you just listed is completely false, the fiscal policy adopted by Obama, and the monetary policy adopted by Yellen, his appointed chair of the fed, actually prolonged suffering post 2008, and stagnated growth. We should have seen far greater growth post 2008 immediately, but due to QE it flooded the markets with excess cash that never made it to the people it was supposed to help. As much as I dislike Trump, the economy has at least flourished under his policy, which is great for everyone, ignoring the fact that the markets were down year of year in Obama's final year is ignorance, and its putting someone on a pedestal they don't deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Lmao what? Everything you just listed is completely false, the fiscal policy adopted by Obama, and the monetary policy adopted by Yellen, his appointed chair of the fed, actually prolonged suffering post 2008, and stagnated growth. We should have seen far greater growth post 2008 immediately, but due to QE it flooded the markets with excess cash that never made it to the people it was supposed to help. As much as I dislike Trump, the economy has at least flourished under his policy, which is great for everyone, ignoring the fact that the markets were down year of year in Obama's final year is ignorance, and its putting someone on a pedestal they don't deserve.
    It hasn't trump growth is less than Obamas so far he's just looking like an opportunist. George Bush and Reagan did the same-thing came in with surplus but those turned into deficits.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johndor.../#4dc465be6644

Trump is currently lagging behind Obama on the stock market and deportations.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-18 at 03:36 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

7+ Year Old Account
    Another win for Trump's tax cut and the US economy.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Ill wait for all the details just like with carrier deals and bonus from before.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    yeah... not like this is directly related to the new tax cuts under trump or anything. oh wait, it's directly related to the new tax cuts reducing the choke-hold on business.

Opinion from the left: literally anything good that happens ever is what Barrack did, especially if it took place after he left, and even more especially if Trump had any hand in it, because we are literally incapable of seeing trump as anything other than cheeto hitler. Anything shitty that ever happens is trump, regardless of whether or not he had anything to do with it, and whether it's real or imagined. Trump is the literal devil/hitler/cheeto Cerberus-type final boss we must vanquish through any means necessary! Fuck democracy! Fuck due process! Anyone who doesn't parrot our views is a nazi!
    While I agree with you, you certainly cannot take everything away from Obama. The economy was recovering under him albeit slowly but recovery it was. What gets me is these same people bashing the conservative tax plan probably yelled "ALL HAIL THE CHEF" when Obama put "40 bucks a check" back into our pockets while passing a law that increased healthcare for those that actually have to pay for it by a bare minimum of over 200 dollars per month.

The economy is booming under Trump, his policies are business friendly but one thing the US is getting very good at is denying anything good from the other side of the isle. Obama did some good things, he did some not so good things...Trump isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he is doing some good things and not so good things.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Of course it is multi billion dollar investments are decided in a short few months, it really does not take years of planning and analysis. Yup Trump's plan magically made apple do this just like Softbank decided to invest billions after a cup of coffee /s

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Also California is about to lose a lot of high income taxpayers because they can no longer shift their tax burden from the state to the federal government. I live in California and I hope the state goes bankrupt.
    People keep saying this, but the math does not bear that.

State tax barely affect the super rich people. People in that category made most of their fortune from capital gain which is not taxable. When people say Jeff Bezos’ net worth increased by 10 billion dollars in 2017, it does not mean that he actually made that much in cash. It just meant that the value of his shares increased by that amount in 2017.

Next we have the moderately rich. People that makes 300k - 1M a year. Most of these people make their money from pass through/passive income (profit sharing, dividend, rental income, annuities, etc.) So now they can not deduct their state income tax from their federal income tax. However, they are allowed to deduct 20% from their pass through income. Since CA state tax is based on the federal AGI, in effect this function as a state tax deduction also. This one change alone more than made up for the fact that you now can’t deduct your state income tax. If you incorporate, you can use the lower tax rate for corporation which is capped at 20%. This part does not work for everybody. For some reasons, some professions were excluded from being able to do this.

The new tax bill is so full of loopholes, everybody should gain some benefits. Even people in high income tax states. It is actually worse for people in high property tax states.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they dumped all this money into the US just recently with no big planning. That's just dumb, Apple gogues it's consumer base but they aren't THAT stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Whether this is due to Trump’s policy or otherwise, the people that benefit from this are the people with retirement funds, mutual funds and ETFs. You would be hard pressed to find a fund without some percentage Apple’s stocks as part of its portfolio.

In effect, this change is not helping the people that truly need to be helped. The people that will be employed in Apple’s new campus won’t be the people with high school diplomas, but people with advanced degrees in technology. According to MyVisaJobs.com, Apple filed 4886 applications for H1B visa and 2447 applications for green card between 2014 and 2016. How many more applications are they going to need to submit to fill that new campus?

As an aside, the average salary for H1B visa holders in 2017 at Apple is $144,658, and the average salary for green card holders is $157,330. Does not sound like cheap labor to me.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2018-01-18 at 06:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki Treehorn View Post
    Where do you think the new campus will be built? I'm thinking someplace cheaper like Nevada or Texas. I read that the new campus would not focus on manufacturing, or R&D but more on customer support, so they wouldn't necessarily have to be in Silicon Valley.
    They already said it wouldn't be in either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    People keep saying this, but the math does not bear that.
    Seems like one of those things people just say because they take advice from the last person that talks. Sound familiar?

I for one hope my State does not go bankrupt. Sure it would be nice if we could control home prices better.

Some people just hate California for random reasons with no basis what so ever.

I mean Ransath hates California because a coder in the Silicon Valley does not work as hard as a farmer according to him.