Deleted

Another "what trinket is better" thread ...

Frost dk here. So i was using a 980 Khazgoroth and a 930 Shadow-singed fang. Yesterday after a +15 maw a 950 memento dropped. Should i swap it for the fang or the proc from the fang is better? Any advice is welcomed ( except go SIm it ^ ).
    Last edited by mmocaac9ab7be5; 2018-01-25 at 07:00 AM.

I'd change it. According to herodamage.com (yeah, they sim it for you ) you gain ~16k dps on ST.
    If you don't want to sim it, go to dummy and spent there some time.

From my point of view, memento give you all the time strength, with fang you have to wait for proc.

Deleted
    Even if you dont want to here it. Sim it :P

Trinketlists like herodamage always use a standard profile and Things can be different for individual Characters.

I have absolutely no clue about the Simcraft Program itself. But with Raidbots its super easy(!) to sim yourself. Get the simcraft addon. Type /simc while ingame and copy the complete string. Go to Raidbots.com -> Choose the Option Top Gear and paste the string in the textbox -> you see a list with all items equipped and in your bags -> hit the Checkbox for Memento. Raidbots will now sim a combination of all 3 Trinkets and tell you what is best.

You dont Need to Change anything else. The Standard is always a ST fight.
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2018-01-25 at 08:01 AM.

The issue with giving us two trinkets is that unless one is objectively better one in situation in every way then simming it is the only answer. It's legitimately takes about 20 seconds and is the easiest thing you can do (it's far easier then going a boss for example). Check on Preach gamings video on it. Good video explaining what simming is and why it's not in the least bit advanced or hard to do.

well that depends how strong the other secondary stats are compared to crit, if all 3 are super close on your item lvl then stick to memento, as the passive str gain is rly good for DKs,
    the easiest would be to just to DL simcraft addon, and compare your gear with both trinkets on raidbots

OP do yourself a favor and learn to use Raidbots. It really is easy and you'll never have to ask again. You'll not only know which is better, you'll know exactly how much better, which is better for bosses and which for trash, which to switch when you use different talents or get more tier...

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/topgear

If you want a quick primer on how to use Raidbots, check out this video from Preach:

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pentru View Post
    Frost dk here. So i was using a 980 Khazgoroth and a 930 Shadow-singed fang. Yesterday after a +15 maw a 950 memento dropped. Should i swap it for the fang or the proc from the fang is better? Any advice is welcomed ( except go SIm it ^ ).
    we are frost DKs. every piece of gear we get has to be simmed. I know it sucks when you ask a question and 5 people say "Sim yo self" but its true. youll get the same treatment in the Discord...

shadowsinged is bad ass and BiS at 960+ and the str proc is about 50% of any boss fight. the crit is around the same give or take (source: people who have it).

like Vassago said, check the spread sheets on herodamage and bloodmallet.

personally i'd use the fang and momento in M+ and around the world then Khaz+momento in raid. ilevel will always win for Frost but Khaz is only extra fire damage outside of raid... in ABT is where you get that delicious haste (you [I]should[I] have haste as top dawg stat) buff!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    we are frost DKs. every piece of gear we get has to be simmed. I know it sucks when you ask a question and 5 people say "Sim yo self" but its true. youll get the same treatment in the Discord...

shadowsinged is bad ass and BiS at 960+ and the str proc is about 50% of any boss fight. the crit is around the same give or take (source: people who have it).

personally i'd use the fang and momento in M+ and around the world then Khaz+momento in raid. ilevel will always win for Frost but Khaz is only extra fire damage outside of raid... in ABT is where you get that delicious haste (you [I]should[I] have haste as top dawg stat) buff!
    Can confirm, Shadow Singed Fang - both buffs up-time is usually around 46% for me.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies, apreciated. Guess i`ll check all the sites sugested and decide after what and which.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post

actually Frost is probably the least "sim" required spec in the game as 10ilvl is basically always a "equip it" scenario that isnt the case for every single caster and alot of other melee specs. that asside momento+Fang in M+ and momento+Khaz in raid is the correct answer.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2018-01-25 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted
    Memento is a beast for progression since it has that hidden effect if someone dies near you (50y or sth like that) you get a guaranteed proc from it like pallys retribution.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiazmiaz View Post
    Memento is a beast for progression since it has that hidden effect if someone dies near you (50y or sth like that) you get a guaranteed proc from it like pallys retribution.
    Yeah but you don't want people to die! That's the key to progression!! 20/20 alive whole fight!
    Yes the bonus feature is neat. It procs a lot by itself already. You don't want that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pentru View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, apreciated. Guess i`ll check all the sites sugested and decide after what and which.
    Bunch said what to use silly, why check other sites lol
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual