Blood: Question about Ossuary, bone shield, rune recharge and haste

Hello, I'm planning on leveling up my Blood Death Knight and I have a question. The Ossuary talent says:
    "While you have at least 5 Bone Shield charges, the cost of Death Strike is reduced by 5 Runic Power."

If you have no haste the rune recharge time is 10 seconds and only 3 runes can recharge at a time correct? Marrowrend grants 3 stacks of Bone Shield correct?
    This would mean that every 10 seconds you can cast 1.5 marrowrend and get 4.5 Bone Shield charges.

The internal cooldown on Bone Shield is 2 seconds so those 4.5 charges would be eaten up in 9 seconds.

While it's highly unlikely that you have zero haste am I correct in assuming that with low haste you would never be able to get those 5 Bone Shield charges and get the talent to work?

Deleted
    Yeah playing BDK with low haste is super annoying in general. Esp. at the start of Legion when Magic Attacks where still consuming BS Charges BDK was terribad. But anyway there are a few things that will help you:

- Minor Trait Rattling Bones: 30% Chance for Marrowrend to grant you an extra Charge of Boneshield
    - While Boneshield is up you gain +10% Haste
    - Minor Trait Mouth of Hell: You now have 2 Copies of your Weapon when using DRW. If you Marrowrend with DRW up you will get 10 Stacks
    - Only 'connected' melee atacks consume a Charge. If you parry a melee attack no Charge is consumed. Magic Attacks dont consume at all (Thank god they changed it after Emerald Nightmare)
    - Most Bosses have a 1,5s Swing timer. As Long as you are not tanking multiple Mobs its unlikely that Charges are consumed on CD.

So the Situation that you cannot make use of Ossuary is pretty much non existend in realistic szenarios
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2018-01-18 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Yeah playing BDK with low haste is super annoying in general. Esp. at the start of Legion when Magic Attacks where still consuming BS Charges BDK was terribad. But anyway there are a few things that will help you:

- Minor Trait Rattling Bones: 30% Chance for Marrowrend to grant you an extra Charge of Boneshield
    - Minor Trait Mouth of Hell: You now have 2 Copies of your Weapon when using DRW. If you Marrowrend with DRW up you will get 10 Stacks
    - Only 'connected' melee atacks consume a Charge. If you parry a melee attack no Charge is consumed. Magic Attacks dont consume at all (Thank god they changed it after Emerald Nightmare)
    - Most Bosses have a 1,5s Swing timer. As Long as you are not tanking multiple Mobs its unlikely that Charges are consumed on CD.

So the Situation that you cannot make use of Ossuary is pretty much non existend in realistic szenarios
    Thank you

To elaborate more (could be wrong on it tho - long time passed since i leveled my dk) even without bolded trait with drw you get more charges (not 10 tho that needs the trait) - its because the (each) copy of your weapon does same attacks as you do (few exceptions like dnd, blooddrinker and consumption) and gives same benefits - so each copy will do 3 (30% for 4 with Rattiling Bones) stacks of Boneshield, additional instances of Blood Plague dot from BBoil etc.

My favorite artifact trait, that got me using vampiric blood a lot more, is Umbilicus Eternus: your blood plague damage is added to a buff during vampiric blood. Once vampiric blood ends, whatever damage your blood plague did is converted to an absorb shield. This becomes huge with DRW and/or packs of mobs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    To elaborate more (could be wrong on it tho - long time passed since i leveled my dk) even without bolded trait with drw you get more charges (not 10 tho that needs the trait) - its because the (each) copy of your weapon does same attacks as you do (few exceptions like dnd, blooddrinker and consumption) and gives same benefits - so each copy will do 3 (30% for 4 with Rattiling Bones) stacks of Boneshield, additional instances of Blood Plague dot from BBoil etc.
    Absolutley true with one exception. DRW does copy Consumption

Also though the healing done by DRW abilities heals the Dancing Rune Weapon that cast the spells. So healing spells like Blood Plague dot, Death Strike, Consumption don't benefit from the extra Weapons other than damage dealing.

(not sure how Umbilicus works though if it counts DRW dots in the shield or not)

Absolutley true with one exception. DRW does copy Consumption
    Didnt know that thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Also though the healing done by DRW abilities heals the Dancing Rune Weapon that cast the spells. So healing spells like Blood Plague dot, Death Strike, Consumption don't benefit from the extra Weapons other than damage dealing.

(not sure how Umbilicus works though if it counts DRW dots in the shield or not)
    I was preatty sure that healing from BPlague, DS etc. healed the caster not the weapon (the weapon does have some hp i think but dunno if it even can be damaged killed - never tried to test this), but again could be wrong like in that consumption above. Same goes for UE counting extra dots for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post

Nah, thats not true. @Toore is right. I mean, yes if you look into the logs it looks like this:

00:00:08.624 Schlars Death Strike Schlars +406410 (O: 2231987)

00:00:08.624 Rune Weapon 1 (Schlars) Death Strike Rune Weapon 1 (Schlars) +193667 (O: 630833)

00:00:08.624 Rune Weapon 2 (Schlars) Death Strike Rune Weapon 2 (Schlars) +193667 (O: 630832)

But as you can see, if you check some logs the Rune Weapon itself does not take damage. So if it would actually heal itself DRW had to be 100% overheal, which is not the case.

Umbilicus does benefit from the extra Instances of BP created by DRW. And you will get 3 Stacks of the Legendary Shoulders from using BB while DRW is up aswell.

@Schlars One more thing about consumption being affected: does it create more instances of vamp aura (if enough targets so in raid f.e.)?

Deleted
    Sadly not =) Its always 5 Targets. If it would work it would make Consumption /w DRD a pretty strong Raid CD

Ya that was my thought, would be fun and nice to have tho!