fullscreen youtube slows down wow

All of a sudden, when playing wow and watchin some YouTube video on the 2nd screen, wow turns into a slideshow if I put it fullscreen, goesback to normal if I put it regular size, never had this issue until today. Using opera btw to view YouTube.

Could this be a side effect of the specte/meltdown bios update or something to do with the latest Nvidia drivers?

could be to do with wow breaking everything with only another 8+ hour maintenance to fix it.

Turn off hardware acceleration in browser if it isn't already. But wow fps is fucked atm anyway, won't be fixed until they re-launch the entire patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I'd try the various culprits. Disable foreground/background fps caps, turn off vsync, change to fullscreen/windowed fullscreen also as durrtygoodz said disable hardware acceleration in your browser. All that crap. I highly doubt the two intel flaws had anything to do with your frame issues however. They (mostly) effect server related things.

Well the wow patch did not make any difference, thing is it always worked fine, just recently got issues, and I noticed today that if the wow window is not the main focus window it's fps stays high, but as soon as I click on it it will start plummeting to single digits.

May try ddu and driver reinstall.

Seems turning off hardware acceleration did the trick (now that I finally discovered the setting)
    Last edited by Denpepe; 2018-01-20 at 03:23 PM. Reason: found solution ?