Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will Maintenance Destroy The Leveling Fixes?

Please tell me that after this maintenance is over, Mobs will still take more than 1 hit to kill in questing gear. I abandoned BoAs to experience the new leveling. We finally have it back to roughly where it was in cata. The leveling outside of dungeons is perfect. Please don't kill it. I like having to use more than one ability. What do you guys think? Have they stated if this is changing or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    90-100 is changing so mobs have less health in raids and the open world.

I wish the rest was changing too.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think all the complaints have created a tornado of confusion and obfuscation to the point where I don't even know what people are complaining about anymore.

Before it was easy to level, now it's easy to level, it always was unless you rewind time all the way back to Vanilla before the Midsummer Fire Festival was implemented and it's still going to be easy. I just don't get it. Are they complaining because it is too easy or??
    Last edited by msdos; 2018-01-19 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not changing all of it, just 90+. I guess they felt that section did not match the pace of the rest of the levelling experience. I wouldn't be surprised, the last time I levelled through Draenor content (albeit without heirlooms as I hadn't upgraded them at the time), it was difficult to maintain interest because of the natural slowdown, given that Cataclysm and MoP were only 5-level expansions. I think if anything this will be a very positive change, smoothing out the rate of levelling now that the expansion is so far from relevance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

yesterday I was easily taking down 6 mobs at once while being sloppy and barely losing health.

It wasn't difficult. Just took longer.

Easy or difficult is not the key of complaints.

Key is that complainers (including myself) would like leveling times to stay as they are, regardless the difficulty of questing.

On a side note, nerf to mobs’ hps (I hoped also to mobs’ damage but there’s no mentioning about this so I suppose it won’t be changed) in MoP and WoD were necessary, it was just impossible even to complete normal quests because named mobs had too much health.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I think all the complaints have created a tornado of confusion and obfuscation to the point where I don't even know what people are complaining about anymore.

Before it was easy to level, now it's easy to level, it always was unless you rewind time all the way back to Vanilla before the Midsummer Fire Festival was implemented and it's still going to be easy. I just don't get it.
    Because most players have never played games that require insane leveling grinds. They don't want to put in the time for it and expect to get everything easily because they leveled "one" character to max level "once".

I mean monsters only got an HP boost and people are going crazy because they can't press 1 and see a dead mob on their screen. It's ridiculous.

Imo those people should just buy boosts if they hate leveling so much. Work overtime 2-3 hours and pay yourself a boost.

Not everyone is lazy, some people actually like spending time, you know, playing the game.. Anyway I'm glad they changed the leveling even if not perfect it's much better than grinding dungeons for 1 week straight to get to max level..
    Last edited by alexchaos; 2018-01-19 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Because most players have never played games that require insane leveling grinds. They don't want to put in the time for it and expect to get everything easily because they leveled "one" character to max level "once".

I mean monsters only got an HP boost and people are going crazy because they can't press 1 and see a dead mob on their screen. It's ridiculous.

Imo those people should just buy boosts if they hate leveling so much. Work overtime 2-3 hours and pay yourself a boost.

Not everyone is lazy, some people actually like spending time, you know, playing the game like.. Anyway I'm glad they changed the leveling even if not perfect it's much better than grinding dungeons for 1 week straight to get to max level..
    I don't know. I don't see why following the example of games that require insane level grinds is necessarily a good thing?

We're soon approaching a 120 level cap. That means the base Classic content, plus seven expansions of leveling to get through to get a single character from 1 to 120 to be able to jump into what is considered current content.

Of course it can't be as long and tedious as it was in Classic. During those times, 60 was cap. Right now, it's double that.

People that want to level slowly or take longer should certainly have the option, but I think people that want to rush through it quickly ought to be able to do so too.

That aside, I have no issue with the scaling itself. That is separate from my view on leveling speed.

Leveling remains unchanged. It's just the old raid content that's being nerfed back down.

I hope so. Increased mob hp and xp required is an awful idea.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

earlier when we gain a lvl we would whisper DING ! and celebrate gaining a lvl after a couple of hours ! you should work on sth to gain a reward ! now even with increasing the xp required for each lvl its still fast and mobs dying fast with heirloom gears...changing the world to scale ur lvl is a great change and the xp increase doesnt even noticable that much !
    crying babies just want everything rdy at their will!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess is just the old raid (mainly wod and mop raids) content fix

Andraste willing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azshanna View Post
    earlier when we gain a lvl we would whisper DING ! and celebrate gaining a lvl after a couple of hours ! you should work on sth to gain a reward ! now even with increasing the xp required for each lvl its still fast and mobs dying fast with heirloom gears...changing the world to scale ur lvl is a great change and the xp increase doesnt even noticable that much !
    crying babies just want everything rdy at their will!
    They increased the XP you get from mobs or quests in the world?

the majority hate the new leveling bs. Its more or less the exact same as before the patch. Except killing mobs takes longer. its not challenging, its boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't know. I don't see why following the example of games that require insane level grinds is necessarily a good thing?

We're soon approaching a 120 level cap. That means the base Classic content, plus seven expansions of leveling to get through to get a single character from 1 to 120 to be able to jump into what is considered current content.

Of course it can't be as long and tedious as it was in Classic. During those times, 60 was cap. Right now, it's double that.

People that want to level slowly or take longer should certainly have the option, but I think people that want to rush through it quickly ought to be able to do so too.

That aside, I have no issue with the scaling itself. That is separate from my view on leveling speed.
    I'm not for Blizz making WoW a grindfest, but players one shotting mobs while leveling is really bad design from a devs point of view.
    If you one shot everything as you go, is there even a point to go out and level a character? If that's really what people want, blizz should just remove levels entirely as it makes the journey completely useless.

While their method was not the best, it still feels better than what it was before if you think from their point of view.

In another post I wrote that Blizz should've did a level shrink instead of Ilvl shrink for BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Vanilla 1-30,
    BC 30-35,
    WOTLK 35-40,
    Cata 40-45,
    MoP 45-50,
    WoD 50-55,
    Legion 55-60,
    BFA 60-65.
    Considering zone scaling would be added anyway, total leveling time can be reduced, item level is also reduced at the same time, we get less power creep per expansion if they follow the +5 lvl per xpac, get spells/talents faster while leveling and actually feel like your character grows and it feels much less overwhelming for new players to reach max level.

While I'm sure some would complain that they are "regressing in level" and don't want their characters to become weaker, whatever Blizz does people always complain..
    Last edited by alexchaos; 2018-01-19 at 03:16 PM.

WoD mobs were pretty bad and needed to have something changed. Hopefully this will help the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This upcoming maintenance doesn't seem to affect MoP outdoor mobs at all if it's the current PTR build.

WoD however :

At level 100 , level 99 ogres in frostfire :

Live = 188k & 203k health.
    PTR = 126k & 137k health.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-19 at 03:39 PM.

They're fixing what wasn't intended, i.e. the increased difficulty of older raids and FPS issues.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    They increased the XP you get from mobs or quests in the world?
    No.

That’s basically why complainers are complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    No.

That’s basically why complainers are complaining.
    Yeah, why in the world didnt Blizzard increase XP gains in the world? It would make everyone happy.

Not only that, if leveling in the world was faster than in dungeons....EVERYONE would be in the world instead of inside instanced content. It would be perfect.

Why Blizzard Such a easy solution.