Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My first one was Lei of Lilies necklace during a BRD run when leveling my priest. Didn't know what the color meant, so I equipped it...

But the one I remember the fondest is the Krol Blade I looted from a dwarf on the bridge before the alliance base in Alterac Valley. Hole c*** the amount of whispers I received was insane

Deleted
    I saw a lei of lilies drop whilst in ST. Was a good day for our priest. Very exciting thing to happen as well since epics were not common at all outside of raids.

I myself got Dragon’s Call (Again, ST) a few years later when levelling my paladin tank in preparation for WOTLK. Still have that sword now.

Gloves of Holy Might, dropped off a hyena in Tanaris on my warrior. Was excited at first until I realized it was leather. Decided I had no use for it so I sold it on the AH (for what I remember to be a very low price).
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-07-12 at 01:33 PM.

I got 3, I used them all.

I was grinding with my priest in northern Felwood, inside a cave killing elementals when Krol blade dropped. Damn it was epic feeling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Were you one of these famous "Warladin" ?
    I was a somewhat successful Grand Marshal Retribution Paladin who raided almost all PvE content when it was current. (:
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Yes, they exist in Legion, and actually sell for a lot since they require level 101.

I got one in BC as well. It was the one that looked like a light saber. Forgot the name.

I have looted bow of searing arrows while leveling in hinterlands on my hunter. First epic ever. But it was in TBC.

Had been using legit helm of narv on my shaman for a long time. Drooped in winterspring of a moonkin.

My very first epic was a Staff of Jordan off a Buzzard in Badlands.

Staff of Jordan dropped for me in Western Plaguelands, followed by an Orb of Deception a few hours later.

I'll never forget how happy that made me.

Yup I got a monocle for mages which I happened to be, dropped in feralas and was level 49, my first ever epic, it was pretty amazing.

Kind of a big difference to now where epic is the base tier of gear and everything lower is just levelling gear or vendor trash.

Purple plate tanking boots. No idea the name anymore, but pretty sure I used it in the 40's range. Then the helm of the salamander guy, which I saw twice and won the second roll (might not be BoE though)

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Oops posted already but yeah Staff of Jordan, Bad Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    I got my first BoE purple in Hinterlands as well!!! Some cloth chest which was a green robe! I was so hyped, evrn though I was a hunter!
    I got that same exact piece for my first ever! Except mine was in Un'goro Crater. How funny that we remember such things so well...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Yes. However, being a noob, instead of selling it for a lot of gold, I equipped it (I didn't make that mistake for the second one).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah my hunter got the Staff of Jordan while I was killing gorillas in Stranglethorn.
    Horde always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. all my first purples came in the form of the Dungeon set 2.0. Never had any BoE drops back then. I played a lot too, I guess I just wasnt in the right places for them.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Purple plate tanking boots. No idea the name anymore, but pretty sure I used it in the 40's range. Then the helm of the salamander guy, which I saw twice and won the second roll (might not be BoE though)
    Dang I'm trying to remember the name of these because I had them drop for me too. My gnome tanking warrior was happy.
    The name is on the tip of my tongue. I want to say boots of evasion but that was a Kara drop in BC.

My first BoE epic was the Lei of Lilies trinket. Dropped off some random stag while I was doing my level 50 rogue quest in Azshara.