Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I remember getting Skullflame Shield on my first toon farming in winterspring. I was WAY more hyped to get Shadowfang to drop though

Closest I ever got to a world drop epic was the blue trinket while leveling in STV killing Naga mobs.

"Blazing Emblem"

https://classicdb.ch/?item=2802

Not an epic, but it was -really- strong for MC/Ragnaros early on so I'm counting it.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=1315/lei-of-lilies was my first! I was a warlock lol, dropped in Eastern Plaguelands

http://www.wowhead.com/item=2099/dwarven-hand-cannon was my first one. Got so excited with it that i immediately started to level a hunter to give it a go! Probably should have sold it though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Skullflame Shield off of undead in that small broken down village north of Light's Hope in Eastern Plaguelands.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Still got the screenshot because i was so pissed off that i didn't sold the first one....

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember the item name, it was either a 1h mace or 1h axe that I got just outside of ZF while I was in a group going to ZF on my warrior. Also saw an epic staff drop in ST while my brother was helping me run the dungeon but it went to a druid due to him getting more use out of it than I would have as a lock.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Got an epic BoE dagger on my hunter (no clue what the name of it was). Thankfully i was smart enough to sell it to pay for my mount.

E: Pretty sure it was this one: http://www.wowhead.com/item=2164/gut-ripper#dropped-by
    Last edited by Ergar; 2018-07-15 at 04:07 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, I will NEVER forget doing UD Strath, and seeing a Teebus blazing long sword drop, and then I won that damn thing. Paid for my epic mount (the 1000g original bad boy mounts) and helped me finish leveling my professions. I got 2.5k for that thing, people were bidding me up for over an hour in Orgrimmar, that thing was such a huge deal lol. But, I can see why, it was MC days and there was almost nothing for a sword rogue back then weapon wise, so that thing was a BEAST!

Damn I miss that Green kodo, what a unique model that never got re-released like a lot of the armorless epics. As a prot warrior though, my guild bought me stockade pauldrons which were BiS until T2, had a lot of toys hahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstripes View Post
    Dang I'm trying to remember the name of these because I had them drop for me too. My gnome tanking warrior was happy.
    The name is on the tip of my tongue. I want to say boots of evasion but that was a Kara drop in BC.
    Boots of avoidance, and they're BiS until T1 boots, and still have some uses later in the game for avoidance sets

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman;49749852[COLOR="#417394"
    - - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Boots of avoidance, and they're BiS until T1 boots, and still have some uses later in the game for avoidance sets
    Dude yes! Thanks!

I was doing some quests with 2 other players off the southern coast of Booty Bay in STV. We were killing pirates around the bay, and a Staff of Jordan dropped. I was playing a holy priest at the time, and the staff was pretty much perfect for my spec. There's a timer on the roll for you to make a decision as to whether or not to roll need or greed. I feel like at the time if you rolled need on it, it would bind to you. The staff was not good for anyone else's spec, but the group argued that we should roll greed for it. However, even though they said that's what we should do, no one clicked greed... I realized that if I clicked greed, they would simply need it and then hearth out... in the end, at the last second, everyone rolled need. I won it, just barely. They dropped group immediately and hearthed out, calling me several names etc. etc.. I think that they wanted to sell it for gold and were very upset about it...

However for me, it was my first epic, and my only epic until almost a year later. I used it all the way through Molten Core until I got Benediction from Executus in MC.

I actually do recall some players getting quite mad at me for still using the Staff of Jordan at 60. At some point there were comparable or better staves from Dire Maul. At the time I didn't understand how stats worked, and I though a purple was surely better than a blue. Hah...

I actually feel a bit guilty for how I saw the game back then, and I wish i'd wisened up about MMORPGs more quickly. In any case though, that staff is a really good memory, and I'm pretty sure i still have it in my bank somewhere.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

I remember looting the epic ring (Underworld something, +10 to shadow spells) in Tanaris. A lvl 40 or so epic, which was actually pretty rad.
    Had no character using shadow spells, but I kept it safe in a bank for more than one year. Then I finally started to level a warlock, and send it to her. This ring wasn't replaced before deep into TBC leveling.

So fuck yeah, I did experience this "world BoE purple"
    It's one thing I like in Vanilla : slower leveling and much lower power curve means that when you get a really good piece of gear, it can last for a very, very long time. It's significant.
    Last edited by Akka; 2018-07-19 at 08:43 AM.

I dropped my first world BoE epic in 2007 in TBC, despite starting WoW in 2004. Felt gooooood. I remember dropping quite a lot of blue though so I guess it made up for it.

I once got the:

LIFESTONE

Whilst I was leveling and doing random quests (probably killing dinosaurs, slimes or gorillas) around level 50 in the Un'Goro Crater during The Burning Crusade it dropped ... I was so so happy!

I played a Priest and kept it for myself since it was my first ever purple item.

Very silly indeed, as I obviously didn't need it as a Shadow Priest haha, but back then trinkets were rare and I wanted to use it in a slot. Nevertheless, it did help in PvP encounters I kind of miss items being ultra rare like that now...
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

15+ Year Old Account
    I had a few drop but I only remember a couple. One was when farming...something, maybe slugs, in EPL by Light's Hope and the ring for melee dps/tanks in vanilla dropped, I was ok on gold and raiding for better so sold it to a guildie for cheap. The other was in Cata (I think) when I was opening lockboxes gathered for The Insane and got a Teebu's.

Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2018-07-20 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Yes, I got the mail gloves w +weapon skill or whatever in Tanaris near the silithid area. Doesn't hold a candle to the feeling I had getting the QS book from my first tribute run. That was epic.

15+ Year Old Account
    First epic I ever saw drop was in Mara off Princess while on my shadow priest. It was the Blade of Eternal Darkness. We had a mage in the group and after the group explained to him how much better it was for a shadow priest who uses shadow magic that puts a debuff on targets so they take more shadow damage, he passed on the roll and let me have it. I actually used that for a very long time because my friends on the server had it enchanted with shadow power. I remember replacing it with my epic staff from my first run of MC.

First BOE epic I saw was in Silithus off some cultist. It was the Gut Ripper. I thought about selling it but ended up giving it to my rogue alt.

Deleted
    I got my first one during TBC while leveling a character in STV, near Zul'Gurub. It was also a staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Robes of Insight (old vanilla stats & effect: Robes of Insight).

Actually got it in Zul'farrak, but as a lowly 45 Warlock at the time and having horrendous gear due to quests & mobs I took it and equipped it right away.
    Thought the spirit, intellect and the effect was far superior than any other chest item and therefore I needed it. Had no qualms with the rest of the party for doing so as I equipped it.

It wasn't until recent years when I finally delved into coefficients, stats and effects that it was actually horrible. Not entirely unusable, but a stamina piece with a + spell damage done would've been far better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    My first ever world drop purple was the most exciting moment I had in Vanilla until I got a 10 storms helm for my Shaman later down the line(thing looked so sick).

At the time of my world purp I was leveling as Enhance(the glorious 2 handed windfury days)

I was doing Sunken Temple(and man was old sunken temple a bear) we had to break like half way through and send somebody back to town to find replacements we almost gave up multiple times it was hell. And we were clearing through some random hall and a snake drops a Kang the Decapitator. And i was literally at the minimum level to equip it. I rolled a 99. 1 person passed because he was my bud and a Mage so couldn't equip it. Beat the other 3 though and while I probably could have made a pretty penny at the time on the AH I said f*** it and equipped it since it fit my spec so well. Levelling was a breeze and I used it for quite a while, maybe all the way to 60 even..cant quite recall. I was straight freakin out i was so excited.
    The first BOE I ever saw drop was in a group in Vanilla, in Sunken Temple.

Somewhere along my travels I acquired a Teebu's and have no idea how it dropped for me.