Thread: Cloning Elvis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Meh theres some debate on the mammoth tbh, I did a paper on it two years ago - more so the ethics involved with it. Food requirements and space being the actual main issue. I can't remember the exact details but the difference between space and food to an elephant is huge, they're also thought to be in herds rather than small packs or pairs.

But yea I'd be completely against cloning any human to be honest. Like you say theres the expectation of living up to a legacy, but imagine from a normal point of view. What if a mother has their 15 year old cloned that died in an accident?
    Devil's advocate, if said mother were unable to clone her child, would she not have another child normally who she would in some similar ways expect to fill the same void?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    the very definition of a great artist
    My thoughts exactly.

I am old enough to remember mom playing Elvis records, and also remember the day he died. As an 8 year old I remember playing in the neighborhood and every house you went to or by had the radio on and they played non-stop Elvis all day. The days when people had doors and windows open during the day and kids never stayed inside, actually weren't allowed inside during the day.

To understand what Elvis did for pop culture and music, or try to compare it to someone of today is hard to do. He came along at the right time, had the looks and charmed the socks off of an entire teenage generation. The drugs part never bothered me, though I am sad he was involved in it and as is with most famous people, no one could stop him.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Devil's advocate, if said mother were unable to clone her child, would she not have another child normally who she would in some similar ways expect to fill the same void?
    Id still say theres a difference.

Having a new child would probably be to fill the void, having a clone of the dead child the expectation would be to get her kid back and carry on like nothing happened. Bring back the aforementioned of putting expectations on clones.