Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I quite like supports, but the thing is if your team refuses to pick a support and you wind up filling, it's usually a terrible game. Your ability to swing the game as a support is reduced, and meanwhile people who stubbornly pick assassins when they have no supports are universally awful players so you've wound up supporting a bunch of bads. Best you can generally do is drag out the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So I've asked a few times this week about taking Mercy, either one of the healers switch to her, or take a Tank or DPS spot to allow me to take her. I've been very surprised at the negativity of the responses to this. It's weird.
    I don't know why some people are convinced she's terrible. She still seems decent to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I think characters like moira and now brigitte will encourage more people to play support, because the default thought of most casuals when it comes to playing support is it's boring. But especially with these characters you can have a lot of fun I think!

So maybe there will be less situations in future where you have to fill support even if you don't want to.

Thing is, both are not suited to fit in a dive comp. In my rank (mid plat) i see a lot of Moira, but they do jackshit for a dive comp and often enough no one picks Ana/Mercy (whom, besides, i cannot play at all, just hate their playstyle so much).

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think we need to get away from the idea that "support = healer". Sure, they bring healing, but they need to be evaluated on their entire kit. Zen's a great support because, despite his lower healing capacity, Discord Orb is a huge boost if your team can focus fire. And dead enemies deal zero damage to heal back. I don't like the new push to talk about "real healers" and "support healers", and the latest of "hybrid healers" that people are trying to pin on Moira and Brigitte. All supports SHOULD be hybrids. You should be questioning taking a Mercy because she's so healing-focused; even with her boost beam you're losing fire strength overall (I don't think mercy is "bad", but she's not without drawbacks). Ana I honestly think needs a rework; she's too hosed by barriers as it is and has no mobility/escape other than a long CD sleep dart that can be tricky to land. I'd want to see her made more aggressive; give her some capacity to climb to sniper nests so that keeping up with the dive team doesn't matter as long as she has LOS.

I'd rather see ALL healers designed around Lucio/Zen/Moira/Birgitte than to have them push to make more Mercy clones. It helps address the problems of playing Support because you can fight back; you may be team-focused but you're not useless in a 1v1 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'd rather see ALL healers designed around Lucio/Zen/Moira/Birgitte than to have them push to make more Mercy clones. It helps address the problems of playing Support because you can fight back; you may be team-focused but you're not useless in a 1v1 either.
    I completely agree with this.

Also, I played Mercy for a number of seasons and primarily play Moira and Mercy now in comp. The frustrating thing is feeling like I have no other choice but TO play a healer in comp if I want to have a reasonable chance of winning. The 3-4 people who instalock dps characters and refuse to change selfishly ensure that the rest of us will almost always play support or tanks if only to have a chance at winning. It's frustrating to feel like the only way I can feel ok about playing McCree or Pharah (or whoever, assuming neither of those is ideal for the map we're on) is if I go to quickplay, where people are screwing around and there's nothing to lose by playing whatever I want. I'd probably heal in comp 80% of the time if I had my choice, but feeling like I have to do it or probably lose makes me resent the situation and those teammates. I don't even care about gaining ranking; most of my friends are ~silver and if I could just tread water there I'd be fine, but when I get to play more without them I go on really long losing streaks and tank my rating a lot of the time.

I usually pick healer since people who do heal tend to be pretty "meh" at it. Sometimes they're out of position, amongst various other issues. It's nice to heal when you have a smart team, or another smart healer, alongside you.