Is the Legion/are Demons done? <Post-ABT Spoilers>

It wasn't really clear. We beat Argus the planet, Argus the Unmaker, and now Illidan and Sargeras are just gonna sit up there and play Scrabble or something for all eternity. But, does this actually mean the Legion's over and we likely won't see many demons in the future? It wasn't really clear as to what's going on or how the demons will react to seeing the head honcho being removed from, well, whatever he was doing (I mean fuck, we didn't actually SEE him until this patch). Is this like a Lich King style "we beat Arthas, Scourge is done" case or not?

Not huge on lore personally, but I'm just curious if there's to be a Burning Legion v3 in our future, or if demons are as done as The Scourge is for the time being (until Bolvar goes apeshit or something, idk, he's definitely plotting something but that's for another thread/another time).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Demons existed before Sargeras was corrupted, from the light and the void clashing during creation (resulting in the twisting nether, which gave birth to demons). Sargeras was the one charged with eliminating demons, but saw how futile it was since they would just be reborn in the nether. Once Sargeras was corrupted, he banded them together. Now he's gone, they'll go back to doing what they were doing, though demons aren't bound in service like the undead were to the LK, so who knows if they'll find a leader or do something else.

Scourge did not go away when arthas died. Blizzard just haven't hired better writers.

In lore-wise, burning legion is gone. Yeah. We destroyed their network but that does not me big name demons are gone.
    There are pretty much endless amount of demons, what made burning legion such threat was that Sargeras forced demons to work along themselves.
    Now, it is free-for-all pretty much. There are tons of smaller "demon alliances/hordes" with big name demon at top. However, no demon submits to other IF they can kill other. That is how demons are.

There will be invasion types and such, demons want to rule and cause mayhem. Just not on such big scale unless there will be someone on power-scale of Sargeras that can intimidate them to work in group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demons are definitely not going away, they 'die' and go to the nether then get reborn, only way to delete them is kill them in their respective plane. We have to kill them in their plane to make them go away, same issue with the elements that's why rag could come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Legion as an organization is likely finished - Sargeras was their creator and their primary motivator, not to mention their command structure was also gutted. Demons themselves will continue to be a thing that might trouble and vex Azeroth to a lesser degree, and there are a number of highly-ranked demons who escaped destruction in Legion such as Jaraxxus and Mal'ganis. Kathra'natir is also a powerful Dreadlord that was imprisoned in the Nightborne Soulstone but not killed outright, and could conceivably escape his predicament at some point.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Argus is dead, demons will die permanently.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The organization is gone, the demon's contract with Sargeras got null.

Still, they are individuals, and can still work towards satiating that ugly arcane hunger, or making contracts with mortals in enchange for their souls, etc. Demons will demonize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Argus is dead, demons will die permanently.
    That's not how it works at all. Argus wasn't the reason they came back, he just sped up the process greatly. They get reborn in the Nether.

OT: Short answer? No. Long answer? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Feels like an Arthas deal to me. Lots of demons running amok still. In fact, somewhere there is a cenematic in one of the quests of an older Andrian and the Draenei guy ordering a final end of the legion.

Deleted
    I think Burning Legion was sort of a reluctant deal for the demons, since Sargeras threatened to outright destroy demons who don't serve him. Now I could see alot of dreadlords affiliating themselves with the forces of Void, among many other "shadowy" demons.

Depends on if blizzard wants to keep Archimonde dead for good. If he isn't then him taking control the legion might still be a universal bad. Most likely they will just go back to how they used to be. Causing problems but on smaller scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demons existed as a force of destruction in the cosmos before the Legion, and that likely won't change. The Legion was a union of the demon races that had never been seen before, and without Sargeras to weld them together through force of will and threat of power, the Legion will likely fracture and cease to exist. However, each of the demon races is dangerous in their own right and while the scale of their danger may now be limited, they've brought worlds to ruin before without Sargeras' guidance. There will probably be a number of factions of the former Legion that turn upon each other, their leaders each striving to replace Sargeras and subdue the others, without any single faction being able to fully dominate. We might see some of these remnants be a smaller-scale danger in the future. The nathrezim are known to have aligned with Void powers and basked in the presence of the Old Gods, so they're probably at the top of the list of potenial demonic threats.

Speaking of the Void, with Sargeras gone, it may be that the Void and its masters will seek to bring the demons into their fold as their agents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    That's not how it works at all. Argus wasn't the reason they came back, he just sped up the process greatly. They get reborn in the Nether.

OT: Short answer? No. Long answer? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Dumb Answer?

NNnnoooooOoOoOoOoOoOoooo
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Thanks everyone for your replies; I realize I wasn't all that clear (hell even reading my OP confuses me, probs why I shouldn't post at 6AM lol); I'm well aware demons will keep existing (much like the Scourge does), but I guess I meant more the aggression and organization they had (also similarly to the Scourge when Arthas was the LK), which as most of you pointed out, is likely done. Of course demons will keep existing (I mean killing them is nigh impossible unless you get them in the Twisting Nether), but it's good to know we probably won't have a Legion v3 unless someone even worse than a corrupted titan comes along.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Just because Hitler blew his brains out didn't mean all Nazi's disappeared. Sadly.