Poll: have you ever dated more than 1 person at the same time openly?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dating: Is it more common place to date more than 1 person at a time?

I am not talking about cheating, nor do I personally want to do it, but I am curious if that is something people do now openly. So the follow up would be have you ever dated more than 1 person at the same time openly?

My answer is NO, and if I found out the person I was dating was doing so, I would end the relationship.

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Poly-amorous and casual dating seems to be more common in my generation/age group.

Not my thing though.

Deleted
    But Dating isn't a relationship....

Yeah I date multiple people and don't expect expect exclusivity till we're serious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    But Dating isn't a relationship....

Yeah I date multiple people and don't expect expect exclusivity till we're serious
    So did the other persons you were dating know you were still seeking other people, or no. Sounds like according to you it's to be expected unless stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I am not talking about cheating, nor do I personally want to do it, but I am curious if that is something people do now openly. So the follow up would be have you ever dated more than 1 person at the same time openly?

My answer is NO, and if I found out the person I was dating was doing so, I would end the relationship.

Indeed. I agree with you.

And to the people wanting to use : in nature argument....in nature animals eat their m8's...

That just seems like a lot of work, tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Indeed. I agree with you.

And to the people wanting to use : in nature argument....in nature animals eat their m8's...
    Hahaha yeah, I felt kind of inspired to ask this question because I am dating someone now and it's been a while, but so much has changed over the last few years. Been reading some really horrible articles on the subject too.

Deleted
    So did the other persons you were dating know you were still seeking other people, or no. Sounds like according to you it's to be expected unless stated otherwise.
    If it came up in conversation yeah, it's just a date. Now I should add that personally by date 3 I usually stay exclusive but until we both agree we want a relationship I don't expect monogamy

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha yeah, I felt kind of inspired to ask this question because I am dating someone now and it's been a while, but so much has changed over the last few years. Been reading some really horrible articles on the subject too.
    I guess you're against speed dating too

10+ Year Old Account

I pressed the wrong button.. Was to say 'no'.

And as well, a note to the picture, what that fucking show is doing is just disgusting and cheap entertainment. Nothing more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    If it came up in conversation yeah, it's just a date. Now I should add that personally by date 3 I usually stay exclusive but until we both agree we want a relationship I don't expect monogamy
    I see what you mean, honestly the term dating really has a lot of different understandings. When I think of dating, I agree with you in terms of a single date not meaning we are going anywhere, BUT!

If I am going on a date it's going to be because I have a romantic interest in the person I am going out with, in other words I am single, if the date doesn't work out, I would say that is when you either wait for the call on either end, or you make it clear, "Yeah I can picture hanging out with you" or "It's nice to have met you" I kind of hate that whole friendzone thing too.

But honestly sometimes Romance just isn't in the cards even if they are a cool person.

Deleted
    I sense Puritans

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you're against speed dating too
    Not at all, to each their own, I make no value Judgements whatsoever I always looked at Speed dating as a way of meeting not really dating dating, I am old and lame HAHAHA!

Deleted
    Not at all, to each their own, I make no value Judgements whatsoever I always looked at Speed dating as a way of meeting not really dating dating, I am old and lame HAHAHA!
    I am currently chatting to multiple guys planning a date for each one, some may consider that dating... Generally though I only consider monogamy if we're actually seeing each other romantically seriously

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    if you are dating on multiple fronts, be honest about and dont promise "ooh, you are the only one".
    you dont have to tell there is another person and you will meet him/her next weekend, but try not to lie often.

Dating has many connotations that depending on culture or societal norms can mean exclusivity or mutual openness. Do you mean dating with sex involved? If there is sex involved, is it understood that there is no relationship to be gained?

Is it just dating with no sex involved? If so again, is it understood that there is no relationship to be gained?

I find it ok to date other people if both parties are understood that there will be no connection between them other than just the gathering?

Take your image in your OP, you have the Bachelor with 20 something women. In this context, he is dating these multiple women to see who he connects with on an emotional and love connection. The women he is dating are all understanding of the fact that he is looking for that connection and know that they may not connect with him.

Then take a look at it from this perspective. How are you going to know who you can connect with if you do not date? Are you going to spend 5-10-10-20 years dating one woman at a time until you find that match? What happens if in that time frame you date 6 or 10 women and none suit you. That is alot of time dating a single person trying to get that connection and only finding out that you never had it.

Now on the other hand, you date multiple women and whether you tell the women or not, you are now able to see just which one can suit you and want to be with. I would personally be open about dating a woman who started getting connected to me and I did not feel the same way but I would not date exclusively one woman at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I pressed the wrong button.. Was to say 'no'.

And as well, a note to the picture, what that fucking show is doing is just disgusting and cheap entertainment. Nothing more.
    Yeah, exactly or call it a game show, which is primarily what it is. It's kind of like fear factor, as in how much are people willing to humiliate themselves on national TV for next to nothing

Deleted
    I'm with you on this one, Mall, I think it's great that relationships have evolved and changed.

But the more modern kinds of relationships aren't for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently chatting to multiple guys planning a date for each one, some may consider that dating... Generally though I only consider monogamy if we're actually seeing each other romantically seriously
    I see what you are saying but generally if I got on a date with anybody it is always because I see them as a romantic interest, unless it's a blind date, which, I am not a fan of.

Deleted
    I see what you are saying but generally if I got on a date with anybody it is always because I see them as a romantic interest, unless it's a blind date, which, I am not a fan of.
    How do you know you're romantically interested? You have to have a few dates to confirm if you're even romantically compatible let alone if the feelings are genuine

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know you're romantically interested? You have to have a few dates to confirm if you're even romantically compatible let alone if the feelings are genuine
    Looks probably, when it comes to dates, I am 90% of the time the one asking, normally, I will strike a conversation like this, maybe just introduce myself, if I feel that strong connection I will see a romantic engagement and go on a date.

I suppose that isn't the same as dating with is just another term for this person has my significant interest so I want to keep going further and see if we can make more things work out.

Yeah, I like to actually get to know someone fall in love and build that attraction.