Poll: have you ever dated more than 1 person at the same time openly?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Probably not common place, but personally I don't see anything wrong with it during couple first dates. One doesn't owe exclusitivity immediately to one person on first or second date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Dating" is the stage between not romantic and a relationship. If there's no explicit agreement to be exclusive, there's no obligation to.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    And to the people wanting to use : in nature argument....in nature animals eat their m8's...
    Pretty shitty analogy. Not eating each other is part of being civilized. Being exclusive while "dating" is not.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-01-20 at 08:01 PM.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    From my perspective it seems a lot more common place then when I was 16-21. Maybe it is the increased ease of meeting people, or people my age having more resources and expectations.

With that said, it isn't for me and if I take a girl out and she is talking to other guys, cool and good for her. But I'm not out here competing for anyone, and I won't waste my time with somebody who wants to keep their options open like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Dating" is the stage between not romantic and a relationship. If there's no explicit agreement to be exclusive, there's no obligation to.

Pretty shitty analogy. Not eating each other is part of being civilized. Being exclusive while "dating" is not.
    ?? is it??? People tend to use that excuse when they talk about it.
    So you can just type anything else animals do that we do not to proof the point that we are not animals anymore so that is a invalid excuse.

Deleted
    Maybe it's a culture thing

Well, it is hard enough to handle one girlfriend, let alone more!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Well, it is hard enough to handle one girlfriend, let alone more!
    Dating isn't a relationship, she isn't your girlfriend

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    ?? is it??? People tend to use that excuse when they talk about it.
    So you can just type anything else animals do that we do not to proof the point that we are not animals anymore so that is a invalid excuse.
    No, it's not. You're trying to compare the biologically driven behavior of humans to a behavior that's never been really relevant to humans. That animals do something is not the baseline for something being "natural", especially as it pertains to human behavior. Your base analogy has to start with human behavior lest it be inherently invalid. Certainly there are/were some behaviors that were eliminated or at least tamed due to evolution and civilization, but these aren't necessarily biologically driven and are generally behaviors that affect others or civilization in general. Monogamy is not one of these.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mom recently reentered the dating world and she went on numerous first dates right after the other. Usually after two or three though it would become exclusive to one person.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is common. When I was single, I felt free to date whoever I wanted to. Just because I was in a dating relationship, did not mean I was committed to only that person. And I felt the other person had that freedom also. Once you are engaged however, different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    all the ladies they can't resist my sexy.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I've never done it...but I have no moral objection to people that do. I don't expect immediate exclusivity with anyone. Obviously, there comes a point where exclusivity is expected...or at least some formal acknowledgement on both sides that it is an open relationship.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

What is this thread even..

I have a girlfriend. She's the one I have sex with and spend my free time with.

I also have a work girlfriend. My girlfriend knows about this. The work girlfriend actually spends more time with me than my girlfriend. There's no sex. It's platonic flirting mostly.

I have many other categories. For example, I currently have an ex-work girlfriend cheating on me with my current work girlfriend, and she's probably hooking up with...

Oh. On Topic. What do you even mean by dating?
    Last edited by belfpala; 2018-01-21 at 04:17 AM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    What is this thread even..

I have a girlfriend. She's the one I have sex with and spend my free time with.

I also have a work girlfriend. My girlfriend knows about this. The work girlfriend actually spends more time with me than my girlfriend. There's no sex. It's platonic flirting mostly.

I have many other categories. For example, I currently have an ex-work girlfriend cheating on me with my current work girlfriend, and she's probably hooking up with...

Sounds like both relationships will end because you're not truly devoted to either. What an awful way to spend your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Sounds like both relationships will end because you're not truly devoted to either. What an awful way to spend your time.
    Didn't answer my question, which was:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Didn't answer my question, which was:

You answer mine.

The guy obviously means going to movies, dinner, road trips, nights together etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    You answer mine.

The guy obviously means going to movies, dinner, road trips, nights together etc.
    You didn't actually ask a question.

personaly it was never for me - getting to know one person at a time was my personal preference, however... i see nothing wrong with dating around. I have also been known to put an end to a potential relationship when he got a little too possessive a little too early, like.. I barely know you and you want use to be exclusive and "steady" ? the fuck? attraction=/=connection. I find a lot of people attractive. but in order to find out if you connect, you have to get to know them. so people date multiple people to see if that connection shows up with any one of them. or sometimes they just date for fun. as long as everyone is on the same page, what exactly is a big deal?

Going to go with the answer someone else gave.

There's dating and there's a relationship.
    One does not always equal the other.

If Jenny and John go out once casually, should John turn down a date from Jessie for a casual date?
    Until you're making an emotional commitment to someone, I don't see an issue.
    Provided there's proper communication and expectations being set in place.
    Which most people prefer to avoid doing, and then cause problems because of ..

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm "old" (closing in on 50) and no. One at the time boys and girls.
    You date one person at the time and if it doesn't work you move on to the next. It files under commitment and respect.