Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age PC release 2nd February

Anyone else excited? I played the non Zodiac version and hear the class system is a lot more fun?

Can't say I am thrilled it has Denuvo though.

I feel more stupid than excited for buying it for the ps4. Well, will probably get it for christmas or something when it's cheap. And yeah, the class system is great. I wasn't a big fan of the ps2 game, but this version was lots of fun to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://i.imgur.com/MDBcBfF.png

It uses Denuvo, might be a deal breaker for some people.

The Meltdown Windows patch performance hit may be exacerbated by Denuvo doing its thing too, and may matter much more on pre Haswell chips.

Should clarify I haven't seen any pre or post patch comparisons specifically focused on Denuvo games.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Already gave the game a 2nd chance with the PS4 release and adding the nice steelbook to the collection.

It's still a shit game. So no, it won't get a 3rd chance.

Meh already got it for PS4. No real point getting it for PC since there's nothing really different about it.

But still a decent game. Arguably in my top 3 of FF games and still just as good as the original 12 imo.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-12 at 10:51 AM.

One of my top 5 favorite games of all-time. I got the steelbook edition for PS4, and I'll definitely pick it up again on Steam. It'll be interesting if any mods come out for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Already told myself I would buy the PC release if it got one now it does nice one square.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, didn't realise it was getting a PC release. Will definitely keep an eye out for it in this years steam Sales.

I have the original collectors edition for the PS2,with it having Denuvo I'm going to wait till it's on sale for $20 or less,I'll buy it full price if they pull Denuvo though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I feel more stupid than excited for buying it for the ps4. Well, will probably get it for christmas or something when it's cheap. And yeah, the class system is great. I wasn't a big fan of the ps2 game, but this version was lots of fun to play.
    How are the other FF games on the PC then?

I pirated Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster to try it out on PC and compare it to my PS4 version and it kind of felt like a atrocity and deleted after a min.

JRPGS need to be played on the console, at least until Japanese developers learn not to make a carbon copy console ports for the PC counterpart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably end up picking it up and adding it to my collection along with XV. I wasn't impressed with it years ago because I felt like it was trying to clone XI while being a single player Final Fantasy. Guess I'll have to give it another try.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I'll probably end up picking it up and adding it to my collection along with XV. I wasn't impressed with it years ago because I felt like it was trying to clone XI while being a single player Final Fantasy. Guess I'll have to give it another try.
    That was the reason why I bought it all those years ago, I didn't have the means to play FFXI back then so this was the best I could do.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's advertised as being 60FPS. But they couldn't release World of FF at 60FPS. Yay consistency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! I've missed that game so much. Will be a must buy! Although I'm not a fan of denuvo, so perhaps I'll wait until it has a 40% discount.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It's advertised as being 60FPS. But they couldn't release World of FF at 60FPS. Yay consistency.
    Not like it means jack shit either way when World is turn based and FFXII is auto pilot MMO combat that basically plays itself once you set it up properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not like it means jack shit either way when World is turn based and FFXII is auto pilot MMO combat that basically plays itself once you set it up properly.
    That is true :-) I honestly don't care that WOFF isn't 60FPS, it feels just fine to me. But the Steam Discussion Board for WOFF are just buried in QQ threads about 60FPS.

I haven't played 12 in so long, I don't even remember the combat. It'll be interesting to get back into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

It's honestly my least favorite game of the series. I also had the non-zodiac version so basically I had to choose between magic or overdrives (whatever they were called). Such a dumb resource system. I remember reading that the Zodiac version of the game fixes that, so maybe that will make the combat more fun for me.

But even if that is the case, the story is so damn uninspired and the characters so bland and pointless. There is a depressing and empty undertone to the game that I don't like and is quite unlike most of the other final fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's honestly my least favorite game of the series. I also had the non-zodiac version so basically I had to choose between magic or overdrives (whatever they were called). Such a dumb resource system. I remember reading that the Zodiac version of the game fixes that, so maybe that will make the combat more fun for me.

But even if that is the case, the story is so damn uninspired and the characters so bland and pointless. There is a depressing and empty undertone to the game that I don't like and is quite unlike most of the other final fantasies.
    Not sure about anyone else, but the only times I had to really choose between Magic and Quickenings was when I ran into mobs that used MP draining skills. From about the mid point of the game you should be doing more than enough magic damage to recover more MP than you use with the right Augments. The Charge Technik should more than cover your needs until you get there, if not it's super easy to use Syphon to cover pretty much all your MP needs for the entire game anyway. In the worst case, the game throws more Ethers at you than you're ever going to use anyway.

The story is, for the most part, Star Wars. Only with a Bunny Girl as Chewbacca. They also had the good sense to have most of the worlds story told by their items, the Bestiary and the Hunts. Somewhat similar to how a game like Dark Souls does it. I also really appreciate the fact they didn't try force in an awkward romance story in there for no real reason too - You have no idea how much that annoys me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    How are the other FF games on the PC then?

I pirated Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster to try it out on PC and compare it to my PS4 version and it kind of felt like a atrocity and deleted after a min.

JRPGS need to be played on the console, at least until Japanese developers learn not to make a carbon copy console ports for the PC counterpart.
    You can use a controller on PC.. IX played fine for me. I also used controller for FF14 PC.

OT: Not interested, 12 wasn't as horrible as 13 but still not a great game in the series. I liked the story though.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2018-01-19 at 12:25 AM.

My friend lent me this game on ps2 and it was one of those games where I'd pick it up and get a little farther each time but never finish. Think the combat system just really didn't do it for me in this game.

Will probably end up getting it on sale since I bought every other FF game on steam though. Still enjoy them, maybe manage to finally make it all the way through some day.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.