Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Transmogrification exists.

/thread
    Did you read it?

I solved this issue by not using heirlooms.

Deleted
    Weird wording on this topic. I get your idea though.

I always imagined that the system for this as well as reputation would work way better if it worked something like that:
    - for each character that is a higher level than the one you are playing, you gain an additional 5% experience.
    - alternatively, if this is too hard to implement, simply give the bonus for every max level char (or brackets of ten, to prevent confusion when level cap is raised)

As you pointed out, I always found that heirlooms themselves are kind of problematic as they kill the feeling of progress on gear while leveling. Even with harder enemies, this will not really change.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Heirlooms are still equal to most blues, if not better due to higher secondary stats for most TBC/Wotlk items.

Int weapons 1-80 were bugged before the last restarts making the heirloom seem overnerfed, which was fixed now.

I take the 55% xp bonus, and the fact the items level with me, over just random greens/blues, which certainly need redesign for TBC/Wotlk.

I don't get belts/wrist/gloves/boots all the time during questing, certainly not every level.

Some quest rewards are missing secondary stats entirely, even in 7.3.5.

If they can fix itemization as a whole 1-110, then sure, redesign heirlooms into a buff or a single item.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-21 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Did you read it?
    Yeah. I did. And first thing I noticed is that what he speaks about in his opening thread reflect nothing what the thread title says.

Personally, I'd use looms without the exp bonus just to not have to worry about gear while leveling. I'd also love it if there were pieces for the rest of the slots.

Id they wanted to make everyone happy, they could make full heirloom sets with no exp boost, and then an enchant/buff for the exp boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    The scaling is a welcome change for me as it feels more like a game. One problem though is that WoW is all about gear as part of it's progression system. I think they should make the heirlooms only have the XP bonus and not be pieces of gear, but something else. They could potentially make it a permanent "enchant" to a gear slot similar to how glyphs work. You could then change items in and out and they would get the boost.

I think it's a missing piece of feeling like you are getting more powerful when you get a new piece of gear. Right now getting gear only matters for the appearance unlock.

Thoughts?
    I like how the heirlooms is with 7.3.5, it doesn't overload the other gear, you actually sacrifice a little but gain the XP bonus. You don't get the feeling of getting more powerful right away because you are running with the bonus of XP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah. I did. And first thing I noticed is that what he speaks about in his opening thread reflect nothing what the thread title says.
    What are you talking about? If you are referring to "model" surely you realize that the word model is not only used for graphics in video games...

heir·loom
    ˈerlo͞om/
    noun
    noun: heirloom; plural noun: heirlooms

a valuable object that has belonged to a family for several generations.

They supposed to have that Vanilla classic look to them.

I guess, intention behind making heirlooms scalable with levels - was to make leveling via dungeons optional. As you know, dungeon gear is superior in comparison to quest one. I.e. those, who level via dungeons only - would have full blue gear sets anyway. And those, who level via quests only or do few dungeons - have much worse quest greens. So, heirlooms = dungeon blues without actually doing dungeons.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Welcome to Diablo.

In Diablo 2, players had a set of gear for killing fast, another set of gear that was purely for magic find, and a third set of gear that was purely for gold find. Magic find gear increased the drop rate for rares and unique items. All of this was kinda scrapped in Diablo 3 and they added a gold find section tot he paragon point system, which as it turns out is a very boring solution.

Looking back, I'd say having different sets of gear for different jobs was more interesting and fun.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    the heirloom buffs should just be reusable enchants. so that you can still loot items for the appropiate slot and enchant them with the XP buff and some statbuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Welcome to Diablo.

In Diablo 2, players had a set of gear for killing fast, another set of gear that was purely for magic find, and a third set of gear that was purely for gold find. Magic find gear increased the drop rate for rares and unique items. All of this was kinda scrapped in Diablo 3 and they added a gold find section tot he paragon point system, which as it turns out is a very boring solution.

Looking back, I'd say having different sets of gear for different jobs was more interesting and fun.
    and? That isn't a 1:1 equivalent, not even close. There is no equivalent to gold/magic find in wow, and exp bonuses on heirlooms serve no end game purpose what so ever. Magic/gold find are critical stats in diablo....heirlooms with their exp bonus are not...at all...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I think the vast majority of people using heirlooms do not care about getting new stuff and feeling more powerful during lower levels. They just want to level to max fast and be done with it, and having heirlooms scaling with level ensures that they already have pretty much BiS regardless of where they go and what they do.
    This. This is what looms are INTENDED for. For people who have leveled more then once and know everything there is about leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Because this 1 moment of "happiness" and "excitement" is overshadowed by 10 moments of "my weapon / chest / pants are 20 levels behind, fml, there's nothing in the AH for an affordable price, quick search wowhead where can I get an item for this slot, oh great, I either have to do half of x zone with my old crap before I get an upgrade or go to a dungeon and pray that 10% dropchance item actually drops". No thanks. I'd take heirlooms anyday.

When I was new to the game I really wanted to get that leather 2-set from Zul'Farrak on my druid and the chest never dropped in 12 runs. Then I outlevelled the dungeon. Now we have scaling, but still after 12 runs that dungeon gets old and boring.

Why would I wish to struggle to find upgrades during levelling? That's what endgame is already about. Levelling is to see a new class, how it gains abilities and how they play together, see storylines, explore world, and not have to cherry pick quests and zones again based on what is rewarded where. I was pigeon holed into specific zones / questlines just because they rewarded better gear than alternatives (for example when Dustwallow Marsh revamp landed somewhere in wotlk it plain out gave better items than other zones in that lvl range).

Yes, there are players who enjoy chasing BIS gear at some low level. Those players usually create twinks. Back in the day indeed if you went to Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin at low level you'd see players in gear 3 times better than you. But for them it was an art in itself, they didn't care to level, they just cared to min max a character in specific bracket. Unfortunate side effect was whichever faction had more twinks in that bg would usually win because the rest couldn't contribute much. But that's another story.
    it seems its long time ago since yor last leveling happened without heirlooms. the situation you describe simply not exists anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    This. This is what looms are INTENDED for. For people who have leveled more then once and know everything there is about leveling.
    then i am definetelly not the „vast majority“.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    it seems its long time ago since yor last leveling happened without heirlooms.
    Whhy would I ever level without heirlooms since they exist? The convenience of not worrying about item upgrades is just too good to pass. Even if they didn't have xp bonus, I'd get them just for not having to chase new chest piece every x levels.