Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"Nothing good has ever come out of Silithus"

I had to laugh. That line from Saurfang in the recent cinematic was almost meta.

It's a shithole zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    As nominal leader of the Might of Kalimdor involved in the Ahn'Qiraj conflict he would definitely know - it's all just sand, grit, bugs, dark magic, and Old Gods.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I had to laugh. That line from Saurfang in the recent cinematic was almost meta.
    He speaks from experience, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I figure he'd be all about that DEoI.

Saurfang was active during the War of the Shifting sands... he speaks from experience in regards to nothing good coming from the shithole.
    “See your world through my eyes: A universe so vast as to be immeasurable - incomprehensible even to your greatest minds.”

7+ Year Old Account
    This line made the cinematic for me grizzled ole saurfang not wanting desert bullshit
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Speaking of the cinematic... did anyone notice how Baine Bloodhoof was out of character?
    “See your world through my eyes: A universe so vast as to be immeasurable - incomprehensible even to your greatest minds.”

He doesn't like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesJP View Post
    Speaking of the cinematic... did anyone notice how Baine Bloodhoof was out of character?
    Not really, he was acting fine.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah it was really weird how he actually got to do something for once. /s

No but seriously I thought Baine was great.

5+ Year Old Account
    Btw did anyone notice Baine eating freaking STEAK? Holy cannibalistic cow... And I thought only Trolls did that.

Honestly, this is perhaps the best cinematic they have ever made. It just feels so... natural. No stupid exaggerated action, no cringe lines, no overly dramatized contrivances. Just solid cutscene storytelling.

And Saurfang is definitely one of the best characters around at this point. Heck, even Baine really came together well, and Gallywix was done perfectly. Also noticed how well they handled Sylvanas' entire pose and attitude, very appropriate to the setting and her character. They really had some talented directing on that one, with a great eye for detail.

Only a little sad Lor'themar didn't get to do much, I still feel he's criminally underused. Maybe it's Liadrin's fault, she's too adorable and steals the Blood Elf spotlight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Btw did anyone notice Baine eating freaking STEAK? Holy cannibalistic cow... And I thought only Trolls did that.
    There's probably a fair bit of evolution separating the tauren from cows I mean people eat monkeys and apes and they're morphologically much similar to us, soooo

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tauren are omnivores they are hunter gatherers.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Baine has a character?

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    It's a shithole zone.
    Clearly, Sargeras agreed.

And it still didn't kill the Titan-damned bugs!

The double meaning between it being an awful zone and him being in the War of the Shifting Sands was just perfect. Looking forward to more horde leader banter way more than alliance leader banter; I love these guys already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    He is just like Anakin Skywalker. None of them likes sand.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The double meaning between it being an awful zone and him being in the War of the Shifting Sands was just perfect. Looking forward to more horde leader banter way more than alliance leader banter; I love these guys already.
    I agree, I like the old fart Saurfang, he may be old but looks a lot more dependable than Sylvanas.