Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I know you're trying to be argumentative, but really it is when you think about it.
    whatever floats your boat man.

Being nervous and scared is pretty normal I'd say. It's life changing, you've never gone through it, there should be some trepidation. My wife had a C-Section for both kids, so there was always a fear that something might go wrong, but they went smoothly (except a botched epidural on the first one that is causing her some pretty major back issues).

I think my biggest issue with being a parent is it opens up for everyone and their fucking mother to give you unsolicited advice on how to parent. Bonus points for people that don't even have kids.

It's rewarding and exhausting, the baby years are actually pretty easy as long as you don't have a colicky infant. You get used to the lack of sleep at night, and around 3-6 months they start sleeping all night and its cake from there. Then they turn 2, and you wake up one morning wondering wtf happened, and all the jokes about terrible twos were right. And honestly, it doesn't get all that much better from there on out. I joke, maybe a little.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Being nervous and scared is pretty normal I'd say. It's life changing, you've never gone through it, there should be some trepidation. My wife had a C-Section for both kids, so there was always a fear that something might go wrong, but they went smoothly (except a botched epidural on the first one that is causing her some pretty major back issues).

I think my biggest issue with being a parent is it opens up for everyone and their fucking mother to give you unsolicited advice on how to parent. Bonus points for people that don't even have kids.

It's rewarding and exhausting, the baby years are actually pretty easy as long as you don't have a colicky infant. You get used to the lack of sleep at night, and around 3-6 months they start sleeping all night and its cake from there. Then they turn 2, and you wake up one morning wondering wtf happened, and all the jokes about terrible twos were right. And honestly, it doesn't get all that much better from there on out. I joke, maybe a little.
    I can relate to your point re: advice, even my parents are starting to give a lot of advise on every small thing!
    Retired in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    whatever floats your boat man.
    You have somewhere between 60-90 years on this planet, on average, barring any unforeseen circumstances. Everything is easy as long as you have the willpower to do it. People have been bringing kids into the world since the mortality rate was about 50% and they still did it, so I don't find many valid excuses for much in the modern era.