Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Here, I simplified it (feel free to share):

"We are making these changes to ensure the XP boost doesn’t upset game balance and undermine the experience"

Anyone trying to defend this changes while lvl 100 Boost still in store, is a colossal funboy who is gonna defend them anyway even if they started killing puppies on national TV.

Only way for them to even slightly come clean is to remove the 60 bucks boost immediately. But honestly, ask yourself the possibility of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are they ignoring the player base? They used to ignore us pretty hard during WoD, but now, it has gotten even worse? I mean, the majority of the players where against this, the vanilla fanbois where not, yet, they still think they're the majority, I mean, you're getting vanilla server within a year probably, this is not making it easier for new players, and if the veteran players are saying this is wasting to much time, then think about new comers... 13 euros/15 bucks a month not enough any more I guess...
    And I have my Lore Master achievement, I don't need a new one on alts I level, thanks in advance...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I don't understand why so many people are pretending to care. How many of you all even use RAF? And if you do/did, how do you not have most classes you care about at 100+ by now?
    No one is pretending to do anything here, we are pissed off at the fact that they are pushing the level 100 boost into our faces none stop, if you can't see this, then your a typical troll, just like most of those who keep defending the leveling changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    "We are making these changes to ensure the XP boost doesn’t upset game balance and undermine the experience"

Anyone trying to defend this changes while lvl 100 Boost still in store, is a colossal funboy who is gonna defend them anyway even if they started killing puppies on national TV.

Only way for them to even slightly come clean is to remove the 60 bucks boost immediately. But honestly, ask yourself the possibility of that.
    At this point, there are no fanboing anything, the ones "defending" are trolls from now on, at least for me...

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, sure, all the new players are gonna flock to the cash shop to buy their boosts. /s

Me: "Hey Steve, wanna join WoW?"
    Steve: "Depends, does it have a +200% exp boost for RAF?"
    Me: "Not anymore, sorry Steve."
    Steve: "Guess I'll have to buy a boost then, despite me never having played this game and having no idea how long leveling takes - the lack of a +200% boost ruins it!"

Is this a realistic scenario? Is a new player going to buy a boost over this? No, not really, because new players don't care how big their RAF exp boost is. Not even a little. They'll either buy a boost or they won't, just like before. Not to mention most new players, if they boost, will just use their boost with Legion (which is cheaper than a boost anyway) - blizzard makes $0 from a new player boosting their first character.

+200% exp is a cheat code which hurt the experience for the exact players it was supposed to be benefiting. RAF is not for you to get easy capped characters, it's for inviting your friends.

people dont get it.
    raf is for a "veteran" showing the game to a "noob"

dont worry guys, you still dont learn youre rotation from leveling.
    or do you realy tell me you socket, enchant and most imortant do you have all the skills + artifact before 110?
    no? then dont bring the rota argument.

that didnt even helpedyou in classic.
    classic was the other way around.

you used 5-6 skills during mob pulls and in raids you used 1-2.
    hahaha blizz never gets ist right.

i guess the people who welcomed this change have no friends to recruit

Deleted
    nobody cares what you think

Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    Jesus Christ.

Yeah, sure, all the new players are gonna flock to the cash shop to buy their boosts. /s

Me: "Hey Steve, wanna join WoW?"
    Steve: "Depends, does it have a +200% exp boost for RAF?"
    Me: "Not anymore, sorry Steve."
    Steve: "Guess I'll have to buy a boost then, despite me never having played this game and having no idea how long leveling takes - the lack of a +200% boost ruins it!"

Is this a realistic scenario? Is a new player going to buy a boost over this? No, not really, because new players don't care how big their RAF exp boost is. Not even a little. They'll either buy a boost or they won't, just like before.

+200% exp is a cheat code which hurt the experience for the exact players it was supposed to be benefiting. RAF is not for you to get easy capped characters, it's for inviting your friends.
    boost works till lvl 90.
    now overthink youre post again.

you dont get bonus xp in draeonor and legion.

for the sake of argument: the last 20 lvl should be enough to learn and master youre "class"

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    people dont get it.
    dont worry guys, you still dont learn youre rotation from leveling.
    or do you realy tell me you socket, enchant and most imortant do you have all the skills + artifact before 110?
    no? then dont bring the rota argument.
    Sockets and enchants aren't rotations..?

Plus, no, you don't learn every individual skill at a low level, but you learn a pretty good chunk of them before level 30.

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    boost works till lvl 90.
    now overthink youre post again.

you dont get bonus xp in draeonor and legion.

for the sake of argument: the last 20 lvl should be enough to learn and master youre "class"
    My argument is the same, because throwing new players in at level 90 and then asking them to learn what to do would be pretty overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtech View Post
    No one is pretending to do anything here, we are pissed off at the fact that they are pushing the level 100 boost into our faces none stop, if you can't see this, then your a typical troll, just like most of those who keep defending the leveling changes.
    How it recruit a friend pushing a boost in your face?
    Last edited by Caaethil; 2018-01-23 at 08:17 AM.

I like the change honestly. 200% is just so absurd. The system of recruiting a friend was mostly used by veterans to level faster, not to bring a friend to WoW. Also if someone starts playing WoW, there shouldn't be a reason for them to level so much faster, especially with a free 100 level boost token.

My argument is the same, because throwing new players in at level 90 and then asking them to learn what to do would be pretty overwhelming.
    true, i can only speak for myself.
    i helped 8 people with raf and helped them always to get 1 maxlevel with decent gear.
    just leveling people to 90 and leaving is scummy.

back then in wotlk i was recruited after having a breake end of bc.
    friend leveled to 60 with me. on a rp server....
    did the last 20 lvl alone, and back then the old zoned where "classic" scaled haha good old times.

9/11 IGN

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    I'm so tired of people thinking Blizz do anything just for money!
    Thats thier job.

We want leveling to be looooong, fun and rewarding.
    Long? Yes it is longer now. You could also have similar experience before without heirlooms.
    Fun? Uh... it depends.
    Rewarding? No. Nothing has changed here.

We want to to live the story and take our time in every zone we choose. Can you understand that??? We dont care about hitting cap level without much effort. If you're not happy, just buy a boost but believe me, you elitist, you're not in majority anymore!
    Who exactly is 'we'?

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    And now Blizzard will say: "the players asked for it"
    If you mean people asking to make the game a game that new players can enjoy, then yes, people did ask for it. Give a new generation of players a chance.
    RAF was well intended, but these days just a multi-boxer facilitator, or at best a way for economy distorting 'army of alts' goldfarmers (calling them 'players' would be stretching the concept).

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    God forbid people actually like connecting with their toons and having a journey to cap rather than it just be a robotic nothing that you slog to cap with

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know who's more annoying, the perma outrage crowd or the "blizz only cares about money" crowd - although perhaps whoever is worse isn't important, both groups need to grow the fuck up and take the game a little less seriously
    Wait, is there a difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sockets and enchants aren't rotations..?

Plus, no, you don't learn every individual skill at a low level, but you learn a pretty good chunk of them before level 30.

How it recruit a friend pushing a boost in your face?
    Youtube > Search bar > type Mmrrggll > watch latest video.
    Bye bye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Multiple pages of posts deleted, what the hell? I'll just repeat what I said before:

Blizzard are pushing it. They increased leveling time with the flimsy excuse that they wanted players to experience the story etc. But they also removed xp pots, nerfed heirlooms, and now this. All they want to do is inflate their time played metric and sell more boosts.

They need to be careful.
    I bet you're that annoying dude that has to comment on everything yet having no knowledge or meaningful things to say.

This is obviously just Blizzard responding to our endless cries about leveling being boring as hell since we used to oneshot everything and outlevel a zone by 5 levels halfway through a zone's lore/story.

Stop trying to see the evil in every action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Because most the people here more than likely RAF with themselves and not with friends. They are mad they can't level to 100 in 2 hours anymore.
    You can level to 100 with 1 click.
    Why RAF when you can buy a boost?

Deleted
    You can literally do 50levels in a day and 110 over 3 days if you are a veteran player.
    I don't see huge problems regarding this tinfoil theory about boosts.

Also I would feel so stupid claiming that they are doing this to sell boosts because

1. Heritage Armor is neglected by boosts.
    2. Blizzard new method to show stakeholders how good is going WoW is to show the time spent logged, hence more time levelling more time logged.
    3. If they raise to 60$€ people will be less tempted to buy it and forced to level old way.
    Unless ofc you buy it but even in that case there are 2 scenarios : 1. You buy with $€ or 2. You buy with gold so basically it is free and you just spent time logged to farm gold, and this is counted towards the "people are playing a lot wow" call for earnings.

All of this just show us that Blizzard is doing the exact opposite

They are forcing people to level to make the "time spent logged" growing.

--------

Also dont forget that if next week they announce pre-order, there will be a 110 boost so basically they are giving out free-60$ boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    The perma outrage crowd get mad at everything, the money crowd get mad when Blizz asks you actually put time into the game to progress because the only way to play in that group is by buying a boost or character service - I'm not actually going to play the game I pay for Blizzard what are you thinking!?
    I may be colourblind, but I only see outrage. I also don't get why they don't bugger off to another game if this one is cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I and a lot of people simply don't care to smell the flowers in content I've done a few times before and just want to get to cap and jump into M+, or raid, or whatever.

With the game soon approaching 120 levels, they really shouldn't be forcing everyone to be smelling flowers. That doesn't mean I don't want there to be the option, I just want there to be an option for both. More options are almost always superior to one option or no option, in my experience.
    If you've done it a few times before, you already have a few max level characters you can use to jump into M+ or raid or whatever. What's the point even, then, in leveling more?

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Even RaF is changed now... lol RIP leveling, everything sounds like Blizzard is trying to force people to pay for a boost because many people like altoholics don't want to level longer. Nice try Blizzard. Lucky me that I've leveled my last character pre 7.3.5.
    ofc they are and changes to RAF are proof of it

they made leveling ultra shit and now they managed to make it even shittier then anyone could imagine.

its showing boosts down our throats .