Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Ok, as long as we all concur your statement saying the court can’t/ won’t draw lines stems from ignorance.
    Oh and Nice job being Disingenuous again. I never said they can't or won't. The ignorance stems from your trollish behavior is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    At least for iowa, the legislatures don't get to modify it. If they don't approve it it goes back to the commission. Since that's the case for iowa, and your link says those other states do it the same as iowa, I had assumed those legislatures also don't get to modify it.

You'll have to point out where I quoted the heading of some other paper that you didn't even link in my post. Here's what you linked the first time that I quoted from. Here's you're new link. Notice they're not the same. So how could it be from the section I quoted? Oh, you're just lying.
    I'm not lying, you misunderstood what I was saying. In the first link there, you quoted from the 'Advisary Commissions' section, first paragraph. The second paragraph says "The legislature is not bound by what these advisory commissions recommend, but because the legislative leadership usually has a role in appointing the commission's membership, the commission's advice tends to influence the legislature's final decision substantially.". This is what I was referring to when I said you ignored the bits that didn't agree with you.

If you're interested, the list of states down the left side has the details for each state. That's where my second link came from, I clicked on Maine. Admittedly I didn't do that for all states, so I agree with you that Iowa's set up sounds pretty reasonable. Theoretically it's still susceptible to tampering in that if the legislature rejects the commission's advice 3 times then they're allowed to just do whatever they want, but that hasn't happened yet and I'd consider it a fairly unlikely scenario.

Even then, you're still only talking about a total of 5-8 states (I didn't check on the details of all advisory commissions) with independent districting which is hardly the "many more" you initially claimed.

10+ Year Old Account
    best solution is just popular vote the fuck out if everything. Much more simple and fair. No delegates, no electorial college. Just votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    best solution is just popular vote the fuck out if everything. Much more simple and fair. No delegates, no electorial college. Just votes.
    This is about congressional districts, not president.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters