Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Poor people in poor areas die, and nobody cares. Middle class or rich people die, and suddenly people care.

People quote that line because it's so fucking relevant and accurate that it sticks out more than anything else.
    When innocents get shot in places like Chicago, it's usually covered. I've seen several stories about children shot through the walls during drive bys or gang members killing children or family members of other gang members. When it's someone innocent, there is always coverage regardless of social/economic status.

But why should people care when it's just gang members killing each other? People are desensitized to it now due to the frequency with which it happens and the culture around it glorifying it. The reason you will always see school shootings covered more than gang members killing each other is because in school shootings, the victims are people whose lives still have potential. In gang shootings, it's simply the equivalent of the trash being thrown out. The dead in those scenarios have typically already proved that their potential and their benefit to society disappeared long ago.

When people don't want to admit that Gun Control can work.

was there not security at the school?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    I'm still waiting for someone to actually give a solution that makes firearms illegal for legal firearm owners that magically makes firearms disappear for the criminals using them?
    Amnesties, seizures, increased penalties for gun usage. You know, the way other countries do it and every law passed ever works.

The fact that legislation may have a mild degree of difficulty associated with its implementation does not mean it is impossible. You could use some of the resources cities expend on policing and incarceration which are as much as four times that of most european capitals.

- - - Updated - - -

Except, he never said Black, you did! You're assuming all poor people are Black?
    Yes all those gang shootings are white on white crime taking place in suburban middle class neighbourhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Until it starts affecting Senators directly, like their kids or something, they won't do anything. Gun regulation was voted down.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/u...-virginia.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting

You were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by golftrant View Post
    Amnesties, seizures, increased penalties for gun usage. You know, the way other countries do it and every law passed ever works.

The fact that legislation may have a mild degree of difficulty associated with its implementation does not mean it is impossible. You could use some of the resources cities expend on policing and incarceration which are as much as four times that of most european capitals.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes all those gang shootings are white on white crime taking place in suburban middle class neighbourhoods.
    Not all impoverished people are Black, not all Whites live in nice neighborhoods free of gang violence and crime. You're trying to turn his statement into something that it absolutely isn't. Furthermore, how exactly do you penalize someone in possession of an illegal firearm? Shouldn't the penalty already be that they shouldn't have it? Also when did the Government get a hold of 6 albinos they shaved that sit in a pool detecting future crime (Minority Report)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

Deleted
    i love how people say it is all because you can get a gun at every corner, not becuase you dumb asses allow to bully kids to the point they take "justice" in their own hands.

Gun lovers vs gun haters, is pretty much the default thing that flares up after any shooting.
    But nothing really changes after each time something happens,.

Look at europe, we got barely any guns.
    But also almost no shootings.

People just refuse to see, and enjoy arguing about it... :/

Quote Originally Posted by golftrant View Post
    No you can't. You are making it up. Even organized criminals rarely use firearms in the UK.
    Because they don't need to, it doesn't change the fact that it still is possible. Don't talk with confidence about shit you don't know anything about.

5+ Year Old Account
    In the UK we have knife crimes instead. People with the intent to kill always find a way.
    Well of course I'd like to sit around and chat.
    Well of course I'd like to stay and chew the fat.
    But someone's listening in.

Problem is politicians have trained people to have an all or nothing mentallity. The only way to fight gun violence is to ban all guns, people with mental issues get locked up for life, people are poor because of regulations on businesses. There is no middle ground, it is either my way or no way. You want to do something, fine we do it my way or nothing gets done. Building is on fire? We use the exit on the east Wall or we all burn to death.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I actually seriously debated on posting this.... seriously. There will probably be another one a couple weeks from now and nothing will have been done/changed... because "ZOMG 2nd Ammendmentz!!!"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...-live-11900651

Don't ask me how the UK seems to get this news before our major networks do, but there it is. =/
    The NRA gun nuts have the most backward argument for not eliminating guns (and therefore gun violence). It's like arguing with a tree. You can see some of it in the most recent additions to the MEGA Gun Thread.

-Let's get rid of guns, because other country's have (Australia), and gun violence was reduced dramatically.

-No, we can't - because 2nd amendment and 'murica. Can't change an ingrained social policy like that which goes back to our founding fathers.

-You mean like slavery?

-That's completely different!

Fucking idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Gun lovers vs gun haters, is pretty much the default thing that flares up after any shooting.
    But nothing really changes after each time something happens,.

Look at europe, we got barely any guns.
    But also almost no shootings.

People just refuse to see, and enjoy arguing about it... :/
    Yep, and all that happened the day that guns were banned, right? Mary Poppins flew down and collected all the guns from people who have been stockpiling them illegally for years. Possibly did it while singing a song about taking medicine and drinking Earl Grey tea. Europe's gun problem was never allowed to evolve into what it is in America, now that it has it isn't as simple to fix, not even close and to say so is taking an incredibly linear view to a very broad problem. Once again, you don't live here and cannot fathom what the issue would take to address that would appease the population.

Europe also doesn't have a problem with your Government gun running automatic firearms across the border in a failed operation with the cartels. Chip, chip!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Shoplifter View Post
    In the UK we have knife crimes instead. People with the intent to kill always find a way.
    Do you have as many knife crimes as we have gun crimes, per capita? Any recent knife crimes over there in schools? Mass knife slayings with 10+ deaths, ever?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Problem is politicians have trained people to have an all or nothing mentallity. The only way to fight gun violence is to ban all guns, people with mental issues get locked up for life, people are poor because of regulations on businesses. There is no middle ground, it is either my way or no way. You want to do something, fine we do it my way or nothing gets done. Building is on fire? We use the exit on the east Wall or we all burn to death.
    Exactly. There are a number of very solid, middle-of-the-road solutions that could dramatically fix this problem in the US. But nope, can't take 'ma guns!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Do you have as many knife crimes as we have gun crimes, per capita? Any recent knife crimes over there in schools? Mass knife slayings with 10+ deaths, ever?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. There are a number of very solid, middle-of-the-road solutions that could dramatically fix this problem in the US. But nope, can't take 'ma guns!
    The story referenced in this thread doesn't even have 10 slayings, it is a bait thread posted by someone who was baited by a news story.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The story referenced in this thread doesn't even have 10 slayings, it is a bait thread posted by someone who was baited by a news story.
    Did the shooting happen? Are we done now? Thanks. School shootings aren't bait thread - it's abhorrent that you think that.

Also, the 10 number was in reference to the knife comment. Please pay attention to the argument so we don't have to repeat ourselves.

Don't often see headlines like "50 killed, 500 wounded in Knife Attack"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

- - - Updated - - -

40,000 knife crimes last year, mass stabbings in London, and schools fitted with metal detector arches.
    Well of course I'd like to sit around and chat.
    Well of course I'd like to stay and chew the fat.
    But someone's listening in.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    40,000 knife crimes last year, mass stabbings in London, and schools fitted with metal detector arches.
    Is that a lot compared to other countries? I'll chat with you if you have some data to discuss - knife vs gun crimes in U.S. vs other countries. I can see it being an issue if the U.S. has less knife crimes because there are insanely more gun crimes.

Being the hero that I am, I've already made sure to send them my thoughts and prayers.