Page 1 of 37
... LastLast
    Deleted

Aftermath of the bigoted channel 4 interview and other sensationalist muckrakers.

This is a breakdown of the tabloid media trying to subvert the topic. There is a long version and a short video.I can't say I'm surprised at the media using the cliched claims of harassment because they don't like the comments pointing out their faults.

This one is longer but is from his personal perspective.

Bear in mind this farce happened on state TV which is concerning with the slipping of standards that some troll is given free reign and cash to act like some internet shitposter.
    It reminds me of Ben Shaprio arguing with Piers "standing on the graves of children" Morgan who went for all the sensationalist misleading soundbites on the topic they were discussing.

I saw the thread about another interview got locked for who knows what reason,maybe they were half asleep.
    This thread and has nothing that breaches the rules unless someone wants to claim that having a gay commenter is against sexuality or that the indian interviewer should get the thread closed because he is brown and that's against race.

Deleted
    I was expecting something from Channel 4 in UK, disappointed

Deleted
    oh look a self help guy promoting his new book, 12 Rules for Life trying to sell me something with a screeching cult following

Can i get a tldr. I don't keep up with random internet drama very well.

Indeed, it was a shocking interview, but Peterson was clearly prepared for that sort of treatment. I wonder how the interview will impact viewers, she openly admitted he got her. Hopefully, this nutty culture war will come to an end soon. The equal outcome perspective is going to lead us down a dark road. It'll be interesting to see how a lot of the kids that are indoctrinated into that stuff view reality a decade from now once they've had ample time in the real world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post

Basically, a clinical psychologist who has been popularized for opposing Canada's C-13 bill, postmodernism, and collectivism was invited for an interview that was more like an inquisition in an attempt to inflate his statements into bigotry. It didn't go well, made the interviewer look like a fool and proved most of his points.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    It's not really drama.

Peterson went onto a show and the host misrepresented everything he was trying to say. He stumped her so bad that she had to take a pause to collect her thoughts. She was on the attack the entire time. Peterson just sat there while she humiliated herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    It's not really drama.

Peterson went onto a show and the host misrepresented everything he was trying to say. He stumped her so bad that she had to take a pause to collect her thoughts. She was on the attack the entire time. Peterson just sat there while she humiliated herself.
    Yep, it's not drama but it was pretty darn surreal. Will be interesting to see the aftermath, if any.

Why on earth would I watch any of these morons in some random youtube clip?
    No thanks.

It's not really drama.

It was the most one-sided demolition I've ever seen in an interview. Even Newman's fans were furious with her for being so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No thanks.

I wouldn't call it a random youtube clip, it was a thirty-minute inquisition on UK state news and is potentially a significant moment in this culture that's been raging in the west for the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No thanks.
    Gotta stick to that bubble. Can't be exposed to other lines of reasoning. Might break that conditioning. Can't have that!

Gotta stick to that bubble. Can't be exposed to other lines of reasoning. Might break that conditioning. Can't have that!
    Reasoning? Ah man, thats precious.

Deleted
    lmao talking about bubbles when your first reply can be found 7000x times under every article and video relating to the interview. pretty much word for fucking word.

Its either gotcha, owned, humiliated. Echo echo echo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peterson just sat there while she humiliated herself.
    Shame, should have been reversed. Just let Peterson talk, and people will hate him without the need for an interviewer to ask questions.

Peterson is a waste of flesh.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    lmao talking about bubbles when your first reply can be found 7000x times under every article and video relating to the interview. pretty much word for fucking word.

Its either gotcha, owned, humiliated. Echo echo echo.
    It was a description of the events... Of course you'd find that description elsewhere. I've never seen a more "no shit" moment in my life.

Also, link to those "word for word" posts so we can compare, please.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    oh look a self help guy promoting his new book, 12 Rules for Life trying to sell me something with a screeching cult following
    He is interesting guy, with decent experience in clinical psychology and so plenty of things he could (and did) share on that front, book being one of them.

Good for seeing some ideas clearly defined that really should be discussed rather then automatically assumed as true or false as well.

States plenty of "formerly common sense" things that went out of vogue now then supports them with his experiences.

A bit too trusting to Solzhenitsyn writings though.

Didn't realize Peterson was selling actual products at this point. Looks like he's gonna collect a lot of money from the alt-right man children off his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Shame, should have been reversed. Just let Peterson talk, and people will hate him without the need for an interviewer to ask questions.

Peterson is a waste of flesh.
    That's not what's going to happen though. What Peterson was able to say, he supported with logic and has the research to prove the stuff he is saying. I thought the dude was a bigot before I decided to pay him some attention after watching that interview. Watched a few of his lectures, and I don't get why people hate him so much outside of that he's deconstructing the philosophy behind the social justice aspect of the left. Peterson is injecting a lot of logic back into the conversation, and I think that's a good thing. What needs to happen is that there needs to be a candid debate with him, and other intellectuals who have a different perspective than his. It's a shame that no one is willing to have that conversation. It's hard to believe he's such a horrible person when he clearly states his views and backs up things he says with empirical data.

The importance of the D list celebrity and their view points is getting tiresome. I'm confused how half the people that respond are the same ones that say blizz is cash grabbing and can't see that these same people are merely cash grabbing in an attempt to stay relevant. On both sides.

TV News media is flailing and doing whatever it can to stay important to the next gen as their older gen (the majority of their viewership really ages) by going all sensational.

While these writers and bloggers have to find the fringe ideas and topics to harp on like they matter so much or that they aren't just rehashing the same shit that those sides have been saying for decades to get paid to talk or write opinion pieces. And they are fringe ideas all these groups are less than 1million people or better yet, and insignificant number of people in almost any major country. And most of the people are keyboard warriors who never attend a rally, don't vote (or can't vote), don't get involved in local politics (the one you can actually change) etc.

Instead everyone hones in like this is a CS:Go game and be like "oooohhhh bro owned" or "my team best team, don't look at the loss list, just look at the win list" type bullshit. Keep counting score folks, winners. Winning. Everyone seems to be winning recently. Who is loosing is the real question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Didn't realize Peterson was selling actual products at this point. Looks like he's gonna collect a lot of money from the alt-right man children off his book.
    Well, the point of the book is to transform them from man-child to the man, so if any will make it to transformation point it'll be net good.