Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Overwatch Pro Suspended For Saying Gay Rival Would Enjoy Sucking A 'Fat ****'

SOURCE

Dallas Fuel player Félix “xQc” Lengyel has found himself in hot water once again, this time for directing an insensitive insult at a player for the Houston Outlaws, shortly after the Outlaws swept Fuel 4-0 yesterday afternoon. Lengyel has been suspended and fined.

During a stream yesterday evening, Lengyel took issue with Outlaws tank Austin “Muma” Wilmot, who, during yesterday’s Overwatch League broadcast, dropped a notorious line of Lengyel’s—“rolled and smoked”—in reference to his team’s performance against Fuel. Lengyel was upset in part because he didn’t even play in that match.

“That’s fucked up shit,” Lengyel said during his stream, drawing a comparison to a hypothetical traditional sports player yelling at another player while they were benched with a broken arm. “That’s actually fucked up.”

“You didn’t smoke shit,” he added. “Shut your fucking mouth. Go back there. Suck a fat cock. I mean, you would like it.”

Wilmot, who is openly gay, brushed off the comment on his own stream, referring to Lengyel as a “homophobic piece of garbage.” “I’ll just keep winning,” he said.

Today, Lengyel took to Twitter to apologize for what he said on stream. “Everything is so fking trash lately,” he wrote. “Hope I can turn this into something good, sorry @Muma.”

Wilmot, in turn, accepted the apology and apologized back. “You’re on a great team and I fully expect you to return to full force before playoffs. GL my doggie,” he wrote.

It seemed to be water under the bridge at that point, but later in the day, Dallas Fuel announced that they’ll be taking disciplinary action against Lengyel. For now, they’ve merely said that he won’t be taking part in tonight’s match, but they added that additional details are “forthcoming.”

In a recent interview with Compete, Dallas Fuel owner Mike Rufail said he’s intent on letting his players, many of them big personalities like Lengyel, be themselves. He added, however, that there’ll be consequences for players who go against his team’s code of conduct, which Lengyel clearly did and is serving at least a one-match suspension for. Lengyel, in turn, has spoken about all the pressure that comes with being part of the Overwatch League, moving to a new country, and also streaming regularly. Currently, Fuel has lost every regular season game they’ve played, which has undoubtedly added frustration to the pile of stressors. Fuel now looks to turn things around on multiple levels.

Update - 9:50 PM: On the Overwatch League website, Blizzard has specified that Lengyel is suspended for a total of four matches and will be fined $2,000.

Update 2 - 11:00 PM: Dallas Fuel has announced that they’ll uphold Blizzard’s suspension and also bench Lengyel for the remainder of season one’s first stage, which ends on February 10. While Lengyel is suspended, Fuel will offer him “additional resources, focus coaching, physical training, and support” to help him improve.
    What are your views on this? To me, this sounds like a slap on the wrist punishment. This kind of shit is toxic and needs to be removed from the gaming world (and real world too).

Deleted
    Your forum name suggests some sort of bias.

Whilst its never nice to upset people, it was used in a general fleeting sense — its kinda like when white kids fight each other and start saying the derogatory term for black people.

Im sure he is not a raging homophobe.

In any case this was done in an unofficial capacity not during a match or anything; just a human being frustrated, whod have thought.

As a gay person, I don't think that kind of toxicity goes away just by kicking someone out, and he wouldn't learn from it. Being suspended and fined is enough to get the point across that it's not acceptable and won't be tolerated. Harsher measures can be taken if there's a repeat occurrence.

But unfortunately, the only way to get that kind of behavior to change for good requires education on why it's not something that should be said out loud, and that's much more of a commitment.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

it was used in a general fleeting sense — its kinda like when white kids fight each other and start saying the derogatory term for black people.
    the hell kinda sense does that make

Just because you're angry doesn't give you a excuse to use derogatory terms, no matter the situation. Anyway seagull actually said that such a punishment doesn't make much sense for something like that, and that a bigger reason was more internal and private.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    But is he wrong?

xQc went a bit too far, but he at least apologized so he's ok to me. Should be more careful next time, though.

Go Dallas !
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

This has been discussed all through pages 4-5 and a bit into the 6th in the Overwatch League megathread.

It's quite hypocritical, the whole thing. xQc knew he shouldn't have said it as he said, he knows he did wrong, he accepted his punishment. HOWEVER, the fact is, and what makes it hypocritical is if he had said the same thing about a straight guy there would have been no punishment. The insult was going to end at "suck a fat cock" until you can LITERALLY see the remembrance come across his face that Muma is gay, the "but he would like it" comes across as stumbling realization.

Did he deserve the punishment? Sure, but its not the witch hunt that has followed.

In this time:

An owner threw a mild threat at him.
    At least one other pro in OWL has told someone to "kill themselves"
    Other "toxic" comments from OWL players.

Where are the punishments for this stuff? What about something coming down about Shanghai forcing their players to practice 15 hrs a day? OWL is turning into a joke and Blizz is letting it.

Well, I mean, he's probably not wrong.

Gamer calls other gamer Gay.

World first.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're really trying to push this like an athletic sports league then the suspension is merited. Professional athletes who are caught making similar statements are usually fined and issued suspensions too.

It doesn't matter that "gamers call each other gay all the time" whatsoever. He's being punished for breaking the rules of the contract that he signed with a professional e-sports team - you simply aren't allowed to say things like that during competition without repercussions.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I fucking hate the term "gaymer" it's so fucking cringe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    What are your views on this? To me, this sounds like a slap on the wrist punishment. This kind of shit is toxic and needs to be removed from the gaming world (and real world too).
    Sounds like a extremely butthurt and commonly toxic player upset his team was decimated, he so called apology sounded like he was blaming other things for his homophopic action...

Punishment sounds about the same as they do average toxic players....almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I fucking hate the term "gaymer" it's so fucking cringe.
    Kinda like Trihard, huh?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    But is he wrong?
    He isn't, technically.

As far as trash talking is concerned, though, people say all sorts of dumb stuff online. As a guy who is into other guys I would literally just laugh it off - though I wouldn't make a big deal about my sexuality in the first place. One of the reasons I actively avoid associating with the LGBT community, though, is due to how common witch hunts are. I'm willing to bet most of the people complaining about this have said stuff that is just as toxic themselves at some point. Heck, the first I heard about this was from someone on tumblr ranting and claiming that 'straight people are cancer'.

The punishment isn't unwarranted - but the self righteous crusades and over-exaggerations are really silly. The guy said something dumb, was punished accordingly and ended up apologising.

All that aside, though, I've yet to see a thread from the OP that doesn't involve trying to stir up outrage related to gay individuals. That's a bit strange.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2018-01-24 at 02:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    He isn't, technically.

As far as trash talking is concerned, though, people say all sorts of dumb stuff online. As a guy who is into other guys I would literally just laugh it off - though I wouldn't make a big deal about my sexuality in the first place. One of the reasons I actively avoid associating with the LGBT community, though, is due to how common witch hunts are. I'm willing to bet most of the people complaining about this have said stuff that is just as toxic themselves at some point. Heck, the first I heard about this was from someone on tumblr ranting and claiming that 'straight people are cancer'.

The punishment isn't unwarranted - but the self righteous crusades and over-exaggerations are really silly. The guy said something dumb, was punished accordingly and ended up apologising.

All that aside, though, I've yet to see a thread from the OP that doesn't involve trying to stir up outrage related to gay individuals. That's a bit strange.
    You are a nice gay man and I hope many dongs find their way to you.

would he be suspended and/or fined if he said that to a straight guy?

if yes, fine.

if no , it's bullshit.

people say dumb shit when they're upset, it's human nature to find a "weakspot" in trashtalks, but that's kinda the point of trashtalks, isnt it? that they bear no weight really.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-01-24 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You are a nice gay man and I hope many dongs find their way to you.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    i dont know whats so cool about a man putting another man's penus in his mouth... and it was just trash talk in defense of muma provoking it to begin with... fgt

note- seagul is a sellout for selling out his teammate by "sharing" his opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    kids be kids i guess. I don't say your opponents to suck cocks in competitive scene, leave it for solo q
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.