Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Perfect Storm View Post
    Not excusing the insult, but insulting a gay should not be treated any different than insulting any other person.
    Gays are normal persons and should be treated as such.
    Muma apparently took it like a man, and xQc acted indignantly. There is that to it.
    no he didnt

at first he was like lol well whatever my teams winning OWL rn

then he was like fuck that homophobic piece of shit when people kept asking about it

Oh well then.
    Insulting gays is homophobic, I see
    Insulting hamsters, then, is what?
    Hamsterphobic?)

Not excusing the insult, but insulting a gay should not be treated any different than insulting any other person.
    Gays are normal persons and should be treated as such.
    Muma apparently took it like a man, and xQc acted indignantly. There is that to it.
    Again, this has nothing to do with insulting Muma because he's gay. Get yourself off that hook, you're hung up on it. This isn't falling into that fever-dream of "special rights" that certain people seem to think exists when marginalized people ask for equal protection and representation. The issue is xQc using an inappropriate, derogatory term that was poignantly directed at a person with whom that term carries excessive weight in an attempt to denigrate him. The issue is the term and how it was leveraged, and not the fact that Muma likes other dudes.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You are a nice gay man and I hope many dongs find their way to you.
    Best reply on these boards ever! I'm glad I wasn't drinking when I read it. These boards need a like button.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    He isn't, technically.

As far as trash talking is concerned, though, people say all sorts of dumb stuff online. As a guy who is into other guys I would literally just laugh it off - though I wouldn't make a big deal about my sexuality in the first place. One of the reasons I actively avoid associating with the LGBT community, though, is due to how common witch hunts are. I'm willing to bet most of the people complaining about this have said stuff that is just as toxic themselves at some point. Heck, the first I heard about this was from someone on tumblr ranting and claiming that 'straight people are cancer'.

The punishment isn't unwarranted - but the self righteous crusades and over-exaggerations are really silly. The guy said something dumb, was punished accordingly and ended up apologising.

All that aside, though, I've yet to see a thread from the OP that doesn't involve trying to stir up outrage related to gay individuals. That's a bit strange.
    I'd attribute your attitude towards this is that you're just a normal guy with a sense of humor that allows dumb shit to just roll off your back. Gammers trash talk and its fun to do. Hell in my guild pretty much anything is worth a go and we have a few gay guys on our raid team that dish it out/and take it like pros. People like the OP get too worked up over dumb shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    You want my thoughts on the matter?

I like Overwatch but it's community is terrible.
    This is problem with whole gaming community, not only to Overwatch. But it is too late to change it.

I've given my opinion on this in the other thread but I mostly agree with Thorin.

It's worth listening to for some perspective.

Both reddit AND xqc fans are fucking obnoxious though, as per usual.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2018-01-25 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you can't insult gays because...?
    You can insult anyone without having to attack their sexuality, gender, or race.

I mean, people have done it before. I don't know why its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    You can insult anyone without having to attack their sexuality, gender, or race.

I mean, people have done it before. I don't know why its hard.
    the difference being..?
    What is the difference between me calling you a fething disgrace and calling you(f.e.) a chinese retard?
    What is the difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    the difference being..?
    What is the difference between me calling you a fething disgrace and calling you(f.e.) a chinese retard?
    What is the difference?
    Well if you had DS you probably wouldn't feel great about people calling you a retard since it's something you have no control over that has significantly affected your life. Obviously they can go ahead and say that but only gutter trash picks on the mentally handicapped.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Theres no professionalism anywhere in Overwatch, even light shit talking wouldnt fly in any competitive sport, maybe if all the players matured a little the sport would be more respected.

I dont see the point in throwing the book at someone to pander to SJW bullshit, whilst allowing any kind of shit talking to occur as well.
    There's no professionalism anywhere in sports.

But thing is, he took his punishment, he knew he was in the wrong, but this whole thing is one sided, hypocritical, witch hunt.

What is the issue? People say "suck a cock" all the time. Seems like PC bullshit. How is that "homophobic"? Gay people love sucking cock right?

Theres no professionalism anywhere in Overwatch, even light shit talking wouldnt fly in any competitive sport, maybe if all the players matured a little the sport would be more respected.

I dont see the point in throwing the book at someone to pander to SJW bullshit, whilst allowing any kind of shit talking to occur as well.
    Some form of trash talk is actually entertaining though.

Claiming 'light shit talking' wouldn't fly in a competitive sport makes you seem incredibly out of touch.

In fact some of the original trash talk between Muma and xQc was actually entertaining and fun to follow, but I'd be parroting the video I posted above at that point.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2018-01-25 at 12:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's inherently homophobic, it's something personal that relates to the guy you're trying to insult in order to drive the point home. For example, if he was fat, you'd call him a fat piece of shit instead. And that's also exactly what Muma did, taking something personal and using it against xqc by using his words against him / his team.

As for the punishment, eh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. If your team has a code of conduct that you broke, you own up to it, do the time and pay the fine.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

He deserves it. Uses gay specific trash talk against the only openly gay player in the league. I'd kick him off the team personally.

Not very professional of him, but he's not wrong.

This kind of toxic language is just as bad as saying things like "throw like a girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    This kind of toxic language is just as bad as saying things like "throw like a girl."
    Can we please not make it up about gender equality bullshit?

Is it really? I'd love more professionalism in the game, more quality interviews about tips, tricks and plays in a relaxed setting that gives the players (most of whom seem very camera shy) a chance to relax and break down their plays. I dont give a flying fuck about nerdy backchat before and after games/wins, its always corny, forced and just awkward to watch.

If you want that trash talk then dedicate a moment to it in a controlled environment, the casters are the only ones that seem to understand what professional banter is, they are entertaining the players arent. The players get a mic shoved in their face and get told to be funny in a language that often isnt their native one.
    That's why it's more entertaining if it's not quite as forced, but still somewhat kept within boundaries.

xQc and Muma's interactions were pretty fun to follow to me, and it didn't really interfere with the actual league until xQc decided to sic his army of 13 year onto something, which is pretty lame.

Imo at least.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it Homophobic to say Homosexuals would love to suck dick though? I mean if someone said to me "Why don't you go fuck a pussy, I bet you'd like it!" I'd be like... "Yeah?".

People need to stop being such pussies.

It's an issue because he made a homosexual joke about a homosexual. Knowing the other person is gay, it would have been more appropriate in trash talking him with something like "I hope your dick falls into a vagina!" See the difference? I mean, what's so hard about that. Want to insult a homsexual male? Tell them "I bet you like f***ing women you vagina lover!" What's so hard to know the difference?
    Seriously though, trash talking is one thing, but it becomes something completely different when you bring in insults based on a person's ethnicity, sexuality, mental state, etc. It's completely different if I am playing against someone and I start trash talking them with things like "you can't hit anything! Your aim is terrible! Learn to play!" than if I said something like "go suck a bag of tiny dicks you Asian homo piece of shit!" No offense meant to anyone with that last example.