Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Meh, they could add more to a rogue, especially Outlaw (like utilize pistols more)... but a 2h does not really fit into the thief, light and fast style, maybe something like using a 1 light sword (instead of dual wielding) could make sense, like some katana ninja-style, but not wielding a typical warrior weapon.

Bow spec is the only thing left that makes sense for Rogues IMO.

For me personally, a Nightblade spec (Magic/Stealth themed, mix of melee and mid-range) would be the most fun, but it doesn't really make sense in the Warcraft universe.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2018-01-24 at 10:58 PM.

There already is a Nightblade spec.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    They can apply a formula to make it equal to 2 1Handers, If I remenber correctly back when fury warriors could use 2 1 handers they had a talent to the damage was the same as with 2 2 handers.

Thematicly I'm thinking something like this:

Why would it have to be assassination though? Assassination is balanced around dual wielding daggers...I'd say Subtlety would be the better option to change since it has pretty much no interaction with the off hand.

Yeah, we just need some subtle 2 handed weapons.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Why would it have to be assassination though? Assassination is balanced around dual wielding daggers...I'd say Subtlety would be the better option to change since it has pretty much no interaction with the off hand.
    Well I never said an specific spec, whatever spec fills the role for it I'll be down for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    Well I never said an specific spec, whatever spec fills the role for it I'll be down for it
    I just figured because you were talking about poisons, but yeah...subtlety would be the easiest to convert I imagine because unlike assassination and even outlaw, subtlety has nothing that really involves the offhand at all except being a stabby stat stick.

A range spec would be more interesting, Using bows/crossbows/guns or with throwing knives/stars

I'd be all for a 2H leather wearing class. Rogue would be interesting to see with 2H, but don't think it fits thematically.

Totally agree Outlaw should be sword in one hand and pistol in the other. Now that they've made a precedent for having a dual weapon fit into a single slot, I don't see why that would be something they couldn't do for them. Have the weapon animate in both hands for Assassination and Subtlety but only have one sword in the hand for Outlaw with a pistol in the other that fit thematically with the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    A range spec would be more interesting, Using bows/crossbows/guns or with throwing knives/stars
    I always thought turning subtlety into some kind of dark ranger like spec could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I always thought turning subtlety into some kind of dark ranger like spec could be interesting.
    A better idea would be for them to remove survival hunter and make a dark ranger spec with hunter. If rogues were to suddenly be ranged, we'd probably be never anything but ranged and a lot of people signed up for melee when they played this class. And we don't need melee hunters...the game just doesn't need more melee at all.

Two-handed weapons seem nowhere near sly, sneaky, or high skilled enough for rogues. I recall that we were pretty excited when they discussed allow us to mutilate with non-daggers, but that was a problem with rogues who played multiple specs needing 4 separate weapons (at least). We just wanted an alternative. I suppose they figure there's enough weapons in mythic pluses that we'll get something, someway in the next x-pac.

I would have liked something like this for Sub: (cant post a link: search for „samurai warriors 2 hanzo“) Or a Scythe kinda thing. Why not go Full ninja if you invent class fantasy. But its probably too late cause i doubt they get a new weapom type in the game for just one class. shouldve been artifact weapon

I gotta agree with the Bow crowd here, that sounds pretty sweet and realistic, being a sneaky skilled bowman to quietly silence someone. Would be nice to have a second class to be able to use bows anyway, and more ranged dps is always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...I would be in for anything that mixes things up...be it a twohander or a ranged. Rogues are probably the class where all specc feel so....interchangeable.
    That's very true. Assassination and sublety could as well be just 1 spec (though finally a rogue spec where we have an actual choice of talents)

I've often thought a ranged spec makes a lot of sense, both thematically, and from a loot balancing perspective. I don't think a 2H rogue has ever been something I've thought about though, and now that you mention it, I don't think it makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    I've often thought a ranged spec makes a lot of sense, both thematically, and from a loot balancing perspective. I don't think a 2H rogue has ever been something I've thought about though, and now that you mention it, I don't think it makes sense.
    Remenber ninjas, they use katanas, a 2 hander sword, it can be done.
    But anyway, want I really want is some visual variety on rogues weapons and stances, seeing my rogue doing something else than dual wield.

subtetly has shurikens, why not a chain for a weapon or katana or naginatana.

I created three posts on the official forum about this topic - one before each of the last 3 expansions. Imho having all three rogue specs dual-wield is not good design. Sub+Assn already have problems of differing from one another in their motive. When they decided Sub should be the "Ninja" i was SURE they would finally abondon dual-wield for sub and give us a single one-handed ninja-blade that uses two-hander animations....or completely new animations....but nope, they had to leave the spec with 2 daggers. Purely from an artifact-weapon-POV this was my biggest disappointment in Legion. They did not even make one of the additional skins a ninja-blade. Warriors + paladins both got a flail as their Challenge mode appearance....what did sub get? Right, 2 more daggers.

So, short answer: Sub should have been a non-dual-wielder since 6 years ago, imho. The spec does absolutely NOTHING with it's off-hand weapon. The other two specs at least pretend to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I created three posts on the official forum about this topic - one before each of the last 3 expansions. Imho having all three rogue specs dual-wield is not good design. Sub+Assn already have problems of differing from one another in their motive. When they decided Sub should be the "Ninja" i was SURE they would finally abondon dual-wield for sub and give us a single one-handed ninja-blade that uses two-hander animations....or completely new animations....but nope, they had to leave the spec with 2 daggers. Purely from an artifact-weapon-POV this was my biggest disappointment in Legion. They did not even make one of the additional skins a ninja-blade. Warriors + paladins both got a flail as their Challenge mode appearance....what did sub get? Right, 2 more daggers.

So, short answer: Sub should have been a non-dual-wielder since 6 years ago, imho. The spec does absolutely NOTHING with it's off-hand weapon. The other two specs at least pretend to.
    I really do Hope that the flail weapon was a test to what new kinds of weapons can be implemented, I'm sure the art team would be more than happy to experiment because designing axe#6635 must feel freaking old for them.

Why not a single sword talent for Outlaw that boosts up the stats on the single weapon and gives some other fun bonus like bonus single target damage?

I think a spec that either use a single one handed weapon or two handed weapon could be nice, a spec with no stealth and more
    ways to go toe to toe with enemies in close range.
    Could bring back abilities like ghostly strike and riposte, having several small duration defensives to offset the lack of stealth.